Why are we not allowed to zoom out more or use 32:9?

The reason is we're not allowed to see what's about to offscreen us with their ranged attacks. : )
Sitting in HO spamming alts for 4 hours straight is peak PoE gameplay. Thanks, Chris.
"
Previously it was possible to manually set the aspect ratio of the Path of Exile client to be very short and wide, allowing you to see an unintended amount of the level at once. A limit needed to be set. Because of server serialisation distances, this maximum aspect ratio is currently set to 21:9. This is the widest that we can currently go before we start hitting the cutoff where entities and effects vanish. We are looking at being able to increase this in the future.

Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
The zoom level in the game is sad af - it's like I'm playing 2000's game on the old monitor.

It should be at least 50% bigger
Auctioneer House - is a MUST!
Last edited by SilverWF on May 27, 2024, 8:28:25 AM
"allowing you to see an unintended amount of the level at once"

Being able to see ranged/casting mobs before they start mowing me down is an unintended amount of visibility? Therefore, being mowed down from offscreen IS an intended amount of visibility?
That one made me giggle...
As it took great pains to prove in our signature UW thread nearby, limiting FOV is pointless for balance, as core combat is broken anyway. Bow builds clearing mobs 2 screens away and some people still keep saying "good, GGG removed unfair advantage". lol.

T17 may be harder to cheese, but for now it is (thankfully) a minor part of the game.
arrows fly a far distance, just arrows would do irl, shocking
Players also do forget that bow builds need heavy investment in order to feel good for both mapping and bossing, but someone without any gameplay experience wouldn't know so it's just the bad bad evil bow builds ruining the game :)
Flames and madness. I'm so glad I didn't miss the fun. hoho
Last edited by Pashid on Jun 15, 2024, 12:54:30 AM
"
Pashid wrote:
arrows fly a far distance, just arrows would do irl, shocking
Players also do forget that bow builds need heavy investment in order to feel good for both mapping and bossing, but someone without any gameplay experience wouldn't know so it's just the bad bad evil bow builds ruining the game :)

You mean 1 triple element bow (which I heard is easy to craft using necropolis), 1 quiver, and 1 HH? Then you can fill rest gear slots with MF uniques and go brrr. This won't make you a bosser, but MF is big advantage without bossing anyway. Once I thought long and hard on how to improve my main char, but simply have no space to achieve what bow does on 3 slots.
There are no good reasons for the removal. It worked just fine for 10 years and not a single person ever complained about the alleged issues. There was absolutely zero discussion of any issues with players using super ultrawide screens until GGG removed the feature and then a predictable subset of the population (almost none of whom used 32:9 or wider screens themselves) decided to make a lot of noise about all the supposed problems that support had.

The reality is that some players figured out how to exploit it in niche scenarios where it mattered (e.g. racing), streamed themselves abusing it, and so GGG removed support for super ultrawide screens instead of fixing the problems/exploits.

Their post about the change is PR nonsense that would be right at home coming from the mouth of EA or Microsoft or any other untrustworthy AAA publisher.
The 352nd character to hit Level 100 in Standard
The 82nd character to hit Delve 1000 in Standard
Last edited by tackle70 on Jun 28, 2024, 1:02:49 PM
"
tackle70 wrote:
a predictable subset of the population (almost none of whom used 32:9 or wider screens themselves) decided to make a lot of noise

...what?

Aren't you the guy with over 1200 posts in the same thread complaining about this issue? It's hard to imagine literally anyone making more noise than that, just sayin.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info