I hate Ultimatum

Well, there is a little secret about Ultimatum: you need to have Headhunter Leather Belt - unique - to buff yourself for defence and offence. To survive all that madness inside of the Ultimatum encounter.
GGG never learn the lesson - do not ever shoot in your own leg...
Last edited by FeelsWowMan on Mar 10, 2024, 8:07:57 PM
Also I am glad to see so many people with 40 challenges in this thread :)
GGG never learn the lesson - do not ever shoot in your own leg...
"
FeelsWowMan wrote:
Well, there is a little secret about Ultimatum: you need to have Headhunter Leather Belt - unique - to buff yourself for defence and offence. To survive all that madness inside of the Ultimatum encounter.

even with headhunter the rewards are really bad...i think lack of rewards is the main issue here. i dont mind a hard encounter but the risk vs reward need to be there
Last edited by Lyutsifer665 on Mar 10, 2024, 8:50:13 PM
"
Lyutsifer665 wrote:
even with headhunter the rewards are really bad...i think thats the main issue here. i dont mind a hard encounter but the risk vs reward need to be there

Uhm, that's because headhunter is just the easy cop-out for finishing the encounter and doesn't change the rewards?

It's not even that difficult "even" without a Headhunter tbh, but hey..
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/artcrusader
i hate ultimatum solely because its messy as hell.

its practically a gear check where you need to be able to sustain and out last all that is thrown at you.

if your gear is weak or if you dont have enough defences, eating a bunch of aoes will end you ultimatum encounter rather quickly.

that said, i find GGG over estimating the "casual gamer's" capability of clearing ultimatum.

theres tons of extra content in POE that pops up in maps. blight, expedition etc. clearing them is a CASUAL affair where i dont even need to think too much about it. its very likely i ll complete the encounter with no issue.

ultimatum on the other hand keeps scaling harder. one of the challenges is to clear ultimatum encounters.

i had to cheese it via running t11 ultmatums to improve my chances of survival.
fully completing ultimatum to the last reward really is a huge leap in difficulty for most players.isit a skill/gear issue? i m currently geared for fast mapping. for those who love checking player profile, save yourself a click i ll admit i m bad at ultimatum.

that said, i m pretty sure many other players struggle with ultimatum.

i really have no love for ultimatum. zero. no interest. in fact i resent that ultimatum replaced metamorph. i actually find fighting a blob monster with hard to see telegraphs more doable than to fully complete an ultimatum encounter.

1/10 i hate ultimatum.
[Removed by Support]
"
tsunamikun wrote:
err i'm quite sure they stopped the empower shit with ultimatum mobs?

Is that so? I just avoided it so far because I thought I would get wrecked anyway. Good to know.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
I like ultimatum stylistically, but its rippy as hell and the rewards are atrociously bad, I hit the trialmaster twice over the course of doing the ultimatum challenge and got glimpses both times and I still made less from those maps than I would have running basically any other mechanic because the sum total of the payout was a bunch of catalysts, two glimpses worth less than 10 divs each and some ex's duped by an inscribed. They should not have nerfed ultimatum loot at all and they should have either not raised the difficulty as much as they did or they should have massively nerfed the ground effect mods, as most of the monster mods are nearly meaningless while ground effect mods that you aren't immune to rapidly escalate to instagib status.
Do it or else!
TLDR: People wanted busted encounter, got a meh-chanic that isnt missed when it stopped taking up a good content slot on maps.

didnt read all the replies but I agree 100%. I didnt care much for the league.. wasnt great, didnt hate it. Didnt care about the metamorph either so it was a non issue. During the league the mobs dropped loot, now they dont and it sucks worse than ever. Thankfully the game is so saturated w/ content that I cant be bothered... Its impossible to spawn on my juiced maps, unless I force it instead of something else, and when its random early in the league Its worth it just for the chance at more loot. IDK anyone that target farmed it for anything other than testing or the achievement.
Last edited by mitchbone on Mar 11, 2024, 3:49:49 PM
Ok, so a little bit of a different "spin" on Ultimatum and I have played the heck out of this league and specced into Ultimatum when my character was essentially finished and I have done hundreds and hundreds of Ultimatums.

Anyway, once you get used to it and figure out your preferred style and choice of "downsides" then it is fine IMO. The rewards are good enough as long as you run a lot of them (average returns being the key words) and have a very strong character (as I do). Now that being said it is a lot better in low tier maps and is rippy as heck on tough fully jacked red maps.

Honestly I only have two other smallish issues with it. #1 is that the Ultimatum arena often spawns in difficult locations in the map with limited mobility. #2 is that indeed the rewards at the end are often terrible and they should be bumped up (on average) a bit.
Last edited by MrWonderful99 on Mar 12, 2024, 2:04:12 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info