Why are we not allowed to zoom out more or use 32:9?

"
tackle70 wrote:
There are no good reasons for the removal.

"
tackle70 wrote:
The reality is that some players figured out how to exploit it in niche scenarios where it mattered (e.g. racing), streamed themselves abusing it

Huh.
Ruthless should be [Removed by Support].
"
AdRonZh3Ro wrote:
"
tackle70 wrote:
There are no good reasons for the removal.

"
tackle70 wrote:
The reality is that some players figured out how to exploit it in niche scenarios where it mattered (e.g. racing), streamed themselves abusing it

Huh.

The cognitive dissonance is crazy
The opposite of knowledge is not illiteracy, but the illusion of knowledge.
Race events are niche subset of an already niche game poe is. I have fronted a lot of arguments on why black bars is poor solution on all accounts imaginable, except this one case.

So yes, widescreen players racing can be called "exploit", but GGG responding to this issue with black bars on all modes, not just racing - brings back all abovementioned arguments. Feel free to revisit our favorite 157 pages thread for them :)
cause not even just the race events are competitive racing.
shocking and confusing concept for some for sure giving that not only PoE takes the decision of black bars over everything else for very good reasons.
You don't have to be a experienced game dev, small indie developer or inexperienced self taught freelancer dev to understand such a simple and obvious thing hoho
Flames and madness. I'm so glad I didn't miss the fun.
Last edited by Pashid on Jun 28, 2024, 7:05:31 PM
"
Echothesis wrote:
Race events are niche subset of an already niche game poe is. I have fronted a lot of arguments on why black bars is poor solution on all accounts imaginable, except this one case.

So yes, widescreen players racing can be called "exploit", but GGG responding to this issue with black bars on all modes, not just racing - brings back all abovementioned arguments. Feel free to revisit our favorite 157 pages thread for them :)

157 pages, of which 100 pages are the same comment, and another 30 seem to be „nuh-uh“ whenever someone disagrees with the suggestion. I am certain that if you were to poll the community on what kind of monitor people use you‘d find UW in the .1% to .9% category; in other words not worth dev time.

And that is before saying that it should be on any list of priorities at all. I remember you saying „look at these other ARPGs that have UW support“ and it turned out they didn‘t.
"
ArtCrusade wrote:

157 pages, of which 100 pages are the same comment, and another 30 seem to be „nuh-uh“ whenever someone disagrees with the suggestion. I am certain that if you were to poll the community on what kind of monitor people use you‘d find UW in the .1% to .9% category; in other words not worth dev time.

And that is before saying that it should be on any list of priorities at all. I remember you saying „look at these other ARPGs that have UW support“ and it turned out they didn‘t.

Aww, flattered you remember:) I've also said state of poe endgame combat is such, that your aspect ratio is irrelevant to your character performance, death risk, and loot amount, outside of few niche cases. Cases being racing events, Sanctum, and silly overtuned content like T17 where you are really threatened by map monsters.

In other 99% combat scenarios your death and clearspeed do not depend on what you see on screen (and on you looking at screen at all for autobomber builds). Black bars are a lazy overkill which created more discontent than problems it supposedly solved (if we pretend no one ever bypassed bars too). You can consistently clear mobs 2 screens away on 4:3, and can play melee range in 32:9. Black bars didn't change it but successfully alienated players who never wanted racing, without reason.
Alienated whom, Echothesis? Did you stop playing over it? Did anyone? Is it to the detriment of Last Epoch, D2R or D4 which you claimed support UW but actually don‘t?

A trite continuation of the other thread is all this is, and utterly unimportant
Last edited by ArtCrusade on Jun 29, 2024, 1:27:06 PM
"
MLGonthorian wrote:
so what's PoE's excuse?

"
Alysma wrote:
"
Previously it was possible to manually set the aspect ratio of the Path of Exile client to be very short and wide, allowing you to see an unintended amount of the level at once. A limit needed to be set. Because of server serialisation distances, this maximum aspect ratio is currently set to 21:9. This is the widest that we can currently go before we start hitting the cutoff where entities and effects vanish. We are looking at being able to increase this in the future.

This note was accidentally missed from the patch notes. We're very sorry for that oversight.
Ruthless should be [Removed by Support].
Last edited by AdRonZh3Ro on Jun 29, 2024, 1:42:52 PM
"
ArtCrusade wrote:
Alienated whom, Echothesis? Did you stop playing over it? Did anyone? Is it to the detriment of Last Epoch, D2R or D4 which you claimed support UW but actually don‘t?

A trite continuation of the other thread is all this is, and utterly unimportant

You expect me to answer on behalf of undefined circle of people? All I can say is that when black bars were first released, median reception on this forum wasn't "yay we've waited so long for this massive fair play push!". If you really wish to know more, scroll back to that patch yourself.
"
Echothesis wrote:
All I can say is that when black bars were first released, median reception on this forum wasn't "yay we've waited so long for this massive fair play push!".

Most people who lose any form of advantage, are unhappy, even if it is unfair advantage.
Biggest compliments for my crafted items - "bs, they must have been RMT'ed"

I'm disabled, I have rare case of semperduravera, so I can write things that may look rude, but it is because of disability - I'm forced to tell truth using words you may not like.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info