Will GGG Ever Abandon Path of Exile and How it Can Happen

Hey guys!
Please tell me guys from GGG if you are going to abandon you awesome game at some point and how it can happen? I really don’t want to see great Path of Exile just die. This game is a legend imo.
But if this happen somehow then I have two questions:

1) Will you make an offline mode?

2) Will you allow people to play online differently (via local network or maybe to create alternative servers)?
I am trying to wrap my head around with "what in the hades" did this question come from as it's their ONLY game.

If they abandon it, they are out of business...and with POE2 being released soon business must be good and will get a lot better.

My only conclusion is this is click-bait for exiles to Google your account name and join your streams...weak attempt....

.5 out of 10...and I don't round up.
-Time to be funny. The world needs funny right now! Warning: "Might" get you muted.

25 Exalts...oh God my stupidity stuck! Now onto 25 Divines...
No. You are completely wrong and your analytics are quite akward sir. I am not promoting my streams and you can’t find my streams based on my account name. I named my account like this because of the two reasons:

1) Name which I wanted was busy,

2) I created a separate Steam account for the online games which I stream and I created my account for PoE based on the above-mentioned one and I want them to have the same name for the sake of consistency.

But this is offtopic. I am glad if you are right but I fear of what can happen after PoE2 release. I fear that devs may abandon PoE1 in favour of PoE2. That is the reason of why I created the initial post.
It's one of their main source of income, why GGG would even mind to abandon Path Of Exile

1) I hope but highly doable, let's wish Last Epoch their best so GGG can have sort of inspiration around it

2) Private servers? you already have private leagues

"
I fear that devs may abandon PoE1 in favour of PoE2

At the moment poe 2 is nothing, when release will still be nothing, years will pass and poe 1 will continue to be their main source of income. Leaving poe 1 to jump straigh to poe 2 would be economically suicide. We cannot know GGG's future intentions, but rest assured that this will not be the case for at least many many many years. there is nothing to fear chill enjoy the game and be happy
blizzard one of the dumbest companies on earth still have D2 and D2 LOD servers up . Don't think GGG would ever do that to POE unless they went actually bankrupt and lost all the assets, servers and had to shut down everything. Even then someone would probably create a private server for nostalgia.
Its more a question of slow neglect for a decade old game than a full abandon.

I'm not trying to insult GGG. If you have ever worked on a project for a decade, its hard to stay motivated/fresh.
"
trixxar wrote:
Its more a question of slow neglect for a decade old game than a full abandon.

I'm not trying to insult GGG. If you have ever worked on a project for a decade, its hard to stay motivated/fresh.

I'm not seeing any lack of motivation. Mark still seems very much motivated to make PoE1 the best version of itself that it can be, and they're talking about having years of ideas left in the tank.

If you want a business reason why PoE1 would continue existing, though, then I think there's an excellent case to be made that PoE could be used to experiment with wilder league concepts, with PoE2 adopting the ones that have already been proven to "work." PoE2's already benefiting from this setup, when it comes to its end game: they're not starting from scratch, they're pulling from PoE's long history of successful and popular league material.

Also, the cost of keeping PoE1 going is not high. They're already showing us just how much they can do with a very small team: even with most of GGG working on PoE2, the PoE1 team have given us Trials of the Ancients and Affliction, two the most innovative and well-received leagues they've ever made. And the server costs are next to nothing; both games run on the same servers, and they're already paying for the servers, so keeping PoE1 up and running doesn't add anything there.

Once the big push to finish PoE2 is done, and both games can settle into a regular cadence of new content additions, there's no reason to think that GGG won't do exactly that, as long as there are enough people playing the game. And, given how many people love PoE1 basically as it is, I don't see why they wouldn't keep doing exactly that for a long, long time.

If GGG were a gigantic, publicly-traded AAA factory, then you might have cause to worry, but they're not. GGG might aspire to AAA levels of quality and polish, but GGG's soul is still very much indie, and agile, and motivated by the love of the games they make.

If you love PoE1, then you've got nothing to worry about; GGG also love PoE1. PoE2 might be their new baby, and new babies tend to be the center of attention for a while, but having a new baby doesn't mean they're going to stop caring about the brain-child they already have. They can love both.
#ssf_is_better
#make_necropolis_core
#make_melee_better
"
momonami5 wrote:
blizzard one of the dumbest companies on earth still have D2 and D2 LOD servers up . Don't think GGG would ever do that to POE unless they went actually bankrupt and lost all the assets, servers and had to shut down everything. Even then someone would probably create a private server for nostalgia.

Yes! Absolutely! I do remember the times before Diablo 3 disgrace and I never ever could imagine as to what will happen with Blizzard. Blizzard were a bastion of good gaming back then and they turned to an empty shell like EA. Just look at this triple A turds. Back then they were small and innovative. I can’t imagine that nowadays ActivBlizz will release something like Wizards&Warriors but in 2000 they did it (Activision actually).
So I really hope that nothing like this will ever happen to GGG and EHG. When people and companies are losing their soul than this is really scary. Also I must admit that I was really scared when Neocore who made Van Helsing shut down their servers all of a sudden with a small notification.
Thanks anyway for you good words guys! I am a pessimistic person myself because I live in a third world country without human right and with dirty air. PoE and LE just help me to “escape” from what is going on outside.
Troll thread
it seems unlikely they will drop PoE1 support any time soon, given that they have stated it will start leagues when PoE2 leagues are nearing their end.

So you are looking at probably 5 years minimum, even then it's no longer GGG's game since tencent have most of the shares.
Tencent could see money in making it standalone, dropping all development and selling the game, but i doubt it, piracy makes it unlikely.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info