Build of the Week Video #1

That's a pretty cool build. Pretty much makes the game into a tower defence :p.

This is actually the first video by the devs I'd seen on YouTube, I didn't realise there was an official channel. Subscribed to that straight away! The channel definitely needs more attention as the videos are great!
Watch me stream games at www.mixer.com/therealgaffer
Really great video. Loved the lightning warp totem.

For your next video, you should find someone with max +cast speed and lightning warp :P
My Keystone Ideas: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/744282
"
I love that this video has promoted so much build discussion in General Discussion. :)

I know! It's so cool!

+1 to Charan for pointing this out...
Zed's dead baby. Zed's Dead.

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/35331

^ Take a look at GGG's new youtube segment which, features submitted player characters. This is a weekly segment where I was actually featured!!!
Can you give a skill builder link for that Build or is that top secret?

also, your video makes flash "crash" around the boss fight.
Last edited by randrew on Jun 18, 2012, 10:25:26 AM
"
anubite wrote:
Really great video. Loved the lightning warp totem.

For your next video, you should find someone with max +cast speed and lightning warp :P

I can arrange this. Just have to Re-equip the char.
"
Panda413 wrote:
Cool video. I assume you can use 2 different totem support gems and have two different types of totems out at one time. That could create some very interesting combinations.

Also.. 1080p PLEASE! Or at least 720p.

Didn't work for me unless you pick up the passive that grants you 1 additional totem. I used to run a curse and a taunt totem before the patch. And you could link shockwave totem to land mine and have 5 shockwave totems.

I'm half tempted to pick up the extra totem passive as I am really close to it, but I'm tight on points atm.
I wonder how well this build will fare in PvP. I imagine that it would be great in Hardcore Cut-throat because you can lure an unsuspecting player and snipe them from afar.
"A communion...but with what? By all accounts, it wasn't God that the Vaal were trying to reach." -Icius Perandus
"
zeto wrote:

Only comment on this is that theoretically the time is negligible and occurs prior to engaging combat, therefore theoretically that time should be free-time.

I realize they deal less damage, but I'm unsure how or if that applies to debuffs. I assume that debuffs are just as good, and putting one behind you means that creatures are very unlikely to kill it prior to being tagged with the debuff.

Similarly as stated above, a raise skeleton totem placed behind you will spawn fodder, and even if they only take 1 hit to kill, those are hits not directed at you.

I just can't see a scenario where pre-casting a totem isn't strictly the best possible option. Most other skills have opportunity cost to them, but since you can pre-cast the totem and then act in parallel with it, there is no opportunity cost to it, except the cost of one cast - regen * time to engage... which for some builds might be 0.

Totems reserve mana, and TRUST ME: the time does matter. I don't know how much you've played, but you need to recast totems VERY frequently.
Are all classes able to use totems?.
"
Alzere2828 wrote:
Are all classes able to use totems?.

Yep. There are really no class limitations in PoE (that I know of, at least).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info