[1.1] Davos Seaworth's Elemental Split Arrow Build - Solo every map with ease!

how well does this build do in hardcore?
Hi could you add some screenshots of your dps? Tooltip DPS of your split arrow/frenzy would be nice, im just curious overall about dps and manacost etc. Cuz i don't believe u have amazing surivability + amazing dps. That is cheat text imo ^^. You dont even have any % auras. ^^

And who run solo 77lvl maps? Thats a such a waste of exp/drop/currency! Nvm,

Did you think about lioneye vs tri ele bow? Thicket bows can have nice extra light dmg so u will be able to shock stacking magic/rare mobs easier but.... idk if it's still enough in full parties or high lvl mobs. I saw a lot of ppl respeced out of this

-With lioneye you can respec out from RT and use added fire damage gem, it scales amazing especially with split arrow (it has nice physical dps increase + lioneye has high physical dps). That would be much better to get higher ele dmg.

+ Also with lioneye you could take 18% increased physical damage, which imo is nice with lioneye bow + split arrow, it will convert more ele dmg.

Btw. I checked your passive tree again and... you will really need super gear to fill up your resists with only one +12% to all resists. I am almost capped on my Duelist with Purity + Inner Force + 1x 12% to all resists. But yea it all depends on gear.
-Inner force with only 3 auras? Don't!
Better get these points to enter maura tree for more resists, crit reduction, hp regen + hp. It will be much tankier.
Last edited by Sebash6 on Jun 29, 2013, 4:02:13 PM
"
Grayer wrote:

It should be just as good as any other build for hardcore, barring dual totem of course.
IGN: EmpathicAmoeba
"
Sebash6 wrote:
Hi could you add some screenshots of your dps? Tooltip DPS of your split arrow/frenzy would be nice, im just curious overall about dps and manacost etc. Cuz i don't believe u have amazing surivability + amazing dps. That is cheat text imo ^^.

All of my offensive and defensive stats are listed right there in the original post. My life cost for Split Arrow is 111 and Frenzy is 68.

"
You dont even have any % auras. ^^

You can't use % auras with the Blood Magic passive. Haste isn't that big a dps increase and Hatred wouldn't be a dps increase at all. The only two that would be worth using are Determination and Purity, but I get by just fine without them. I can't justify sacrificing a gem socket to use two more auras that won't give me any extra dps.

"
And who run solo 77lvl maps? Thats a such a waste of exp/drop/currency! Nvm,

I do. I'm sorry that you have a problem with it, but I think I'll continue to do so despite your disapproval.

"
Did you think about lioneye vs tri ele bow?

As it happens, I own a Lioneye's Glare. I lose approximately 25% when equipping it over my current bow

"
-With lioneye you can respec out from RT and use added fire damage gem, it scales amazing especially with split arrow (it has nice physical dps increase + lioneye has high physical dps). That would be much better to get higher ele dmg.

RT costs me exactly one point, so it's not a big deal. As for Added Fire, that would require a 6L. And it still wouldn't come close to making up for the elemental damage lost from my current bow.

"
Btw. I checked your passive tree again and... you will really need super gear to fill up your resists with only one +12% to all resists. I am almost capped on my Duelist with Purity + Inner Force + 1x 12% to all resists..

I wouldn't call my gear "super". With the exception of my weapon and chestpiece, I bought every piece of gear that I'm using for 2 gcp or less, and the chest was only 8 gcp. I have no more than two resistances on any piece of gear, and several pieces only have one resist. I'm 40% over the cold resist cap and about 20% over lightning resist to help with elemental weakness.

"
-Inner force with only 3 auras? Don't!

Thanks for sharing your opinion, but I think I'll disagree if you don't mind. Inner force adds 242 evasion rating to Grace, which adds up to be quite a decent amount after it is modified by your dexterity and evasion nodes. For me it adds approximately 500 armor rating. Furthermore, Inner Force is the single largest dps increase I can get for the amount of passive points I spend on it (excluding nodes I already have, of course, but you seem like the type of person who would think I'm including those).

I have tested out the only other real dps increase option, which would be taking the rest of the elemental damage passives in the Templar tree. Taking those nodes only gave me roughly 60% of the dps Inner Force gave me using max level Anger and Wrath auras. It also requires 6 points to get those nodes in the Templar tree, while Inner force only requires 4 points.

"
Better get these points to enter maura tree for more resists, crit reduction, hp regen + hp. It will be much tankier.

Going through the marauder tree would cost 13 points (16 if you take the 3 armor nodes), while I only spend 4 points on Inner Force. Where are the other 9 points going to come from? I feel that the marauder tree is overrated in any case. Starting from Elemental Adaption, it takes 16 points to get what people go there to get. And for those 16 points, I would get +12% resists, +30% life, +1.9% life regen, -30% critical strike damage taken, +45 life, 2% movement speed and 43% increased armor.

+12% resists - Don't need them
+30% life - For the amount of points you need to spend, 30% is not a very large number. I would have to drop more than 30% worth of life nodes to be able to go through the Marauder tree in the first place, which sort of defeats the purpose.
+1.9% life regen - Don't need it. 1.5% is plenty. There is a reason I don't have the 1% life regen node in the Templar tree. With Split Arrow + Chain + Life Gain on Hit, one shot gives me up to 972 life, and I attack almost 4 times per second, which means if I'm at 1% life, I can be back up to 100% in barely over a second.
-30% critical strike damage taken - This is the only reason I've even considered going into the Marauder tree. It would be nice, but it's not necessary by any means.
+45 life - Again, not enough to justify the points spent.
+2% movement speed - I already 28% faster than the base movement speed; any faster and I might get dizzy.
43% increased armor - If you need armor that bad, you can get +50% for 3 points right above Unwavering Stance.
Ok :)

`And didn't notice the stats, 3k dps which is 6k with chain its pretty low for me, or idk its even only 3k cuz u said w/chain.
Spoiler
I want to make split arrow build but 3k dps which will be maybe 8k dps with 6l and 20lvl gems isn't that high for me. I want to make something similar to my build with high dps and aiming for atleast 15k+ dps with crits and high arm/hp to avoid reflects. So crit high physical/hybrid split arrow, this should be what i need. Especially after latest patch cuz u don't really need inner force that much, it's still good but not that like pre patch, and same thing about Ele adaptation.

Thanks anyway and gl with ur build.
Last edited by Sebash6 on Jun 29, 2013, 5:38:13 PM
"
"
Grayer wrote:

It should be just as good as any other build for hardcore, barring dual totem of course.

I'm giving it a shot! Level 20 and cruising atm :)
"
Sebash6 wrote:
Ok :)

`And didn't notice the stats, 3k dps which is 6k with chain its pretty low for me, or idk its even only 3k cuz u said w/chain.
Spoiler
I want to make split arrow build but 3k dps which will be maybe 8k dps with 6l and 20lvl gems isn't that high for me. I want to make something similar to my build with high dps and aiming for atleast 15k+ dps with crits and high arm/hp to avoid reflects. So crit high physical/hybrid split arrow, this should be what i need. Especially after latest patch cuz u don't really need inner force that much, it's still good but not that like pre patch, and same thing about Ele adaptation.

Thanks anyway and gl with ur build.

Well here's the thing about Split Arrow dps with Chain. Split Arrow fires 6 projectiles, so if every projectile hits (which it often does in large packs), that is 18k dps. Then multiply by 3 due to Chain, and it comes out to 54k dps. I'm sure your Cleave does a good amount of damage, but I've used Cleave with practically as much AOE radius as you can possibly get, and it's not capable of hitting every mob in a large pack. With Split Arrow + Chain it doesn't matter how spaced out the mobs are. Chain has a very long distance, and the large number of projectiles you get with Split Arrow make it so that you can hit many different spots across your screen with a single shot, if you space our arrows out properly.

If I had a better PC I'd record a gameplay video to show how faceroll it is, especially since patch 0.11.0. If I throw up Elemental Weakness, I can take out a pack of blue rock golems in a lvl 77 map in less than 3-4 seconds, as long as they don't have the elemental resistance mod, as that can make it harder to stack shock.
"

Well here's the thing about Split Arrow dps with Chain. Split Arrow fires 6 projectiles, so if every projectile hits (which it often does in large packs), that is 18k dps. Then multiply by 3 due to Chain, and it comes out to 54k dps. I'm sure your Cleave does a good amount of damage, but I've used Cleave with practically as much AOE radius as you can possibly get, and it's not capable of hitting every mob in a large pack. With Split Arrow + Chain it doesn't matter how spaced out the mobs are. Chain has a very long distance, and the large number of projectiles you get with Split Arrow make it so that you can hit many different spots across your screen with a single shot, if you space our arrows out properly.

If I had a better PC I'd record a gameplay video to show how faceroll it is, especially since patch 0.11.0. If I throw up Elemental Weakness, I can take out a pack of blue rock golems in a lvl 77 map in less than 3-4 seconds, as long as they don't have the elemental resistance mod, as that can make it harder to stack shock.

Damn im not pro with ranger class yet but... is this really true that DPS of split arrow/lighting/burning arrow etc is based only on 1 projectile? If u hit 6 projectiles, ur dps is really 18k ? Could u give me any source to confirm this? And Is this only for split arrow?

And about split arrow i found some guy who use split arrow and he said he didnt max it past 16lvl so he could use it for single attack because he said he can have middle arrow. Idk its worth.

Btw, about recording videos. I was same like you, i thought its not possible to make a video with my shitty laptop. I was wrong, its easy, even with trash PC. I used Bandicam, easy recorded POE video with 30 fps which was almost like 60. You should try it :p
Last edited by Sebash6 on Jun 30, 2013, 5:23:35 PM
"
Sebash6 wrote:
"

Damn im not pro with ranger class yet but... is this really true that DPS of split arrow/lighting/burning arrow etc is based only on 1 projectile? If u hit 6 projectiles, ur dps is really 18k ? Could u give me any source to confirm this? And Is this only for split arrow?

And about split arrow i found some guy who use split arrow and he said he didnt max it past 16lvl so he could use it for single attack because he said he can have middle arrow. Idk its worth.

Btw, about recording videos. I was same like you, i thought its not possible to make a video with my shitty laptop. I was wrong, its easy, even with trash PC. I used Bandicam, easy recorded POE video with 30 fps which was almost like 60. You should try it :p

I don't have a source to confirm it, but I'm 100% positive that for multiple projectile attacks, the tooltip dps is based on a single projectile. The reason I know this is that when I level up Split Arrow to a level which gives it +1 projectile, the tooltip dps doesn't go down. In addition, I used to have an alternate Split Arrow that I linked with IIQ/IIR, and it had about half the tooltip dps of my Frenzy. And when using it against a boss, when switching from Frenzy to that version of Split Arrow, only one projectile was hitting and it did seem to be doing about half the dps of Frenzy.

Split Arrow is the only skill in the game that fires multiple projectiles without LMP or GMP, but let's look at LA for instance. If you link LMP with LA, the tooltip dps goes down by 30% due to LMP's "30% less projectile damage". And that tooltip dps for LA + LMP is per projectile, same as Split Arrow. So if your tooltip dps with Split Arrow + Chain is 3k, as long as all 6 projectiles hit and chain, it's theoretically doing 54k.

And thanks for the suggestion, I may give recording a try, though anyone who watches it will probably ask if I recorded on a toaster hehe.
Last edited by DavosTheOnionKnight on Jun 30, 2013, 9:49:14 PM
"
Sebash6 wrote:

+ Also with lioneye you could take 18% increased physical damage, which imo is nice with lioneye bow + split arrow, it will convert more ele dmg.

And what about the 95% people who DON'T own a Lioneyes? Play Sporkers?

God I hate people that assume everyone owns, or can afford, that damn bow!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info