FLESH ZOMBIES 3.25 | Wrecker's Stress-Free Build(s) & Filters | 1-Button, HC SSF, Pure Item Freedom

"
dragomob wrote:
edit: just saw you are playing a reaper build. considering you wrote you were unhappy with it's damage output before and you have no issues currently, something must be up with my build. maybe i should switch to your reaper build to compare, though i am not sure whioch build to use, your pob and your actual settler character have very different skill setups

If it's the reaper build, you can look at my character CelticBanshee who was on top for Summon Reaper of Revenants in the HCSSF Necropolis league:

https://poe.ninja/builds/necropolishcssf/?skills=Summon+Reaper+of+Revenants

I did a slight variation to suit my playstyle, self-casting skeletons, making room for frost blink, etc.

I ended up dying in a delve, because I just don't Alt-F4.
Running heists fully zoomed in... because
"
CelticHound wrote:
"
dragomob wrote:
edit: just saw you are playing a reaper build. considering you wrote you were unhappy with it's damage output before and you have no issues currently, something must be up with my build. maybe i should switch to your reaper build to compare, though i am not sure whioch build to use, your pob and your actual settler character have very different skill setups

If it's the reaper build, you can look at my character CelticBanshee who was on top for Summon Reaper of Revenants in the HCSSF Necropolis league:

https://poe.ninja/builds/necropolishcssf/?skills=Summon+Reaper+of+Revenants

I did a slight variation to suit my playstyle, self-casting skeletons, making room for frost blink, etc.

I ended up dying in a delve, because I just don't Alt-F4.

awesome, thanks a lot. i never touched reaper before, how does the clear feel compared to single target zombies if you tried them before?

still unsure if i should go with the main reaper as in the build, reaper of revenants as in yours or both as wreckers character does
Last edited by dragomob on Aug 13, 2024, 6:44:55 AM
"
dragomob wrote:
awesome, thanks a lot. i never touched reaper before, how does the clear feel compared to single target zombies if you tried them before?

still unsure if i should go with the main reaper as in the build, reaper of revenants as in yours or both as wreckers character does

I haven't seriously played zombies in a league or two, so I can't compare. (In Settlers I'm doing Righteous Fire.)

Between the base Reaper gem and Reaper of Revenants, the difference is you get the damage of 2.1 reapers, but you lose the extra bleed damage. I'd suggest taking a look on poe.ninja to see what the top reaper players are doing now.

The big difference may be that with the base gem you are forced into the bleed/physical damage route. With reaper of revenants, you can go with chaos/poison damage scaling and take Unnatural Strength in the necro tree.

I have not tried mixing both gems to run 2+1 reapers, so I don't know if it would be annoying to maintain.
Running heists fully zoomed in... because
Hi Wrecker, really liking your Zombie build. I have a question if I may about how the Automation skill gem works in the build. I'm level 41 and have it currently in a 3-linked pair of boots with Withering Step (I don't have Steelskin yet) but it does not appear to trigger the Withering step skill at any time and the game won't let me trigger Withering step manually. Is this intentional? What is it's purpose in the build. Many thanks again.
Sorry Wrecker, ignore that post I found out Automation has to be activated off the skill tree. All solved! :D
"
"
cloudscraper wrote:
Spoiler
Sorry if it has been posted already, but would you mind adding to the build or at least posting here some "top-tier"/"endgame" equipment recommendations?
Like ways to scale damage, ways to improve survivability, recommended uniques to look forward to, and stuff like that.

I feel like that's the only thing missing... Yeah, freedom on the build, but feeling lost -when the game changes so much season after season- is a bit tough.

Enjoying the build so far, still only in my 30s.
"
cloudscraper wrote:
Spoiler
Is "Sybil's Lament" useful for reflect maps?
Hey, cloudscraper!

I'm glad you were enjoying the build. Hopefully, you still are!

The ring you mentioned is fine. You could swap it in (as long as your resists and stuff are still all right) if you didn't have the currency to re-roll maps. But the ring isn't good enough, in my opinion, to wear all the time.

In terms of your request, I hear you. When I used to write full-fledged guides I had a small section for that for sure, but to me, the guides can become too much of a hand-holding experience if all of the options are laid out before a new user. I get that it removes some of the stress of the unknown, but it also removes some of the experience. That being said, minion upgrades are straightforward but without a decent display that shows the pros and cons of each (GGG's fault).

Now that PoEPlanner has become a bit less reliable the last few leagues, I may switch over to PoB instead. That means I won't be limited (in the notes section) to a character limit when explaining things). So, I'll make it more obvious the next time I can sit down and touch up the build on paper. In the meantime, here's the order of offensive mods to look for:

- DAMAGE mods, in order of offensive power:
- 1) Chance for minions to poison. (We have 40% already. So only bother getting another 60% total.
- 2) 100% Increased Minion Damage.
- 3) +1 to Spell or Minion Gems (but increases minion life).
- For defence:
- find a shield with 20% crit reduction taken
- Lots of life
- Capped resists (chaos included)
- Good armour rolls (then quality that armour to 20%)
- Any incoming damage conversion mods (like Chaos damage applying to Armour)

Does that help at all?

Yes, really helpful!

I'm definitely enjoyin the build, started mapping yesterday after one week of vacation, now my big issue is managing to 5L my armor in SSF league :D
Wanted to leave a note here, maybe FBO others, that this build made a lot more sense to me after I realized that I had to play a little more "dangerously" than I usually do as a casual player. Normally I'd play something where I can either stand well away from the action and let my minions or totems go to work, or else run around frantically trying to avoid taking hits. Phasing into packs and then standing in the middle of the light show went against my instincts.

I have been augmenting this with a Vaal Skeles so I can target specific mobs as needed, and then have the option to press the "nuke" button when things get hairy, but maybe I can drop that as I round out my gear and gems. Certain mechanics can still overwhelm me and deal enough damage to take me out and I'm only barely into red maps.
Hi!

Just wanted to say thank you for writing this build out. I'm in my first league and used a modified version of it emphasizing more damage (since I'm not HC SSF) and it's working reasonably well in T16 so far.

QQ: do you have a sense for what T16 encounter types work best with this type of build? I've found timed ones don't work well (e.g. legion, incursion, breach) and I've been seeing some success with Strongboxes and Blight (but not blight specific maps).
"
"
MildlyClever wrote:
Spoiler
Thank you very much! I am old AND dense :)

Got one general question - how do these do in mines? I only play minion builds when I come back to PoE once a year or so, haven't done much mines, so curious.

Thanks again!
I do Delve every league and they work great. I don't stop to kill anything until I've reached my destination, but once I'm there, I enjoy the experience.

Thanks! This is a fun build.
"
Spoiler
I really would like to see your character in league that runs this build on T16 then I can find out and tell you probably.
Unfortenately, I didn't stick with the build and am having tons of fun trying out way too many different versions of Reaper builds. So I have nothing to show you. So I hope you've done well with what you've switched to. Thanks for your time! Sorry you found it a waste.
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info