Heretical Flare have absurdly high damage over time!

Defiled Cathedral Map boss spawn beams, that beams apply Heretical Flare debuff on the playes. He often spawn that beams directly on the player and its very hard to dodje in close arenas. Considering the previously described facts Heretical Flare do really HUGE dot. I do not know exactly how many, but when i just go thrue this beam by whirling blades i need to use my life flask atleast twise for stay alive.
250k ehp; 5200hp; Arakaali + Ralakesh panteons.
Uber bosses don't do that much damage by dot, like this beams by Heretical Flare debuff on t16 map. I think it must be fixed.

Added after some stupid posts:
Feedback/opinion posts appreciated.

Forum maked not for advices, if you can't help yourself and you really want to give advice, you can do it in pm.

I want to add a little explanation.
The main problem is that mistake in the map tier 16 boss, was more expensive, than mistake on some ubers. That is not normal.
Last edited by FallFoxed on Apr 27, 2024, 7:46:58 PM
Last bumped on May 1, 2024, 9:28:35 PM
Also, it cause only way to reduce damage by this debuff, is "less damage over time taken". But in the game, there are very few sources of this mod. So yes, it must be fixed!
"
FallFoxed wrote:
Also, it cause only way to reduce damage by this debuff, is "less damage over time taken". But in the game, there are very few sources of this mod. So yes, it must be fixed!

This is not true. Physical damage over time is mitigated through % physical damage reduction such as

- mod on chest (up to 8%)
- mod on armour shield (up to 8%)
- endurance charges (4% each)
- enduring cry (+2% physical damage reduction per endurance charge)
- conversion (Cloak of Flames = 40% to fire, which is then resisted by at least 75%)
- generic reduced damage taken or dealt (of which there are many sources like Champion taunt, Necro Plaguebringer, Trickster Heartstopper, Saboteur Born in the Shadows etc. etc.)

Physical damage over time exists in various places in the game. E.g. the dot pools in the Synthesis boss fights are physical by nature. That's because you are not supposed to stand in them. It's area denial.

So the premise that it's impossible to build against is flawed. Plus, it's avoidable.
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/artcrusader
Last edited by ArtCrusade on Apr 27, 2024, 12:43:19 PM
"
ArtCrusade wrote:
"
FallFoxed wrote:

This is not true. Physical damage over time is mitigated through % physical damage reduction such as

- mod on chest (up to 8%)
- mod on armour shield (up to 8%)
- endurance charges (4% each)
- enduring cry (+2% physical damage reduction per endurance charge)
- conversion (Cloak of Flames = 40% to fire, which is then resisted by at least 75%)
- generic reduced damage taken or dealt (of which there are many sources like Champion taunt, Necro Plaguebringer, Trickster Heartstopper, Saboteur Born in the Shadows etc. etc.)

Physical damage over time exists in various places in the game. E.g. the dot pools in the Synthesis boss fights are physical by nature. That's because you are not supposed to stand in them. It's area denial.

So the premise that it's impossible to build against is flawed. Plus, it's avoidable.

Ok, understand, thanks for the explanation. Anyway i have 70k armour + 8% additional phys dmg reduction on chest and 4 endurance charges, Arakaali + Ralakesh panteon, and ofc i think what i getting too much damage by Heretical Flare debuff with all this defence stuff.
Last edited by FallFoxed on Apr 27, 2024, 1:13:12 PM
Yea I gotta tell you if you are standing in the red beams, which are easily avoidable, and expect the game to just allow it, you are essentially saying you are refusing to do mechanics and its the games fault for you dying.

For reference on his beams by the way:

Think the big thing is armour having no effect for this mechanic.
Bump your post as many times as you want. Its not like the Devs are changing anything your way anyways.

Generic I'm quitting/uninstalling post. Comes back to the game and none of the things they whined about changed their way. Only to whine about even more things.
"
Chickenwink wrote:
Yea I gotta tell you if you are standing in the red beams, which are easily avoidable, and expect the game to just allow it, you are essentially saying you are refusing to do mechanics and its the games fault for you dying.

For reference on his beams by the way:

Think the big thing is armour having no effect for this mechanic.

As I said, it's enough to stay in the beam for 0.1 sec to get really huge damage by debuff and maybe that boss have easy patterns, when u fight with him in Defiled Cathedral Map. But when Maven spawn him by Destructive play node, or in the maven invitations that boss can spawn beams right on your character or too near with him when u fighting with other target, there is really many situations, when this beams spawn unpredictably and dodje them are really hard.
So your sarcasm is completely unnecessary here.
"
FallFoxed wrote:

But when Maven spawn him by Destructive play node

So maybe dont spec into this node if you cant handle it? Seems like a quick fix for a problem you are creating yourself.

"
FallFoxed wrote:

or in the maven invitations

Maybe dont witness this boss if you cant handle him in the invitations. Seems like a quick fix for a problem you are creating yourself. You are saying hes in your invitations, so you are running the map, destructive play extra bosses don't count towards invitation.

This would be no different than avoiding the goddess in your invitations. Or avoiding Burtok, crimson temple boss, bramble valley bosses, crater (especially minion players), mineral pools boss... The list goes on,

You're playing hardcore so I shouldn't have to tell you what to avoid especially in invitations, you should know what to look out for and be restricted from on that mode. Especially if you are less mobile(not ranged) as well.

If you think their abilities do too much damage, and you should be able to stand in them, fine. I massively, and probably many, disagree with you but that's your opinion I guess.

I would actually like to see footage of him spawning red beams DIRECTLY on top of you in the invitations when you get a chance. I am 99% sure that isnt a thing.
Bump your post as many times as you want. Its not like the Devs are changing anything your way anyways.

Generic I'm quitting/uninstalling post. Comes back to the game and none of the things they whined about changed their way. Only to whine about even more things.
Last edited by Chickenwink on Apr 27, 2024, 4:06:42 PM
"
Chickenwink wrote:
"
FallFoxed wrote:

But when Maven spawn him by Destructive play node

So maybe dont spec into this node if you cant handle it? Seems like a quick fix for a problem you are creating yourself.

"
FallFoxed wrote:

or in the maven invitations

Maybe dont witness this boss if you cant handle him in the invitations. Seems like a quick fix for a problem you are creating yourself. You are saying hes in your invitations, so you are running the map, destructive play extra bosses don't count towards invitation.

This would be no different than avoiding the goddess in your invitations. Or avoiding Burtok, crimson temple boss, bramble valley bosses, crater (especially minion players), mineral pools boss... The list goes on,

You're playing hardcore so I shouldn't have to tell you what to avoid especially in invitations, you should know what to look out for and be restricted from on that mode. Especially if you are less mobile(not ranged) as well.

If you think their abilities do too much damage, and you should be able to stand in them, fine. I massively, and probably many, disagree with you but that's your opinion I guess.

I would actually like to see footage of him spawning red beams DIRECTLY on top of you in the invitations when you get a chance. I am 99% sure that isnt a thing.

Godess is balanced, she is don't do dot too fast and u can just run away and stop taking damage. For every action, there must be a counteraction. This a normal balance rule. I saw what i can't find other decision, than just don't fight this boss. But this is not the solution of this boss-balanse problem, so i left feedback on forum.
Your logic is: "If u wan't your character die, just dont play POE, LOL" xd
If you think that avoiding a problem is better than solving it, just keep quiet.
"
FallFoxed wrote:

Godess is balanced, she is don't do dot too fast and u can just run away and stop taking damage. For every action, there must be a counteraction. This a normal balance rule. I saw what i can't find other decision, than just don't fight this boss.

Then you failed to apply the same logic to the defiled cathedral boss.

Dont stand in the red beams. Thats the solution. If you dont want to do that, than dont witness him and dont run destructive play.

"
FallFoxed wrote:

If you think that avoiding a problem is better than solving it, just keep quiet.

Make sure we keep things civil in discussion as well, telling others off is probably not gonna win you any points with the forum mods.

You can be inconsistent with your points all you want that's your freedom though.

"
Chickenwink wrote:

Dont stand in the red beams. Thats the solution.

As i already said, they can spawn near to character. And u don't need to "stay" on the beam, to get huge damage, it's enough for him to barely touch the character.

"
Chickenwink wrote:

Make sure we keep things civil in discussion as well

Im wrote about one thing, and you instead of giving an opinion, just giving unnecessary advice. If you can't saw the difference between an opinion and useless advice, that's not my problem. And google what discussion is.

"Added"
After seeing the number of your posts on the forum, it becomes clear that talking about the point is clearly not for you.
Last edited by FallFoxed on Apr 27, 2024, 5:50:29 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info