Heretical Flare have absurdly high damage over time!

So why not just...move from the beams?
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
Coconutdoggy wrote:

Read other posts in the thread.
Last edited by FallFoxed on Apr 27, 2024, 5:53:17 PM
Im gonna also say you should not stand in the fire.

Or dont run destructive play. Its a very lucrative node so it has to have some downside.
"
Coconutdoggy wrote:

Stop with the sarcasm man, I should beable to stand in harmful effects with no downsides in this game.

Especially when I link my armor value against a mechanic that ignores armor
Bump your post as many times as you want. Its not like the Devs are changing anything your way anyways.

Generic I'm quitting/uninstalling post. Comes back to the game and none of the things they whined about changed their way. Only to whine about even more things.
I don’t really care that it’s a lot of damage, but I am always disappointed when I’m reminded they went with a lasting debuff instead of it just being damaging beams. It just makes the fight feel less responsive; removes tiny moments of “phew, I ran out of the beam and only caught the edge of it, now the damage stops”. It’s obviously still the player’s job to stay out of the beams entirely, that’s fine, I’m talking about sources of satisfaction rather than responsibility.
"
FallFoxed wrote:
"
Coconutdoggy wrote:

Read other posts in the thread.

No move from the beams

lmao that's it
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
I don’t really care that it’s a lot of damage, but I am always disappointed when I’m reminded they went with a lasting debuff instead of it just being damaging beams. It just makes the fight feel less responsive; removes tiny moments of “phew, I ran out of the beam and only caught the edge of it, now the damage stops”. It’s obviously still the player’s job to stay out of the beams entirely, that’s fine, I’m talking about sources of satisfaction rather than responsibility.

For GusTheCrocodile:
Thanks for the second answer on the topic.

For other:
Those who wrote the posts above, please look on this post for understand, what is exactly an opinion, not unnecessary advice.
Last edited by FallFoxed on Apr 27, 2024, 6:24:14 PM
"
FallFoxed wrote:
"

For GusTheCrocodile:
Thanks for the second answer on the topic.

For other:
Those who wrote the posts above, please look on this post for understand, what is exactly an opinion, not unnecessary advice.

Opinion? Just move from it
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
+1

this thread is another example of players rushing to defend mechanics and being really aggressive for little reason. Can we really defend the damage that dot effects do in poe? I think not.

Honestly if the game toned down degens that would be nice. Especially since their is little info in game about what anything really does until it kills you. The debuff tooltips are generally well written with a lot of really bad exceptions.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions, but too often people rush in with unwanted and frankly unhelpful advice.

Physical degens not being resisted by armor feels weird to me, it should, just like how ignites and poisons are resisted by resistance. Especially since like the only source of damage reduction to over time effects is a mastery or by shadow. Physical damage from monsters shouldn't need like 3 types of conversion to safely be around. Maybe they could add more resistance to damage over time effects on veiled modifiers or something or on less popular passive wheels, anything at this point. I don't like building an armor character and slapping on a cloak of flames just because it actually helps mitigate physical degen.
"
roundishcap wrote:
+1

this thread is another example of players rushing to defend mechanics and being really aggressive for little reason. Can we really defend the damage that dot effects do in poe? I think not.

Honestly if the game toned down degens that would be nice. Especially since their is little info in game about what anything really does until it kills you. The debuff tooltips are generally well written with a lot of really bad exceptions.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions, but too often people rush in with unwanted and frankly unhelpful advice.

Physical degens not being resisted by armor feels weird to me, it should, just like how ignites and poisons are resisted by resistance. Especially since like the only source of damage reduction to over time effects is a mastery or by shadow. Physical damage from monsters shouldn't need like 3 types of conversion to safely be around. Maybe they could add more resistance to damage over time effects on veiled modifiers or something or on less popular passive wheels, anything at this point. I don't like building an armor character and slapping on a cloak of flames just because it actually helps mitigate physical degen.

lmao YOUR DEFENSE IS TO MOVE
FROM
IT

Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info