[1.1] Davos Seaworth's Elemental Split Arrow Build - Solo every map with ease!

well it´s even better than what I asked for... my bad.
Hey Davos, I just hit A1 Merc and I'm looking to start farming the Ledge.

would you minding giving my gear a quick look and letting me know where my weak points are / what I should prioritize as far as upgrades go?

BTW stats are
~2200 life (before Reserved)
~43% Physical Reduction
~75% Fire Reduction
~50% Cold
~50% Light
~220 listed DPS for Split Arrow
~377 listed DPS for Frenzy

Last edited by alexvsevil on Jul 13, 2013, 3:31:21 AM
I am using this build with a ranger = less live more damage. It's a good build for selffound chars. Best archer i've had so far.

with this bow i can do 66,67,68 maps with any mods. I have only 2.6k life after reservation. Frenzy is at 5.4k and SplitArrow 1.7k buffed.

I went straight for static blow and after that into the templar tree, leveling was a breeze.
What about wake of destruction unique boots? are they worth sacrificing move speed hp and resists?

Since they give 1-120 lightning damage and 16hp gain on kill.
IGN MaleMan.
Drop me a private message if i won any of your auctions.
what skill should i use for leveling with duelist, or should i begin with split arrow from start?
"
"
infinityi wrote:
Thought I'd post and let you know that I've been trying this build, I'm at L72 just now. Which do you consider better to have 6 linked? I have a 6 link bow:

However I can't afford a 6L chest just now, or at least not a decent one. I choose to link frenzy as I felt my single target DPS was holding my kill-speed back, however I wanted to know which you'd six link.

Great guide and really easy to use build. I find it really fun to play and extremely effective.

That's a nice bow! The damage is a little low, but it has good attack speed and it's 6L. I'm glad you like the build and that it's working well for you :) I like it too. I'm not sure what you mean by your question though. Are you asking if it's more important to 6-link Frenzy or Split Arrow?

If that's what you mean, I think it really just depends. Personally, I'd go with Split Arrow. In level 76-77 maps, enemies have a ton of life. If a lvl 77 map has an Enfeeble or Elemental Equilibrium mod (which actually lowers your dps by more than Enfeeble) then you're really going to struggle to kill mobs in a timely manner. I'm usually fine if these mods aren't present on a lvl 77 map, but if they are, the killing is pretty slow. No doubt I need a new bow though; one that is 6L and has attack speed. I've been saving my currency and could probably buy the best thicket bow in standard league by now, but in all other maps I kill things so fast already that it's not a big deal to me.

Still, if I was to get a 6L right now, I'd probably use it for Split Arrow. I find that my single target dps is already more than sufficient for just about everything aside from the bosses for the two lvl 77 maps, which admittedly take a while to kill. And since you don't have 20% quality on your Frenzy, you'll need all the help you can get. Having quality on Frenzy provides a ridiculous boost to your dps. Each percent of quality gives 0.35% attack speed per Frenzy charge, which is 1.4% attack speed per quality point if you have 4 frenzy charges. 1.4 x 20 = 28% attack speed. That's almost 3 times as much as any other gem gets for its quality bonus (Split Arrow's quality bonus is only 10% attack speed at max quality).

It's hard to say which would benefit you more, just go with your gut I suppose. If your single target dps is lacking in comparison to your AOE, use Frenzy for your 6L.

Thanks for replying :). I really do need to get quality on LGOH and Frenzy. As for the bow, I'm pretty much stuck with it, there's no better for sale on Anarchy just now. That was indeed what I was asking on the links. I'll probably switch the 6L to split arrow in the higher level maps. Just now the only time that it tends to take a while are the mobs with resist elemental plus regenerates life.
IGN: Adrastos (Betrayal)

Shaper/Uber Service:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2289614
"
emitasx wrote:
What about wake of destruction unique boots? are they worth sacrificing move speed hp and resists?

Since they give 1-120 lightning damage and 16hp gain on kill.

In my opinion it's not worth it. You have to sacrifice a lot for that 120 lightning damage. 25-30% movement speed is a lot. There's also life, and you'll need to make up for the resists somewhere else on your gear. The armor rating is also low. Still, 120 lightning damage is quite a bit, so if you think you can survive with these boots then go for it. I wouldn't recommend it at all for hardcore though.
IGN: EmpathicAmoeba
"
APCY wrote:
what skill should i use for leveling with duelist, or should i begin with split arrow from start?

Split isn't that great starting out. I'd recommend waiting until lvl 40-50 to use it as your main AOE. Until then, poison, ice, or lightning arrow are all good. Rain of Arrows as well.
Updated passive tree for 11.2. Skill point progression still needs to be revised, I'll try to get that done later today.
^^^ <3 this build but yeah heard a lot of people in game complaining about IR and that it was useless....was that just whining? or for rangers haha

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info