6000 hours of Melee Scientific Expert Tells You the Truth- Melee changes ACTUALLY 100% suck

Bro the only one that will have hard Time admitting you made mistakes is you [Removed By Support]

Ascendancy 50% two small 6%
Versatile combattant
Cluster next to it 18%
Cluster a bit on the right 14%
65% attack block and
23% extra so 46% spell block
And then 1 or 2 block mastery depending if the mastery uses 50% for Shield or not

And then lucky block. Any block will work. 88% block spell and attack

On top of that you dont even need T1 block on your shield
Last edited by CoryA_GGG on Jul 21, 2024, 11:17:18 AM
Whats your problem with being able to block. its not mitigation, you will get 1 shot eventually. Why werent you on here complaining about pfs ability to get really high phys hit with low investment.
"
SerialF wrote:
Bro the only one that will have hard Time admitting you made mistakes is you [Removed By Support]

Ascendancy 50% two small 6%
Versatile combattant
Cluster next to it 18%
Cluster a bit on the right 14%
65% attack block and
23% extra so 46% spell block
And then 1 or 2 block mastery depending if the mastery uses 50% for Shield or not

And then lucky block. Any block will work. 88% block spell and attack

On top of that you dont even need T1 block on your shield

LOL! Just a small loan of:

• HALF the Ascendancy.
That is about 60% damage

• 10 - 14 passive points, that is about 35% damage.
An average optimized DPS node on tree is 3%.

• Only viable with a single specific pathing unless you waste another 2-5 nodes.

Almost no investment at all, only giving away about 80-100% more damage and Slayer Leech.
Uploaded an awesome Exsanguinate Freeze Explosion build on the forums - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3508506
You re supposed to comparé to an équivalent level of défense. You re talking liké this is nothing.
"
SerialF wrote:
You re supposed to comparé to an équivalent level of défense. You re talking liké this is nothing.

"
And glad can get akmost 90% spell attack block with almost no investment

Uploaded an awesome Exsanguinate Freeze Explosion build on the forums - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3508506
With 3 less sockets needed you Can easily fit. A culling Somewhere. So your ascendancy must be comparés with 10% culling. Your middle ascendancy works only on uniques. And any tanky rare that you struggle with would make you even lose your killed recently. On top of that, if take any non damage ascendancy on slayer , that s what you need to comparé thé glad block with. So your dont get your 65% and you get only half of an inferior value.
Culling would give you 12,5% and your middle ascendancy hard top tell but maybe 15%. So approx half of 48 =24%

To get this much of a defense
"
Kiss_Me_Quick wrote:
"
SerialF wrote:

"
And glad can get akmost 90% spell attack block with almost no investment

Having that much défense for that little investment IS almost nothing y

I'm just annoyed at the attack speed nerfs. Not just this league but for so many leagues in a row. They did a similar gutting to Assassin a few leauges back where he lost all of his attack speed in ascendancy.

They could give Melee +500% more damage and it still wouldn't feel "good" to play.

Thats why the most popular builds have been str,acc stacking lately. Leap slamming slow motion like the matrix will get annoying quick.

I'm optimistic, but I'm of the camp of lower damage and more attackspeed. freaking melee feels awful without attackspeed in this game regardless of damage.
Mana cost is my biggest gripe with all this melee nonsense.

Why did melee skills even need more mana cost? It's friggin melee. There are already so many handicaps to choosing it.
"
jsuslak313 wrote:
Mana cost is my biggest gripe with all this melee nonsense.

Why did melee skills even need more mana cost? It's friggin melee. There are already so many handicaps to choosing it.

It's not cause it was already pretty damn easy to cut mana cost to 0 before or down enough that a tiny bit of mana with leech was enough to spam skills all day long.
Even easier now with all the new passive skill tree nodes especially early on before you get to touch other sources of cost reduction.
Flames and madness. I'm so glad I didn't miss the fun. hoho
Last edited by Pashid on Jul 21, 2024, 4:12:23 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info