I hate Ultimatum

This is the only content I hard blocked on maps after the first week...
Running maps in a party and not blocking this was a non-starter. It's not cool that anyone can go start the Ulti while others are away and the map owner is not present.

Mechanically it feels like a worse Ritual, and it was implemented in the worst possible way - no mob drops, no iiq/r scaling, and back to random trail master.

If it's going to stay, fix:

--mob drops should return, but fix the timer on the instance so it doesn't reset if you cheat
--Engraved Ultimatum should drop once again and have 100% guaranteed Trail Mix

(yes I'm deliberately misspelling it because it's funny how many people are literally burning out trying to spawn a handful of almonds, peanuts, and dried apricots)

RNG gated end boss encounter really sucks especially when it's an achievement, guys. Stop it. Give us frags/Engraved. Being able to reliably and reproducibly go to Maven's arena or Eater or Shaper/UE doesn't make the uber drops any less valuable. And unlike Progenesis and Nimis, Mahuxotl's Sandwich Board is hardly a format-warping unique.
[19:36]#Mirror_stacking_clown: try smoke ganja every day for 10 years and do memory game
I knew that this would happen as soon as it was announced that Ultimatum would be returning... Ultimatum always sucked hard in my opinion and I figured the real reason people liked it was that it was so rewarding during the league.

Saw it coming that it'd be nerfed into the ground and now that it is no longer anywhere near as rewarding, people are seeing how awful it is to stand around in a circle for minutes, hoping some OP as shit rares don't spawn or trying to find the straggler bots that wandered too far away for you to kill to trigger the next wave of enemies...

Sorry to those that had hoped for more.
23 challenges for a new player nice gg bro, proud of you mate
Ok so, idc about ultimatum, just ran for the challenges then skip forever.
I skipped Ultimatum League and Im not bothered about using it now its core. But thats the thing with PoE. Do what you like to do and ignore the rest (unless you play SSF).
I originally loved Ultimatuum but the current implementation just doesn't feel right. The rewards, the lack of drops from monsters and some of the new affixes it has just don't make it seem as fun or worthwhile like it used to be.
I liked it in Ultimatum league and thought the new version was relatively ok. Rewards weren't terrible if you spec into it and run a lot. I didn't find them all that difficult and enjoyed running them for the most part.

Got quite a few divines and other currency accumulates over time. Catalysts in bulk were easy to sell, same as inscribed ultimatums. Used the tainted mythic orbs I had in my stash on corrupted items to get a few nice items to sell. I estimate I made 200 to 300 divines from sales running them this league.

Got a nice jewel with corrupted blood immunity, max life and resists at the start of the league, which was a nice bonus as I didn't have to buy a similar one.

Perhaps the rewards could have been a bit more consistent so they don't feel bad for people who struggle with them and didn't get much out of the few they tried. Trialmaster encounters could have occurred more often as well.
cant stand it. ultimatum is a perm blocked mechanic for me.

i turn on and off most content depending on mood and goals at the time. but ultimatum, expedition and legion are all blocked forever on my trees. exped is really tedious, legion feels like a waste of time and ultimatum is both.
"
Tillystix wrote:
Why did the community want this to be core?!

Because, at the time, certain OP uniques were locked behind it (i.e. Hateforge). I think they have since been nerfed, but that was probably the main reason.

It's a time-gated mechanic that requires a strong build to overcome all the waves as they get stronger, so, aside from the offerings you can make on the altar, it's imo not even worth farming.

And then they put it in the challenges... And I really don't like to farm this shit. Welp, no 38/40 for me, then.
Original creator of the "Poor Man's Ward Loop" build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3480922
Windows 11 Enterprise 64-bit, i7-13700K 5.30GHz
PNY RTX 4080 16GB GDDR6X, 32GB DDR5-6000 CL36
Samsung 980 Pro, Seasonic Prime GX 850W Gold
why even complain when you can just use 1 atlas point and problem is gone :)

this is the main strenght of the game, something for everyone with the ability to block
d:-D*

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info