[1.2.0] Ice Pierce Crit Ranger

Hey, thanks for the answer about the power charge I think I'll take one yea and the one from Alira.

I'll post my gear for people who want to see it while I'am leveling up I got some serious Op unique and levelling gear to make it easier, but as I arrived in merciless I needed to change some gear to get some resist and life :D.

Spoiler

Another questio while I'am at it, can I make the build take Acrobatics and Phase Acrobatics ? and taking all the crit, because your "Dex monley build" is not crit

While doing researche for this build I wanted to do a crit build with these 2 keystones and I still want to try them meybe respec later if it's not rly good end game.
Oh, FFS. I pulled up my OP just to check, and I clearly stated that those are EXAMPLE NON-CRIT BUILDS. The crit build is, well, the rest of that section.

Yes, Acro and Phase Acro are good. I think SEOINAGE posted his crit build a page or two back, and it goes into acro, if you wanted a look. I am absolutely not interested in posting a working full skilltree for my character, because once I do that people will just cookie-cutter on me and that's not what I write guides for.
How to make a build: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/510084
Current guides: N/A
"
Kirielis wrote:
"
- For "Intruders in Black" reward, would you have suggested LMP or Pierce? I already made my choice, but just curious.

Which one's that? If you had LMP already, then get Pierce, otherwise get LMP.

Good-- I didn't have either, and I picked LMP. I think Pierce is a quest reward in Normal A3.

"
Kirielis wrote:
"
I think Kirielis said that mana regen items don't work for Ice Shot, but maybe I'll take some of those other mana/int nodes.

It's really hard to regen 300-400 mana regen per second, which is what my IS was costing me at the end. Mana leech (or BM/LL) is definitely necessary, and even then EB would be a lot easier to work with than my chosen route of Thief's Torment.

I'm sorry I misspoke in my previous post-- I meant that you'd said that mana LEECH item's don't work for Ice Shot. Looking to try to get a Mana Leech gem, maybe. Or fire some Split Arrows to leech back mana when I need it after firing off some Ice Shots.

BTW, uh, how do you get the non-default image for a forum avatar?
Last edited by trentjaspar on Dec 2, 2013, 4:15:13 PM
Click your name at the top of the forum, which will pull up your profile page. There's a link on the right to change avatar.

Regarding mana leech: that is correct, mana leech on gear and Mind Drinker do not work on elemental damage. That means the only part of the attack that returns mana is the 60% physical on initial hit. So while it does work...technically speaking...it doesn't work very much, and you need a whole lot of DPS to return sufficient mana to work with.
This one blindsided me too. For 1.0.2 the math is as follows:

(old)
70 multiplier
6 ipd
25 chance

vs

(new, requires 2 additional points)
10 dex
52 ipd
40 chance
50 multiplier

The difference is 46% ipd (that's not a small amount), 15% crit chance (every little bit, right?) and -20 multiplier (boo); I assume everyone has dex anyway, 10 more or less doesn't make a difference. For 2 points, I reckon that's definitely worth it!
"
Kirielis wrote:
This one blindsided me too. For 1.0.2 the math is as follows:

(old)
70 multiplier
6 ipd
25 chance

vs

(new, requires 2 additional points)
10 dex
52 ipd
40 chance
50 multiplier

The difference is 46% ipd (that's not a small amount), 15% crit chance (every little bit, right?) and -20 multiplier (boo); I assume everyone has dex anyway, 10 more or less doesn't make a difference. For 2 points, I reckon that's definitely worth it!

Hi Kirielis,

What do you think of the new Heavy Draw tree? Is it worth investing points into? 16% increase in max HP looks attractive; though I wish GGG could change the increased Stun duration to elemental resistances.
Going from the assumption of taking Deadly Draw already, Heavy Draw is 4 points for 36% IPD, 16% HP and 16% stun duration.

The baseline value for HP is 8% per passive point. 18% IPD is exactly what Oak gives, which is pretty much one passive point, by definition.

Therefore, in efficiency terms, this cluster is now slightly above average. Whether you take it depends mostly on whether you have anything better to do with the points, but it's not a bad idea by any means.
Thanks Kirielis!
Hi Kirielis,

Another question, is it worth the investment into the node Reduced Mana Reservation? I have a reduced mana gem linked to my auras but my mana still runs out from time to time.

By the way, do you think my bow will be viable till lategame and even maps?
Last edited by pxf31 on Dec 2, 2013, 8:21:59 AM
It's too bad that new cluster is amazing, wish I had it earlier in game. But now I know where my next ten levels are going. Great nodes, satisfies my need for more crit damage and life all in one powerful spot.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info