What's the problem with the campaign? Everything in the game is repetitive!

I dont plan to touch PoE 2 even with 10 feet pole so they can do whatever they want with it. However lets be real, campaign in PoE 1 is "tutorial". Why do you force us to do tutorial for the 450th time? THe game starts with maps. Maps are not "end game". Maps are THE GAME. Allowing to level alts from level 1 in "maps" would make people stay for so much longer because they would actually make alts instead leaving as soon they get bored of their first character.
Diablo 3 has that. Diablo 4 has that. Last Epoch has that. Pretty much every MODERN ARPG has that. PoE is the only one stuck in dark ages of "we need to make Diablo 2 clone"
"
Aynix wrote:
"
grozar wrote:
Lol, playing Last Epoch's campaign made me realize how much I miss the POE campaign.

Personally I would rather sit at my job for 7h than play campaign again for 7h. I would gladly spend money I make in 7h of my job for campaign skip.

//Agree lol
The campaign itself isn't the problem.

The problems, are;
1) People have been playing the campaign for years; repetitive.
2) While maps are also repetitive, your character is more fun/fast/snappy to play - and your are in more control over your own path/gameplay
3) GGG refuses to make league mechanics that have an impact during the acts.

Personally? I don't mind the acts and still find them somewhat fun. Seeing people in here that actually WANTS P2W features and are asking for a way to skip the acts by spending money breaks my heart. Keep that shit out of my game; stash tabs are quite enough.

That said, would an alternative way of leveling be a bad idea? I don't really think so, as long as its balanced in terms of time, difficulty and drops. No matter what they do, I think they should require you to play through the acts with one character each league.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
Phrazz wrote:

3) GGG refuses to make league mechanics that have an impact during the acts.

Personally? I don't mind the acts and still find them somewhat fun. Seeing people in here that actually WANTS P2W features and are asking for a way to skip the acts by spending money breaks my heart. Keep that shit out of my game; stash tabs are quite enough.

There is a diffrence between wanting and being ok with something. Money talks and if money would be only way for me to get something, Im ok with that. Would I preffer to get it for free? Yes, but we dont live in ideal world.
I just dont understand why they made it harder and longer. Even rushing through with Twink gear takes forever. I really want to have to play another build before suffering through the campaign again. Getting away with one character per league is my ideal situation just so I dont have to do the campaign again.
Theres also the factor of some builds look amazing and turn out to be not your thing. And its so much effort to get there.
Last edited by Sed1tion on Mar 17, 2024, 9:07:10 AM
Imagine you make a game with a tutorial that lasts 7-10 hours and you cannot skip it, no matter how many times you already did it.
Such game would be very popular /s
Last edited by Aynix on Mar 17, 2024, 9:14:25 AM
The campaign isn't a tutorial. It's a campaign. It's the backstory to the game. It's where you get 65-70% of your levels.

Complaints about the need to play through the campaign is a symptom of some of the design flaws of the game, and the extreme zoom zoom nature it has become, particularly these last few years.

I hope they will rectify that somewhat in POE 2, but we shall see. Still the same crew of developers after all, so chances are POE 2 will become the same one-shot and loot pinhata mess that POE 1 is.

It has been healthy (in my view) to take a step away from the game and play other games, then compare.

But I know trying to write an actual argument here is pointless anyway, so I shan't bother.
"
Pangaearocks wrote:
The campaign isn't a tutorial. It's a campaign. It's the backstory to the game. It's where you get 65-70% of your levels.

It is tutorial. Game starts in maps. The time you spend in campaign is like 1% of your character lifetime (if you play entire league and not leave after 2 weeks)
Last edited by Aynix on Mar 17, 2024, 12:09:44 PM
"
Pangaearocks wrote:

Complaints about the need to play through the campaign is a symptom of some of the design flaws of the game, and the extreme zoom zoom nature it has become, particularly these last few years.

I hope they will rectify that somewhat in POE 2, but we shall see. Still the same crew of developers after all, so chances are POE 2 will become the same one-shot and loot pinhata mess that POE 1 is.

It has been healthy (in my view) to take a step away from the game and play other games, then compare.

But I know trying to write an actual argument here is pointless anyway, so I shan't bother.

Plenty of actual arguments happen here so that's disingenuous but I understand you don't want to get shouted down.

Most of us play other games and compare and that's why we all come back.

I have played no fewer than 10 builds this league, don't bother looking because I delete builds and gear so my Standard tabs don't get overwhelming, and fact is running campaign that much blows for a lot players. Those of us who would like a skip available after the first run each season are venting frustration because we know GGG does it their way no matter what and they're very likely to keep things as they are. But I have a lot of time to waste so I live with it.

I do not agree however with the sentiment that a paid lvl skip (usually done with a token in the shop in most games) after the first run/season would be a p2w feature. Of course, I play for fun and not to "win" the economy so I would see no advantage in that direction.

"
Pangaearocks wrote:

no i hear you m8, you make your point well and theres a lot in there i agree with despite being a long term believer in having some form of alternate levelling for alt characters.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info