Updated Open Beta Date Information

Last edited by skvido on Aug 29, 2012, 7:08:48 AM
"
skvido wrote:
In June, we posted that our we estimated that we'd enter Open Beta in mid-August.

mid august ????? now is end of august and where is patch ?

What part of 'estimated' don't you understand? Besides that, developers almost never reach their estimation of release dates. As a gamer you should know that.
very much agree...take your time and release the game when its ready. Although it is curious since you're basically free to buy and play so does it matter?
Yeah, GGG uses "Valve Standard Time" :D
https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Valve_Time

"
rickpollock wrote:
Although it is curious since you're basically free to buy and play so does it matter?

Yes, since you gain the most media attention when releasing,
so the stage of development at that time is critical for the success of the game. If it had launched buggy and with only one act of content and missing some features, it would only have raised a "meh" at release, and few would've bothered to look into it again half a year later.

So by launching it when the game is quite polished already
and also delivers a decent amount of content, it will be
received as awesome as it actually is, thus gaining a lot
more traction in the market.
"
MrMalik wrote:

so the stage of development at that time is critical for the success of the game. If it had launched buggy and with only one act of content and missing some features, it would only have raised a "meh" at release, and few would've bothered to look into it again half a year later.

except if you are blizzard .Then you can release a game that is very buggy and half finished and rely on the fact that every major game reviewer will still give your game 90%+ or be fired
It is important too understand that the choices we make are most often not between good and bad but between bad and worse.
Last edited by perderabo on Aug 28, 2012, 9:29:09 PM
"
MrMalik wrote:
Yeah, GGG uses "Valve Standard Time" :D
https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Valve_Time

"
rickpollock wrote:
Although it is curious since you're basically free to buy and play so does it matter?

Very true. I hope GGG heeds that advice, but so far they are doing great in polishing the game.

Besides Pre-Purchase should earn them enough already to let them release the game any time they want. Keep up the good work. :)
j
I think GGG are doing it right by holding off on the OB release so the game is much more polished. But this closed beta has been going for over a year now. I can't help thinking that people who currently have access will move away from PoE after the character wipe, since they have already completed huge portions of the content many times.
huge portions? not really
"
Wanotiki wrote:
I think GGG are doing it right by holding off on the OB release so the game is much more polished. But this closed beta has been going for over a year now. I can't help thinking that people who currently have access will move away from PoE after the character wipe, since they have already completed huge portions of the content many times.

Given the complete absence of an entire Act (Act 3), lack of PvP, and the planned additions in the future, I doubt there is any need for concern of others moving away from PoE.

Many have slowed progress or left entirely while they await new content, but this is not the same as leaving.

And for those who have hung around and continued to play daily, once PoE is fully open to the public, they will be entering a public community with a vast experience advantage that is worth holding on to.
...narf

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info