What's the problem with the campaign? Everything in the game is repetitive!

"
Waitubold wrote:
Even the ones that give respec points, which are useful, don't really give enough of them. And why do these take the form of books of respec, and not just regret orbs?

So you cannot craft them. It seems they want you to get any items of value from drops, not quests.
Last edited by RealRoodvlees on Mar 15, 2024, 1:55:41 PM
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
the thought of going through those 10 acts makes my skin crawl

Why not play standard with your existing characters then?
Last edited by RealRoodvlees on Mar 15, 2024, 1:54:51 PM
"
Mikrotherion wrote:
I'd even say it is much too easy. Perhaps if GGG made the campaign harder people would feel that it is more meaningful.

That's the problem with power creep. Problem is you need knowledge to access that power. Especially on melee, the depence on 1 weapon attribute being really high is really annoying.
Last edited by RealRoodvlees on Mar 15, 2024, 1:51:33 PM
"
lagwin1980 wrote:
But yeah, if someone is playing this game and complains that doing something again and again is boring they should really question why they are playing...because you are playing a style of game that IS by definition repetitive.
And removing one of the only things that breaks up mapping means it is more repetitive and thus more boring.

Totally agree. For me lvling an alt is variation.
Last edited by RealRoodvlees on Mar 15, 2024, 1:54:14 PM
"
Aynix wrote:
Ofc GGG will never remove campaign, even as a test, because it would just show them that they wasted insane amount of time on something people dont even care about.

They did, we had endless harvest.
Last edited by RealRoodvlees on Mar 15, 2024, 1:50:00 PM
This thread be like:
"I create one character every 4 leagues, doing compaign is cool!"
"I create 10 characters every league and I want to KMS each time I need to slog through campaign"
"
RealRoodvlees wrote:
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
the thought of going through those 10 acts makes my skin crawl

Why not play standard with your existing characters then?

i do, thats what i spend 90% of my time in this game doing for that exact reason, and hence why i only play the game about half as much as i would do because i dont have the draw of new seasonal mechanics in their big star of the show state which is what keeps the game fresh for people.

its probably too late for me and poe1 now because i already hate the campaign so much that more often than not i cant even bring myself to level the first character in the league which would always need to run the campaign anyway.

for me they needed an alternate levelling method 5 years ago so that i never burned out the campaign to this degree in the first place.
"
Okay, first of all, if you spend even thirty seconds thinking about solutions for every ten minutes of thinking about problems, you often get more constructive results. In this case, surely you would quickly note that if players can have options, so can ladders. If there is demand for one set of records focused on racing through the campaign and another for racing through <hypothetical alternate pathway> then that's a relatively simple addition.

Second, you accuse me of "pretending" but you're here talking about what "these people" must think. What if they don't? What if people who care about racing don't need there to be a separate ladder for every choice they take? Have you surveyed them? Were you appointed their spokesperson? Or are you also pretending?

To go back to my earlier example, we don't need a separate ladder for everyone who chooses to do the Fetid Pool sidequest, because throwing away inefficiencies is part of the point of a race. It's not actually a problem, at all, if the campaign isn't the most efficient thing for racers. Unless, again, it turns out there is demand for a campaign ladder, in which case it could be added.

thats not a valid solution. all the things you have said so far make me believe you dont understand racing/the mastery of speed levelling, how people do it and why they do it. which is fine, thats not a criticism, but this conversation is pointless.
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
thats not a valid solution. all the things you have said so far make me believe you dont understand racing/the mastery of speed levelling, how people do it and why they do it. which is fine, thats not a criticism, but this conversation is pointless.
Well it's certainly going to be pointless if someone asks questions and offers solutions and your response is just "nah that's not valid".
"
Mikrotherion wrote:
I'd even say it is much too easy. Perhaps if GGG made the campaign harder people would feel that it is more meaningful.
[/quote]

They did.. Or were in the process of doing so, and (gladly) stopped themselves. They updated Act 1 some time ago and made it quite a lot harder than it used to be. You know what the end result was? Act 1 took longer. The greatness of the game exists beyond the campaign. The campaign shouldn't really exist as more than a tutorial or map-ready-build check, there's no reason for it to be even longer. It's already longer than a ton of games I gladly paid $60 for

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info