6000 hours of Melee Scientific Expert Tells You the Truth- Melee changes ACTUALLY 100% suck

Honestly I disagree because we don't have the numbers yet.

Build are going to be much simpler.

I think some people are overreacting in both camps.

It will probably be fine, but this isn't a huge buff that summer make it out to be.

If melee is too weak after the changes, it should be ready enough to adjust.

The old Meta builds won't work as well. But those who didn't use berserk and totems, it still be a huge dps increase.

Even those meta builds will probably still do 10 mill dps after the nerfs.
"
roundishcap wrote:

We don't? lol
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3531661/page/1#passiveskilltreechanges
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3531661#skillgemchanges

That's all the important numbers you need to know. Do some quick math and boom the mysterious changes are resolved without any second or third person opinion of content or build creator.
Flames and madness. I'm so glad I didn't miss the fun. hoho
Last edited by Pashid on Jul 21, 2024, 4:45:54 PM
"
roundishcap wrote:

Build are going to be much simpler.

I think some people are overreacting in both camps.

It will probably be fine, but this isn't a huge buff that summer make it out to be.

If melee is too weak after the changes, it should be ready enough to adjust.

The old Meta builds won't work as well. But those who didn't use berserk and totems, it still be a huge dps increase.

Even those meta builds will probably still do 10 mill dps after the nerfs.

We do have the numbers doe.

As I said multiple times already - you can still get to T17 maps and kill Uber bosses, but simply later than before.
Uploaded an awesome Exsanguinate Freeze Explosion build on the forums - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3508506
melee totems are removed cause poe moves away from kb/mouse to joystick input.

totem placement needsto be fast and precise.

joysticks can only used to point to the direction and the following autoplacement of the totem is inferior to the precise placement by mouse.

age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
vio wrote:
melee totems are removed cause poe moves away from kb/mouse to joystick input.

totem placement needsto be fast and precise.

joysticks can only used to point to the direction and the following autoplacement of the totem is inferior to the precise placement by mouse.

I think they just wanted to make melee builds more flexible with the opportunity to do different things instead of having a garenteed 4 link setup dedicated to totems on almost every build along with the also almost garenteed same passive as annoint.
The removal along with the warcry changes do in fact allow some various new things without having even more socket pressure.
Flames and madness. I'm so glad I didn't miss the fun. hoho
Meh?

I think removing the melee totems is a good thing. It provided unnecessary micromanagement to optimize your DPS. It's no different from having Scorching Ray just to make Righteous Fire builds not suck. If we lose some DPS in exchange for quality of life, then I think it's worth it.
PoE players: Our game has a wide diversity of builds.

Also PoE players: The [league mechanic] doesn't need to be nerfed, you just need to play a [current meta] build!

MFers found strength in their Afflictions. They became reliant on them. I am not so foolish.
This thread is the actual bait, not the changes.

Removing totems is a great change. No micro manage, no conditional/positional damage that 100% isn't equal to 50% of your damage if it keeps getting killed or doesn't have the range to deal the damage, which in most cases it didn't. And now all that damage is actually fully baked into your skill.

Rage is now more % and with Battle Trance, Veteran's Wrath, plus the rage on hit there you're getting 10 rage each second with 46 max rage at the incredibly staggering and unmanageable cost of 7 points. "Just" 46% more damage, 53% if you get the mastery. 50% inc attack damage and 25% inc attack speed is not even close to 46% more, but i guess math is hard.

Plus quality is now a more increase, if i recall correctly.
Ruthless should be [Removed by Support].
It's crazy how often people have complained about totems + panopticon being required to properly scale melee builds and now that this wish is fulfilled it's "omg why you nerf us" and sadly the thread doesn't go much deeper than the clickbait title.

Overall there's a lot of really good melee stuff going on. Shieldcrush is pretty high up in my list of potential starters thanks to the buffs to the skill itself, shield armour bases as well as impale changes.

The big question is how we'll compensate for physical taken as changes defence-wise, but that's every build's problem now.
The opposite of knowledge is not illiteracy, but the illusion of knowledge.
"
AdRonZh3Ro wrote:
This thread is the actual bait, not the changes.

Removing totems is a great change. No micro manage, no conditional/positional damage that 100% isn't equal to 50% of your damage if it keeps getting killed or doesn't have the range to deal the damage, which in most cases it didn't. And now all that damage is actually fully baked into your skill.

Rage is now more % and with Battle Trance, Veteran's Wrath, plus the rage on hit there you're getting 10 rage each second with 46 max rage at the incredibly staggering and unmanageable cost of 7 points. "Just" 46% more damage, 53% if you get the mastery. 50% inc attack damage and 25% inc attack speed is not even close to 46% more, but i guess math is hard.

Plus quality is now a more increase, if i recall correctly.

Its 180% inc attack damage and 90% attack speed on zerker using rite of ruin with no investment on base tree. it takes like 16 points you will want to invest to get back to 90% attack speed. assuming you're not using bears girdle, which has the cost of a belt slot.
Then there are the movement speed losses.

The pobs i had been kicking around is just more damage to not spec into rage on the tree outside of 1 wheel. Then run clusters instead.
my hot take, if you relied on totem for damage, you weren't exactly playing melee. instead playing a hybrid totem/melee build.

the interesting thing about such playstyles is that it can get much easier if you just forego melee altogether and just let your totems do all the work
[Removed by Support]

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info