6000 hours of Melee Scientific Expert Tells You the Truth- Melee changes ACTUALLY 100% suck

So far 7 link and just a cost of 35 mana. Laughable like before the patch.
Quite amusing to see all the people's with their fear of 200 or more mana cost on melee skills and no way to sustain it. G
ame hasn't changed much about the part but sure melee still does require a lot more knowledge than casters, well reelected in this topic here with so many players being confused or wrong about melee hoho
Flames and madness. I'm so glad I didn't miss the fun. hoho
Last edited by Pashid on Jul 23, 2024, 4:10:26 PM
i see you are confused by cost per action and cost per second. quite amusing indeed

and 35 mana cost means elemental skill + inspiration. yet another mandatory, pre-picked support that will have 99% usage on ninja for relevant skills..

for non-elemental and/or non-crit skills..
there is a reason almost all good streamers went Blood Magic - Alkaizer with all but one of his trees so far. they actually can do math and know what they are facing.

the rest will join in few days, along with other aspects of rude awakening and sour taste. by the end of week 1 all the melee will die off with exception of bleed and lightning/molten/frostblades (return proj doubles the damage for no reason)
1000 hours experts balance the game
"
sidtherat wrote:
i see you are confused by cost per action and cost per second. quite amusing indeed

It's per second by the way so jokes on you lol

My suggestion is maybe you should try to actually play the game yourself or do some work in PoB and not just look at what your favorite streamer does for his individual build. It's not that hard even after the change but there's sure a lot of uproar for nothing lol
Even with the small changes it's not hard at all to sustain the cost of the skills as you just change a few passive nodes on the tree, get your usual mana leech and call it a day while you even gain more damage numbers as before. Or in some gem cases reduce it down to 0 pretty much like before.
Shocking concept giving that nothing has changed about it over the past few years hoho
Flames and madness. I'm so glad I didn't miss the fun. hoho
Last edited by Pashid on Jul 23, 2024, 4:37:09 PM
"
AdRonZh3Ro wrote:
"
Kiss_Me_Quick wrote:
That's just equivocating, as what I mean is an attack skill cast, not just APS - which in this case is 29 mana.

If your theory ought to be true, make us a clip with a 30 mana attack that has 30 mana unreserved.

The first attack is free and the other one has already a minimum of 150 leech per hit.

Easy money.

Equivocating? It's truly wonderful that your only argument left is to straw man mine.

My mana cost atm is 31 for Volcanic Fissure of Snaking, my available mana is 43. A worst scenario than any of yours. But you know what's even better? Not only i never had any issues with it using only Fuel the Fight, doesn't matter what build i pick, you will make every effort to disprove it with rhetoric and fallacies because you can't stand being proven wrong, again and again, yet again.

Demanding video proof when all you provide is mediocre screen shots. Go bait another topic, this one isn't your area of expertise.

I think you guys compare apples with peas!

You cant compare slow 2h attacking Skills Mana Cost, with fast Attacking Skills.

You will now come to a point, where the Leech/Gain on Hit is simply not enough without heavily investing into it ind gimping your damage.

And at Leaguestart it will be worse without rings.
Last edited by xX999Xx on Jul 24, 2024, 5:45:57 AM
"
xX999Xx wrote:
"
AdRonZh3Ro wrote:
"
Kiss_Me_Quick wrote:
That's just equivocating, as what I mean is an attack skill cast, not just APS - which in this case is 29 mana.

If your theory ought to be true, make us a clip with a 30 mana attack that has 30 mana unreserved.

The first attack is free and the other one has already a minimum of 150 leech per hit.

Easy money.

Equivocating? It's truly wonderful that your only argument left is to straw man mine.

My mana cost atm is 31 for Volcanic Fissure of Snaking, my available mana is 43. A worst scenario than any of yours. But you know what's even better? Not only i never had any issues with it using only Fuel the Fight, doesn't matter what build i pick, you will make every effort to disprove it with rhetoric and fallacies because you can't stand being proven wrong, again and again, yet again.

Demanding video proof when all you provide is mediocre screen shots. Go bait another topic, this one isn't your area of expertise.

I think you guys compare apples with peas!

You cant compare slow 2h attacking Skills Mana Cost, with fast Attacking Skills.

You will now come to a point, where the Leech/Gain on Hit is simply not enough without heavily investing into it ind gimping your damage.

And at Leaguestart it will be worse without rings.

Now that we have all the cost requirements up to date, go ahead and link a pob of a melee build having power issues, heavily investing into leech gimping your damage.

"Just goes to show your complete lack of knowledge on the matter. If you had any actual experience with melee" -Melee "Expert"
- I like the changes in 3.25.
- I've never liked offensive totems as a mechanic. Spell Totem ruins selfcast as a mechanic.
- I really want to play a real non ranged melee build this league.

I've seen a lot of numbers thrown around, specifically "5m mElEE dPs IS eNouGH foR EnDGamE UBers". My question, how do you plan on hitting bosses consistently per second to get that 5m DPS? it's impossible with current state of game and this patch. You can't facetank bosses.

So that 5m DPS becomes 200K DPS - because you're running from one-shots and chasing teleporting bosses 95% of the time. Also think POB math sets the best possible conditions - you will not have max rage, you will not have max trauma, you will not have on-hit effect buffs up 100% of the time, leech is unreliable when you have to run around not hitting for 40 seconds to get a hit in.

3x-4x-10x melee damage doesn't solve the boss design and lacking melee defense problem. I think skip melee build this league.
Last edited by AmpegV4 on Jul 25, 2024, 5:38:06 AM
"
AmpegV4 wrote:
- I like the changes in 3.25.
- I've never liked offensive totems as a mechanic. Spell Totem ruins Spells as a mechanic.
- I really want to play a real non ranged melee build this league.

I've seen a lot of numbers thrown around, specifically "5m mElEE dPs IS eNouGH foR EnDGamE UBers". My question, how do you plan on hitting bosses consistently per second to get that 5m DPS? it's impossible with current state of game and this patch. You can't facetank bosses.

So that 5m DPS becomes 200K DPS - because you're running from one-shots and chasing teleporting bosses 95% of the time. Also think POB math sets the best possible conditions - you will not have max rage, you will not have max trauma, you will not have on-hit effect buffs up 100% of the time, leech is unreliable when you have to run around not hitting for 40 seconds to get a hit in.

3x-4x-10x melee damage doesn't solve the boss design and lacking melee defense problem. I think skip melee build this league.

Pffft

Uhhh the bottom part of the tree is able to tank shaper slam on several builds coming out so idk what you are talking about.

The entire southern hemisphere of the tree is the most tankiest part of the tree now and its not even close.

5m dps sounds like you are looking at unfinished builds. 10-15 is being seen almost unanimously across the upcoming builds with some investment. Not even min/max.

"Just goes to show your complete lack of knowledge on the matter. If you had any actual experience with melee" -Melee "Expert"
Just watching this guys breakdown (old patch sure) and if anything I see removal of totems makes this worse. That's a 90% reduction of his POB damage because he's forced to run around like a goose with his tanky bottom part of the tree build - and yep he dies several times no suprise.

- banners useless, you can't stay in their sphere of influence for bosses.
- rage worse now it degens 5x faster and requires tons of passive investment which means less defensive investment.
- no totems for sustained dmg while running around like goose.
- he spends most his time dealing 0 dps just running around the screen.

https://youtu.be/3e_EkeaRGiM
Last edited by AmpegV4 on Jul 25, 2024, 5:51:07 AM
Links a video from 2022 lmao the bait posts.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info