[1.0.6] CI Crit Dagger Shadow (30k DPS Flicker Ninja) [OB video up!]

"
Invalesco wrote:
Poutsos and MortalKombat3

To each his own really. I'm glad you guys like the concept of a CI crit dagger shadow, but it really is very tough to try and compare priorities between standard and HC.

I'm just giving a frank opinion as a HC player.

There are many ways to die, and Vaal Pact isn't the be-all of end all.

Yes, I would always have recommended it in the past when it was at the center of the tree and within easy reach - however, it's been moved and no longer within easy access.

There are reasons for not going vaal pact in HC
1. Higher ES = higher survivability, same reason HC builds stack life
2. It's not that easy to take a plunge and go all the way to the bottom of the tree and suffer for a number of levels without any substantial improvement in your character in HC - especially when you will struggle for those few levels.

Even with VP, I would never dare to facetank physical reflect mobs in maps. I would still kite them all the same - so it makes no difference to my playstyle. However, at least with a higher maximum ES I would have a larger damage buffer and will have a smaller chance of dying to other causes.

Standard and HC are different - different playstyles with different priorities. I was once a standard player so I know where you guys are coming from, but it really is difficult for a standard player to see this from a HC player's point of view where the playstyle priority is to stay alive > everything else and to avoid taking damage and just kiting effectively where possible instead of facetanking every mob.

At the end of the day - just go with whatever you feel you're most comfortable with and with what your playstyle requires - as what I stated in my original post. However, please do not assume that only your playstyle and opinion and yours alone is correct, and everyone else is wrong, and put them down, because that is not the point of this thread.

Thanks.

If playing hardcore is really what you described (you fear to facetank reflect mobs even with Vaal Pact), then take my condolesces. Hardcore is in fact bore-core, because all you do is boring farm things that are ABSOLUTELY not challenging, kiting every above-average mob, and running away from tough ones like a chicken. GGG may have called it "Harcore", but it isnt, in fact. If surivival >> everything for you, then, like i said, forget every build except Aegis Aurora.
I wont argue more on that point.

I also want to quote Maradeur's speech:
"Death is my brother. I do not fear him."
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Last edited by MortalKombat3 on Dec 24, 2013, 6:31:42 AM
"
Necrogue wrote:
Here is a video doing a lvl69 Catacomb map. I take a little damage at first because my cold resist is not max but after that I hardly take a scratch. Sorry about the video quality, the flicker kills the capture program and the glitchy video caused vimeo to make the audio out of sync. Oh well at least they don't badger you to use your real name.

https://vimeo.com/81689098

Tree I was using:

Grabbing Alacrity next.

For my chest I was linking

and

No double strike because Reave does more damage than a 4 linked double strike. Multi and flicker can be a dangerous combo because of the desync but it's not bad if you have a /oos macro ready.

For the people using Maligaros, I would only use that if I had at least 6.5k es with it. If not you are better off with es gloves.

I'll go as far as saying Eye of Chayula or Unwavering is an absolute must for CI even if you are a dual totem user. No cast on stun skill is going to save you from something like this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=N__e1GQlXOg#t=87

Also with CI Crit dagger shadow, having Vaal Pact with high damage output, stun imunity and a large ES pool makes you pretty tanky. CI crit dagger shadow is probably one of the best CI builds right now.

So for yours your single target damage comes from reave against bosses and stuff? Also, if you're at a 5link or 4link, would you still recommend going yours over LS? Because I'm feeling like like LS is getting a bit weak and Reave might turn out better. Idk.
which aura are u using now? Clarity, Discipline and Wrath ?
IGN: DrSlump / DrArale
My shop: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2125286
Hey guys, I've been running into a dilemma with this build. I really like the CI dagger with Lightning Strike because of the range and playstyle, but I've been finding that Reave's DPS knocks lightning strike out of the water. Is it even efficient to go Lightning Strike when Reave does so much more damage?

(with Hatred running, and I only have 4links at the moment.)

Reave
Right now I'm getting 8.5k of DPS with these gems:

Lightning Strike
And I'm getting 6.8k of DPS with these:

I don't think the Multistrike works with the LS projectiles, but just for comparison's sake since this would theoretically boost the DPS higher (since it shows the melee damage on the tooltip) than Power Charge on Crit would. So, in actuality my LS DPS would be much lower than this even.

What do you guys think about going Reave instead of LS? Is there a way to make my LS damage comparable to the Reave's damage? I really like how LS is ranged, but Reave's efficiency is just too good to pass up atm. Also, I need to look for the colors on my 5L depending on which skill I choose, so some input would be appreciated. Thanks.

I'm using reave atm for the increased life leech, since I'm having trouble leeching enough with LS... Reave+multistrike is good for quick mob who will surround you before you can kill them, while LS lets you kite more efficiently, and it's good for slow/ranged mobs.
On the DPS part, you have to consider shock stacks with LS, you'll probably do around the same damage or more against shocked enemies.
IGN: Nanaya_Kiri
im working on leveling to transition to CI, i have about 2.2k hp now and 490 ES

i've noticed that my ES goes down WAAY fast. like some mobs will take it out with 1 or 2 hits. Is this expected post-CI respec? should I stack 4-5k ES before respec?
Last edited by imjoni on Dec 27, 2013, 12:16:14 PM
oops double post
Last edited by imjoni on Dec 27, 2013, 12:15:10 PM
The rate you're losing ES will be the same post-CI, unless you improve your other defensive stats too (armor/evasion/elemental resists). Depending on your playstyle, I'd say stack 2-3k ES before respeccing (personally I prefer 3k to be on the safe side).
IGN: Nanaya_Kiri
how did you get 18k armour from? just from flasks and auras?
how did you get 18k armour from? just from flasks and auras?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info