Heretical Flare have absurdly high damage over time!

"
roundishcap wrote:
+1

this thread is another example of players rushing to defend mechanics and being really aggressive for little reason. Can we really defend the damage that dot effects do in poe? I think not.

Honestly if the game toned down degens that would be nice. Especially since their is little info in game about what anything really does until it kills you. The debuff tooltips are generally well written with a lot of really bad exceptions.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions, but too often people rush in with unwanted and frankly unhelpful advice.

Physical degens not being resisted by armor feels weird to me, it should, just like how ignites and poisons are resisted by resistance. Especially since like the only source of damage reduction to over time effects is a mastery or by shadow. Physical damage from monsters shouldn't need like 3 types of conversion to safely be around. Maybe they could add more resistance to damage over time effects on veiled modifiers or something or on less popular passive wheels, anything at this point. I don't like building an armor character and slapping on a cloak of flames just because it actually helps mitigate physical degen.

We get it, you made it clear on multiple occasions that you don’t like PoE as it is nor the challenge, but removing any threats from the game will not make it better, just more boring. It is as simple as moving away - players shouldn’t be immune to everything and unkillable. PoE should be a challenging game, not next diablo.
Biggest compliments for my crafted items - "bs, they must have been RMT'ed"

I'm disabled, I have rare case of semperduravera, so I can write things that may look rude, but it is because of disability - I'm forced to tell truth using words you may not like.
"

lmao YOUR DEFENSE IS TO MOVE
FROM
IT

Maybe there should be other options then outgearing the degen entirely, converting nearly all physical damage, or being a precog on boss abilities. Not everyone has every little thing memorized. The games visuals are bad enough anyway. Also bosses that get more area of effect might not be able to be dodged at all.

Telling people the equivalent of git gud does no good really.
"
roundishcap wrote:
"

FROM
IT

Maybe there should be other options then outgearing the degen entirely, converting nearly all physical damage, or being a precog on boss abilities. Not everyone has every little thing memorized. The games visuals are bad enough anyway. Also bosses that get more area of effect might not be able to be dodged at all.

What? HOW IS MOVING FROM IT SAYING GIT GUD

LMAO

MOVE FROM IT.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
roundishcap wrote:
"

FROM
IT

There are other options - to move away from it. Can you explain what visual issues are with this skill?
Biggest compliments for my crafted items - "bs, they must have been RMT'ed"

I'm disabled, I have rare case of semperduravera, so I can write things that may look rude, but it is because of disability - I'm forced to tell truth using words you may not like.
"
Nomancs wrote:

There are other options - to move away from it. Can you explain what visual issues are with this skill?

"
FallFoxed wrote:

I want to add a little explanation.
The main problem is that mistake in the map tier 16 boss, was more expensive, than mistake on some ubers. That is not normal.
"
roundishcap wrote:
Maybe there should be other options then outgearing the degen entirely

there is... it's called "using your mouse"

don't want to take physical damage over time? don't physically stand in the beam

I added context to the thread because false claims were made about the mechanic. OP said that there is no way to reduce the damage taken from the mechanic, which is factually untrue and any half-decent player who cares about defences takes steps to mitigate part of physical damage over time.

Ask any HC player why they use the Ralakesh pantheon. Stacking Endurance charges is so popular because it's an easy way to deal with physical damage. You can make any build resilient to physical damage over time. Hell, even otherwise squishy Elementalists can slap on a Cloak of Fire (because, unlike Lightning Coil it doesn't only work against hit damage).

You also don't have to "entirely outgear the degen" either, just mitigate it enough to give you time to react and move out of the degen.

Threads like this only exist because players don't know all the tools given to them to deal with certain problems, and my response was aimed at providing more information. And I stand by my conclusion, which is that the degen is fine.

While we're talking about that specific boss: if anything, the cleave attack by that boss is far scarier than the beams are. If you rip to that beam, it's no one's fault but your own.
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/artcrusader
Last edited by ArtCrusade on Apr 27, 2024, 8:22:27 PM
'' I should be able to stand into boss AOE without consequence ''
Why am I still here
It's always interesting to see contrast opinions in character build defenses.

In another topic I mentioned Wind Ward + Arctic Armor being the highest point value defense in the game. Someone told me they were impractical or something. Yet I recall standing in this boss' beam with 71% Less DoT damage taken on Storm Arrow + Storm Arrow Balista Deadeye.

I face tanked a lot of stuff on that build. The LoH rate was crazy.

I remember when the Armor/Evasion changes came I kept posting it was a nerf because they removed a lot of flat DR methods, Dodge and halved Block but everyone was so happy.
"Never trust floating women." -Officer Kirac
"
FallFoxed wrote:

As I said, it's enough to stay in the beam for 0.1 sec to get really huge damage by debuff and maybe that boss have easy patterns, when u fight with him in Defiled Cathedral Map. But when Maven spawn him by Destructive play node, or in the maven invitations that boss can spawn beams right on your character or too near with him when u fighting with other target, there is really many situations, when this beams spawn unpredictably and dodje them are really hard.
So your sarcasm is completely unnecessary here.

You're right.

It can't be done.

No one can do it.
I'm going to agree that the DOT is scaled too high. I encounterd this in Jungle Valley on some random mob added by one of the 3.24 mechanics and, moving out of it immediately, it still killed my character with 7K ES and about 17% physical damage reduction (to 85% fire resistance). For a boss fight or known encounter, this is fine. For a random spawn on top of you, maybe not so much ;)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info