Veiled Chaos Deleted

"
TempestMind wrote:
I'm unclear on something. Does this mean you no longer need Aisling in research when fighting Cat? In other words, no matter how butchered the investigation is all you need is to do the boss fight to get the veiled orb? Surely there's gonna be new rewards to incentivize people to put effort into the mechanic, right?

im presuming yes to all these things, probably? thats the way it seems to me.
People still didnt learn how GGG work? IF you want anything to be itemizied which would make it much easier to acess they will ofc either nerf it to the ground (like they did it with Harvest) or they will make it super rare.
I don't recall which exact interview it was, but it was already stated that the itemization of crafts will come at a cost. And that cost would be disliked by players, but a middle ground has to be established if players want the crafts to be itemized.

This is zero surprise. Someone here might remember which interview it was.
"
Pashid wrote:
It's much easier to print aislings now that the orb is a 100% drop and you can just run mastermind's lair all day long with the proper atlas setup without having to worry about getting the members in the correct place

they havent say it will be a guaranteed drop
why delete?

i have like 4k of those...
"
skillcode wrote:
I don't recall which exact interview it was, but it was already stated that the itemization of crafts will come at a cost. And that cost would be disliked by players, but a middle ground has to be established if players want the crafts to be itemized.

This is zero surprise. Someone here might remember which interview it was.

Of course, the cost of deleting an unrelated crafting currency. Just because GGG says something doesnt make it a good idea.
"
LOL. And people thought GGG would give them something without first taking something even better away.

Seriously though. WTF are they thinking? All this will do is make the cost of the new aisling skyrocket and using it will only be justified on top end crafts. It will be yet another absurdly expensive crafting currency that only the top 1% uses. Great job GGG /s.

Typical GGG I'm afraid :( Can't just do something that makes sense, like itemise Aisling, like they first claimed. No, they also need to remove something useful from the game, and hide this new thing behind several layers of RNG, ensuring it's rare and very expensive. So once again, it's something for the top 1% of players to "play" around with.

Having taken a break now and playing other games, it's easier to see how absurd some of these game design choices of GGG are. Other games simply don't have so much BS to wade through.

Can always hope they'll make more sensible choices for POE2. But then again, it's still the same company and crew of people, so the odds aren't exactly with us in this regard.
"
Pangaearocks wrote:

Can always hope they'll make more sensible choices for POE2. But then again, it's still the same company and crew of people, so the odds aren't exactly with us in this regard.

Wanna bet their choices for PoE 2 will be even more extreme?
its so easy to just put on the thing that grants safehouse xp per turn and just imprison everyone rapidly, you can spam caterina with relative ease. i dont see how this is that drastic.

yeah u lose veiled chaos.

but the result is you can probably generate a veiled aisling orb as easy as going through all the nonsense of getting her into research and rank 3 etc, and now you can spam cat, get a 10 stack of aisling orbs and then craft with them rather than having to use this 1 bench and then grind it back again each time.

i dont think this makes it more of a rich persons tool and actually it gives normal people the chance to grind cat and use it or sell an aisling orb without having to be a highly endorsed tft seller who monetises those very messy time consuming services through discord.

people survived just fine before veiled chaos were a thing, for all we know aisling now has a veiled chaos bench as her safehouse reward. even if she doesnt i dont rly think it matters. a decent pair of boots is pretty easy to find or craft even without veiled chaos.
What kind of interaction will veiled chaos have with prefix/suffix cannot be changed mode ?. That's key, does anything change there?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info