Veiled Chaos Deleted

"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
it used to be 20% less damage taken.

if you have 75% all res then +5% max res = 20% less elemental damage taken

if you have 80% all res then +5% max res = 25% less elemental damage taken

if you have 85% all res then +5% max res = 33% less elemental damage taken

with mageblood where it was 39% less damage taken...

if you have 75% all res then +9% max res = 36% less elemental damage taken

if you have 80% all res then +9% max res = 45% less elemental damage taken

so the only one there that has been slightly nerfed is using a mageblood with 75% max res, where an elemental flask will now give you 36% less damage taken compared to 39% before. in all other cases its the same or a buff right?

its only really when you get capped 90% all res and then have those flasks up all the time, ridiculously op elemental defence characters like the ascendancy you are discussing that its a significant nerf surely?

it seems to me like the flasks are the same or buffed for most people in most situations and its only really fringe extreme cases when its now worse, that seems like decent balance to me? people talk about bringing down the top end of builds and bringing up the lower end, doesnt this do that?

In theory yes,

In reality ele penetration exist.
Why am I still here
"
Aynix wrote:
"
Aynix wrote:
"
Sazzbot wrote:

Maybe because normal players dont give a fuck about "tft mafia" and they just use TFT to get what they want?

And why are you angry at me for stating something obvious? Did i hurt you?

Im angry at every stupid comment about so called "tft mafia" that people cry about so much recently. You are not special.

Talk about being offended for thinking that TFT is a mafia platform after all the threats they have done to some streamers.

So much angry and issues.
Having opinion must be a crime now i See.

So i am not special, but decides to target me.

I presume you are now satisfied, having defended TFT as a proud white knight and being hostile to me.

Congratulation you win. I will no longer write on this forum. I will see myself out.
Last edited by Sazzbot on Mar 16, 2024, 10:16:25 AM
"
Sazzbot wrote:

Talk about being offended for thinking that TFT is a mafia platform after all the threats they have done to some streamers.

Why should anyone care? TFT is private discord server. Yes, they shared it with public but they still own it and they can do whatever they want with it. Dont like TFT? Dont use it.
Avarage player doesnt give a fuck about quarrels between "big bois" that make mirror items, hoard thousands of locks etc. It has nothing to with them. It doesnt affect them at all. They go to TFT to sell their essence tab worth 10 divines or buy Aisling craft. They go there to buy sextants in bulk or sell boss carry. Thats what is TFT for them. The whole drama about "TFT mafia" is so ridiculus that its amusing to see many people caring about it while it has nothing to do with them. Not even 0.01% of TFT usesrs used mirror service once. Not even 0.01% TFT users ever had enough currency to even consider using mirro service. Even if we would take only group of people that talk about it and seems to "care", still vast majority of them have nothing to do with this situation because they are not even close to "level" of this situation. How many people who spread hate towards TFT because they seen some streamer crying that "TFT mafia" is bullying him actually used mirror service? Its just meaningless drama of few people that think they are important, while in reality they are noone.
Last edited by Aynix on Mar 16, 2024, 10:33:44 AM
The Bundled-Crafting-Nerf teaser has a few items of interest, and even this veiled-chaos-orb part itself has 2 components:

1) The first part is "orbification" of Aisling's functionality, which suggests loot-table randomness. Someone else mentioned that this convenience will almost certainly result in increased rarity (fewer instances of the functionality over the same amount of time running targeted Betrayal). I guess we'll see how this goes in terms of availability to those who want to use this functionality without running Betrayal and without resorting to 3rd-party trading sites.

2) Pure removal of current veiled-chaos-orb functionality. It's important to not conflate this with #1. Current functionality of this orb offers a wide spectrum of crafting functionality. Removal of this functionality is a huge crafting nerf. This is the more significant component, since the flexibility, combined with a very decent degree of outcome predictability, will be disappearing completely. This is, by far, the most significant information in that teaser, to me.

Last edited by MoonPeace on Mar 16, 2024, 4:28:10 PM
"
Warvald wrote:

In theory yes,

In reality ele penetration exist.

sure, and youre right, but that only really makes a really big difference when were looking at mageblood 95% flask effect characters again certain specific spells cast by uber bosses right?

what uber boss spells actually have pen? the shaper balls have 25% pen. is there actually any others? poe.db doesnt show any other boss spell having any pen on it as far as i can see?

if you go down to delve 600 where you find ele pen mods its about 12%, the difference between a 75% resist char with 20% less damage taken and an 80% resist char is not rly significant.

is that the only instances of ele pen against a player? delve and shaper balls? genuine question for anyone out there who knows about this kind of stuff.
Atziri Flamenlast has ele pen and I assume all "big hits" of end game bosses have it. So if you want to facetank them, yes, you maybe lost some defense. We are willing to sacrifice that 0.1% situations to get more defense in 99.9% situations.
"
Aynix wrote:
Atziri Flamenlast has ele pen and I assume all "big hits" of end game bosses have it. So if you want to facetank them, yes, you maybe lost some defense. We are willing to sacrifice that 0.1% situations to get more defense in 99.9% situations.

ok i looked up atziri, yep youre right theres 8% pen on the flameblast it seems.

we can see the datamined stats on poe.db, i looked through shaper, elder, maven, sirus, exarch and eater, the only skill with ele pen on the 6 of those was shapers balls. i forgot about atziri.

so we got shaper balls, atziri flameblast and its a possible mod on delves. the only one of those thats actually a meaningful amount of pen is the shaper?

with 8% pen if you have 75% resist and get hit with 1k damage you take 264 damage with the old flask and 280 with the new flask? thats nothing rly.
Veiled chaos deleted, just made a lot of crafts now very expensive. I doubt that veiled chaos is going to be a guaranteed drop either. If its not a guaranteed drop, veiled chaos orbs are going to be very expensive. At least they removed any skill in using the mechanic now.
It still will be cheaper than Asiling bench was on TFT/trade chat or any other place where you would buy it.
"
Aynix wrote:
It still will be cheaper than Asiling bench was on TFT/trade chat or any other place where you would buy it.

You have veiled chaos and Aisling as one now. So there is now only one source. So all the previous veiled chaos orb crafts now need the Aisling level craft. It could be very expensive, I don't see it being any cheaper now it can be traded, if anything its going to be more expensive.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info