[3.25] KissMeQuick's Exsanguinate Freeze Explosion Occultist 💀❄️ Starter — T17 — Sim 30 — Uber Bosses

Uhm any help with this seems really squishy while doing t16s
https://pobb.in/NU4v2d7Mhmzu
i get tapped most of the time from out of nowhere is there something im doing really badly?
"
Jasmeister wrote:
Uhm any help with this seems really squishy while doing t16s
https://pobb.in/NU4v2d7Mhmzu
i get tapped most of the time from out of nowhere is there something im doing really badly?

Consensus seems to be that phys defenses are really lacking on this build and I agree. Unfortunately, there's not much room for adding another layer of defense considering all the build-enabling unique gear.

Your best bet is maximizing damage IMO. That's what I've been doing at least. I don't plan on leveling further than 95 and just run the juiciest content I can.
I have played this build for two seasons now both to 100, and I really think it's just so much more smooth on a rare chest than the dialla's(This is after playing on a +1+2 one last season) Damage feels fine, I have done all content this season.
Last edited by Sibs on Aug 31, 2024, 11:42:34 AM
"
Sibs wrote:
I have played this build for two seasons now both to 100, and I really think it's just so much more smooth on a rare chest than the dialla's(This is after playing on a +1+2 one last season) Damage feels fine, I have done all content this season.

You're probably right.
"
Sibs wrote:

I switched out to using a build modeled on yours and find myself struggling with single target DPS. Is there a synergy or something I may have missed or is it likely just weaker gear?
Last edited by Ramennoodlecup on Sep 11, 2024, 3:09:31 PM
I haven't played almost at all since Legion (apart from a brief, incompetent stint with dot-focused Exsanguinate in Ultimatum) and decided to give this a try.

I switched to it a few days ago on a budget of about 7 divs with almost fully unlocked atlas, and here are my observations and some questions.

Build so far: https://pobb.in/lxRQKKrxHAXy

Observations:
- leveling wasn't terrible, but didn't feel great either. Keeping Exsanguinate in Honourhome during campaign helped a bit.

- Build popped into its own at 72, when i could switch to a 21 gem (surprisingly cheap) and finally remembered that chain support is a thing.

- Topping elemental resistances without the "expensive" corrupts is a pain and then some. I couldn't find any ring with solid resists AND frostbite, so in the end I had to go with 2 wonky jewels and 2 points into Practical Application passive

- With the key uniques covered (except for Dialla's) I mostly had no issues going into non-corrupted T16s at 72 and before I noticed I hit 89 - only then xp massively slowed down and I realized I'm dying way too often.

- Herald of Purity is better dps, especially for bosses, but Herald of Ash just feels 10x nicer for mapping - on audio/visual level :D

- This is the first time I've done the Feared (haven't reached endgame since Legion). I can't say it was entirely smooth, since I'm not familiar with their... lowered damage taken phases (?), but I managed to kill them on 6th portal. Clearly this build must be doing a lot of shit right if I can do one of the seemingly most hated encounters without practice.

Questions:
- By far, the worst thing of all is mobility - the character is so painfully slow and the frostblink cooldown feels like it's taking forever. How on earth do I move about and dodge spammy mechanics? I'm trying frostblink of Wintry Blast with faster casting, spell echo and arcane surge in helmet. It feels better mobility-wise, but is a bit junky and perilous on mana - it costs like 2/3 of my mana pool and dropping any of the supports makes it feel extremely junky. EDIT: Dropped the Frostblink of Wintry Blast to lvl 1, lowering its cost from 62 to 25 - helped a lot of chain casting it. Still feels very derpy. I'm also at a bit of a loss with normal Frostblink - included PoBs set it to ~0.8s cd, while I have 1.35 ingame and frankly I cannot find where lies the difference

- If anything as much as sneezes on me in melee range, i get stunlocked and die. I don't have Immutable Force nor do I fully understand how stun & block recovery works in PoE - is it anything like hit recovery in D2 and thus will it help with getting stunlocked by melee hits?

- Casting brands feels extremely clunky - the cast time (feels like I'm stunning myself), the mana cost (eats into my 99 unres mana budget for emergency blink), the duration. Also I'm a bit confused on the storm + arcanist brand interaction - aren't we limited to only 1 brand on the enemy?

- I wasn't able to find Hrims with both temp chains & enfeeble. I'm currently running temp chains instead of punishment but I'm wondering whether it's worth it - how critical is temp chains on bosses?

- I struggle dps-wise with some content. A notable silly example is map boss on Burial Grounds - I can burst roughly 50% of her hp, and then she becomes nigh on unkillable for me and just eats me alive if I as much as pause to cast while she is on the screen. What do? Is my 10mln boss dps simply too low for her? Likewise, T17 bosses seem pretty much unkillable - I managed to kill fortress boss on 3rd map (running with the 50% to not consume portals scarab) and only when I had 0 explicits affecting it. Likewise Strand boss can be a struggle (and he often oneshots me with flicker strike from offscreen). While other bosses, such as Carcass boss are pretty much a <1s kill. A bit confused wtf.

- Upgrade order I'm currently considering is: +1 power charge on head > Anoint (Disciple of the Slaughter is what PoB usually keeps throwing at me) > Bottled Faith > Switching my silly chaos res cluster jewel to the Light of Meaning and reclaiming 4 passives

- Game claims I have immunity to Shock, and for the love of everything I cannot figure out where it's coming from. EDIT: i just realized i can hoover over defensive stats in PoB and it shows their source. So it's coming from Tempest Shield? Does it mean I'm also immune to shocked ground or are these 2 things separate?

- I could switch my Militant Faith from all res + mana regen to all res + reduced duration of ailment - but is it worth it? We have frozen/chill immunity. In theory shock immunity (i still don't know where it's coming from) so that would only affect ignite? All res + inc elmental dmg is 7 div, so not on the purchasing list right now.

- Assuming you're running normal Frostblink, wouldn't Bonechill support be absolutely amazing for overall dps or am I missing something?
Last edited by JasminTheMarquis on Sep 15, 2024, 3:40:40 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info