0.9.12 One-week Hardcore Ladder Race

"
jujuman wrote:
"
Aziraphale wrote:
Sooo this kind of race seems to me like a waste of time.... Don't get me wrong, i LOVE playing this game, but us people with jobs arent going to be able to compete with the ppl who sit on their computer all day. (thats not me bashing those people, i wish i was one of them!)

You need to challenge yourself then, set a level limit and achieve that. Last week I got 2 witches to 40 on two of my accounts that was my goal, I don't have time to win a one week race with my job. This week I plan to get one Templar to 60 and one to 40 maybe.

Pretty much this. I know I cannot compete with the top 10 or 20 with my limited time, but I know there will be prizes for each 10 levels I gain. So I set myself a realistic goal and race for it. Then I watch myself on the ladder and am always happy to see when I reached top100, top80 and so on.

Question though, why two chars? Only the highest one counts in the end. If one was to play it safe it would make more sense to get one to 40 first and then try to get the next one higher.

@Hilbert, man that guy cracks me up. Barely ever seen someone this paranoid about his opponents. "Boohoo, all guys cheat and exploit but me." Must be hell inside your head man.
He said on two accounts. So one char per account which means two sets of rewards.

On another note, I just died at lvl 27 in normal Pools and Streams. With no mobs in sight I entered the Dread Thicket. Saw the loading screen then I got pushed back into login screen. When I selected my character again, it was in Default league.

This was my first race and I knew I didn't stand much chance at competing with the top so I was just going for level 60. Dieing like this is extremely demotivating because I have no way to influence it unless I completely clear an area of monsters every time.
"
Huaojozu wrote:
He said on two accounts. So one char per account which means two sets of rewards.

Oh, my bad then. Shouldn't post before I had my first coffee.
Seeing as I currently hold the top Shadow and I somehow survived in extreme hardcore mode it's probably time to take a break.
My connection at the moment:
I'm BACK :)
rip lvl 45, 9 and 7.
deaths due to tiredness ^_^
gl hf other racers!
"Tangata ako ana i te whare, te turanga ki te marae, tau ana"
Another one bites the dust, live on twitch :/
RIP Spacke
"
Coldet wrote:
Seeing as I currently hold the top Shadow and I somehow survived in extreme hardcore mode it's probably time to take a break.
My connection at the moment:

I myself rage when my ping goes over 80ms, are you on mobile internet Coldet? GL in the rest of the race :D

Edit: Just saw in my monitor that you are #1 Shadow, very impressive with that connection!
Last edited by Kemichal on Sep 13, 2012, 9:37:35 AM
Rip level 41. Up to this time I only got hit by Oversoul's smash once, due to lag. That's why this time I didn't care for getting fire res vs him :P

Was fun, good luck to everyone, play safe.
Last edited by globbi on Sep 13, 2012, 10:43:31 AM
RIP L30 Ranger. One shotted by Vaal lightening beam. Leason learned - 50% lightening resist is inadequate!

Replacement up to L17 - so much faster when you have gear stashed. ALthough to be honest my RNG for my first char sucked. This one has been finding great equipement and orbs under just about every rock she turns.

Falan
Well shit, AncientLeap down last night, 54 in sins. ~3k hp and 80% lightning resist, desync took me to a spark skeleton party, and then decided to rubberband me around awhile. Died trying to click exit game. Click click, click

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info