[1.2.0] Ice Pierce Crit Ranger

Hi guys I'm lvl29 now and I'm planning my build to be like this:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAAdEEfgW1FfAZ1RrbI_YkaiT9MHwx-jMMOdQ6WD7PSn1RR1b6WkhnoG_ydEF293fUd9d9dX8rhs6HGYd2jX2Nv6CfoSKhpKJAp9Sqf6q4r-uxMLg3u-O95sSiyqnTftUA3BXh2-dU7g7v8PT4-Vb5Y_zF_iv-uv7I_94=

Any comments? I'm currently using split arrow to clear mobs since the mana cost of Ice Shot is really high at my level. :(
Last edited by pxf31 on Nov 21, 2013, 12:37:05 PM
"
pxf31 wrote:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAAdEEfgW1FfAZ1RrbI_YkaiT9MHwx-jMMOdQ6WD7PSn1RR1b6WkhnoG_ydEF293fUd9d9dX8rhs6HGYd2jX2Nv6CfoSKhpKJAp9Sqf6q4r-uxMLg3u-O95sSiyqnTftUA3BXh2-dU7g7v8PT4-Vb5Y_zF_iv-uv7I_94=

Any comments? I'm currently using split arrow to clear mobs since the mana cost of Ice Shot is really high at my level. :(

There's a couple nodes taken that aren't needed for pathing, but it is a good start, I would especially pick up ondar's guile. And maybe save some of the crit multiplier for later in the game.

I also used split arrow early on, and it is a great skill, and it is nice and cheap and easily sustainable with a low level clarity or mana leech. I had fork attached to mine.
"
SEOINAGE wrote:
"
pxf31 wrote:

There's a couple nodes taken that aren't needed for pathing, but it is a good start, I would especially pick up ondar's guile. And maybe save some of the crit multiplier for later in the game.

I also used split arrow early on, and it is a great skill, and it is nice and cheap and easily sustainable with a low level clarity or mana leech. I had fork attached to mine.

Thanks for the quick reply! I'm considering taking Iron Reflexes in the future; is it overrated? I'm just worried about my ranger's survivability at higher levels like Cruel or Merciless.
Hey! I started off following this build and so far I am having a blast.
I began to use LMP'd Ice Shot after leveling with RoA, but I find Lightning Arrow interesting aswell.

Seeing you mentioned you also switched from LA to IS and back again some times, how important is Static Blows for a LA build? Is it needed at all or can I be effective with LA with the exact same build aswell?

Also, how much do you "focus" on getting accuracy? Since you don't have Resolute Technique?
Thinking about it.. this will be my first char ever without it, lol. I either played chars that didn't care (trappers, summoners) or I played non-crit builds.
Last edited by Arachnan on Nov 22, 2013, 3:48:20 AM
"
Arachnan wrote:
Hey! I started off following this build and so far I am having a blast.
I began to use LMP'd Ice Shot after leveling with RoA, but I find Lightning Arrow interesting aswell.

Seeing you mentioned you also switched from LA to IS and back again some times, how important is Static Blows for a LA build? Is it needed at all or can I be effective with LA with the exact same build aswell?

Also, how much do you "focus" on getting accuracy? Since you don't have Resolute Technique?
Thinking about it.. this will be my first char ever without it, lol. I either played chars that didn't care (trappers, summoners) or I played non-crit builds.

I'll give you some perspective from my point of view. If you have a high crit chance you will have a much higher shock chance than static blows with resolute ever would.

If you want to be able to handle reflect mobs well it is better to have lower accuracy and high evasion with ondar's guile. I have a couple accuracy nodes in my build, and there are several powerful ones you can get easily. I dropped the powerful accuracy nodes but kept the ones that are part of my pathing and are hybrid type. At lower levels I had a really high chance to hit, and now it is a bit lower, just under 90%, but even though I occasionally miss, I would rather have the safety of being able to handle reflect since I am on nemesis, and can't afford to die. But you can grab hte 20% at the start and a few more in multiple places to get you to a point where you like it. 92%+ always felt like I never missed.
"
SEOINAGE wrote:
I'll give you some perspective from my point of view. If you have a high crit chance you will have a much higher shock chance than static blows with resolute ever would.

If you want to be able to handle reflect mobs well it is better to have lower accuracy and high evasion with ondar's guile. I have a couple accuracy nodes in my build, and there are several powerful ones you can get easily. I dropped the powerful accuracy nodes but kept the ones that are part of my pathing and are hybrid type. At lower levels I had a really high chance to hit, and now it is a bit lower, just under 90%, but even though I occasionally miss, I would rather have the safety of being able to handle reflect since I am on nemesis, and can't afford to die. But you can grab hte 20% at the start and a few more in multiple places to get you to a point where you like it. 92%+ always felt like I never missed.

Thanks! Really helpfull info :) I indeed have the 20% at the start and I have direct acces to 2 8% and one 20% node if need be. Also I am on my way to Ondar's Guile now, just picked up Acrobatics.
"
personally I would like higher dps

5 link WED, obviously

and to add on to SEOINAGE's essentially spot-on answers
"
how important is Static Blows for a LA build? Is it needed at all or can I be effective with LA with the exact same build aswell?

Crit will give you better shock rate than static blows ever will. And I have...oh, 40% accuracy from tree? Maybe more? Didn't count. And a bunch of flat acc on the helm too, and of course dex gives like 0.5 acc per point. Reflect is an issue (non-acrobatics) but rarely any problem with actually hitting the mob.

Also, I put up something new, right at the top of the first post. =D
How to make a build: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/510084
Current guides: N/A
kinda new in POE,and admittedly a noob haha,can this be done thru a shadow?? if yes can someone help post the passive tree?,if not its fine i'll be doing a ranger,i don't like heroines haha :) Thanks in advance GL!
5l for this build:

ice shot + blood magic + life gain on hit + LMP

what will add more damage in the long run? weapon elemental damage or cold penetration? both boost the damage very good, but which is preferable?
@koborikikiam
"
can this be done thru a shadow?? if yes can someone help post the passive tree?

there you go, build as normal from there out

@Vitacia
"
what will add more damage in the long run? weapon elemental damage or cold penetration? both boost the damage very good, but which is preferable?

I have always favoured WED, personally, but in the end I will say go with the one which feels better to you. (That might be cold pen, pretty sure it has an effect of leveling out damage as opposed to WED which definitely magnifies damage spikes.)
How to make a build: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/510084
Current guides: N/A

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info