Reave

The skill essentially is Cleave for Hardcore leagues. Its somewhat ranged based, which means you can position yourself better while not giving up your shield.

Cleave requires you to run dual wield, ditching a shit ton of defenses. And Double/Dual Strike + Melee Splash requires you to be in the opponents face to hit him, which can be pretty dangerous as well. I guess thats also one of the reasons why its damage isnt on par with them. You trade potential output with survivability.

Yet I still feel like it lacks something. The changes to the start-up AoE definitely help with desynch, but even with AoE nodes simply arent enough. Youre almost forced to run an AoE gem nonetheless, invalidating one of the initial reasons to run the skill (the fact that you dont need to run an AoE gem but its worked into the skill)
Pros for reave
1.build correctly and clear speed is as good as discharge
2. doesnt take shield slot
3. large aoe
4. mana efficent
5. no negative damage effectivness

Cons
1 need to stack
2 limited weapon selection
Swap con effect for inc aoe and you will be hitting off screen.
For crit build tooltip dps doesnt matter and larger aoe will result in better clear speed.
I like Reave mechanically but please do something with the sound effect. The skill doesn't sound good or powerful. When you compare it to other skills like molten strike, ground slam, leap slam, lightning strike etc, they all have very well done sounds that have a feeling of power. Reave completely lacks any feeling in the sound and honestly sounds like you pushing air at them or something.

It's also hard to see how far reave extends. I know the upcoming mtx will fix that but thought I'd mention it.

Now is the perfect time to make some changes! You'll sell more of the mtx!
Cooldown Timer Please!
"The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence."
"
Hixxie wrote:
Cooldown Timer Please!

I like this idea!

Also can't wait for my red Reave of doom (insert evil laughter)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/913599 <--- mirror Thread
probably been discussed by whats the reason for reave not working with two handed weapons? considering how vulnerable two handers are it'd be a step in the right direction to be able to use reave with wings of entropy and go for max shield/spell block.

cant see how reave with two handers would be op as you can use them with spectral throw...
"
Acer99 wrote:
probably been discussed by whats the reason for reave not working with two handed weapons?

Because Reave is just a better Cleave. Cleave needs a place too, and currently that is dual-wield and two-handed. Everything else is already better off with Reave because it's simply a bigger AoE.

This does mean the Reaver Sword cannot be used with Reave, which is still funny every time. :P
yeah i understand cleave needs a niche perhaps but it just removes some of the fun factor for me, wanting the ability to use one of my favorite skills with my favorite weapon and a bringer of rain for pure awesomeness...
is reave good for cast on crit?
Best AOE melee skill in the game.

Good AOE (More with each hit).
Good DPS - no penalties such as those 80% base DPS on ground slam.
Good interaction with fast attack speed and multi strike.
Good feel and game play - does not require clicking a specific target such as melee splash or somehow molten strike and lightning strike.

Works with slow internet connections (I play on a 3G modem), This is the only melee skill I can use, ground slam is next but it has a huge DPS penalty.

Build/Tree:

Gear:
Spoiler

Last edited by alxuser890 on Dec 5, 2014, 9:50:41 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info