FLESH ZOMBIES 3.25 | Wrecker's Stress-Free Build(s) & Filters | 1-Button, HC SSF, Pure Item Freedom

"
dragomob wrote:
"
snip

yeah, it seems rough, which is why i am scrambling to get damage increases from somewhere. the massive defenses tend to become offset by how long enemies live and even then i sometimes just died faster than petrified blood should allow for, but at least that became more rare.

i am trying to get a hungry loop and try out the carrion golem version someone posted here before or gear for a specter build or maybe even a minion instability autobomber, but i am 1 or 2 items off of them becoming functional due to playing ssf

Ya if you want to have zombies and stuff you should probably go full zoo and have at least 4 Ghastlies with Flat Phys + Chaos (dunno if minionskill recently would fit too, if yes that too) and a proper cluster-setup. That should give the build a leap.

I am now on Bama and can progress properly
TwitchTV: http://www.twitch.tv/akumanotsubasa
Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/AkumaNoTsubasa
Please use http://pobb.in for your guides instead of pastebin!
"
Hey, flipside!

For anoints something like Death Attunement is an easy one. Serpentine Spellslinger is nice if you find a way for YOU to poison. Whispers of Doom is the most expensive on the tree but for a good reason. But many of the nice minion notables you're already looking for in the cluster jewels. There's not too many options for anointing offence for minions. Revenous Horde isn't bad, but I don't think it's worth the cost.

How are you finding the minion survivability now that you've played a bit since your post?

(And thanks for all of your helpful posts!)

Survivability is much better for my minions now, they only die to rippy stuff in T16 for the most part.

Im the one that dying now :D im very squishy. that said i havent done much with my gear after i hit maps so i have upgrades to get there, and as you say Ravenous Horde isn't that good, can you recommend a defensive anoint i could swap it out with?
Excuse me, what is the point of Cast on Damage taken with Desecrate/punishment/flesh offering? None of them seem to be working since they are targeted spells.

P.S. Nevermind, I tested and they became grayed out. I had no idea CODT works with targeted spells.

I have just started (level 45), but the build feels amazing so far.
Deon from Bay12games: www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;u=12326
Deon on Steam: steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197987731931
Last edited by Maddorf on Aug 6, 2024, 8:19:39 PM
I've played with build more and cannot understand what's the point of Cast on Damage taken + Desecrate. I usually need it on boss fights myself to make offering, so it's better when it's cast from hands.
"
Maddorf wrote:
I've played with build more and cannot understand what's the point of Cast on Damage taken + Desecrate. I usually need it on boss fights myself to make offering, so it's better when it's cast from hands.

TLDR: Yes, self-casting Desecrate and Flesh Offering during boss fights can be more effective.

Wrecker makes his builds as "one-button" builds (and trying for zero-button builds!!) so everything tends to be automated with Cast when Damage Taken or Cast when Stunned. He used to have a "Why my builds are the way they are" section that explained this, and also explained why his builds never include blink or leap skills, but I don't see it now.

In the Zombie build, he has a four-link of: Cast when Damage Taken -> Desecrate -> Punishment -> Flesh Offering. So the idea is that when damage is taken, the Desecrate will be cast and then the Flesh Offering will also immediately be cast and use the new corpses. Note that this only works if the gems sockets are in the right order.

The trade-off to making those skills automatic is that you don't get to choose when they fire. I can appreciate that, because I tend to get fumble-fingered during boss fights. But if you have the ability to self-cast those (and Enduring Cry), it will work better, so go for it. Make the build your own. :)
Running heists fully zoomed in... because
Thank you for the explanation. I didn't understand the order matters (is it the order the skills are cast in?), that's why it wasn't working.

Also the build only shows 1 link from CoDT to Desecrate, it doesn't show a link to other two.

I will test it the way you explained it, thank you!
Hey wrecker, something is up with the pobb notes for the reaper, it's the notes from the flesh zombies. Just fyi.
"
Maddorf wrote:
Thank you for the explanation. I didn't understand the order matters (is it the order the skills are cast in?), that's why it wasn't working.

Also the build only shows 1 link from CoDT to Desecrate, it doesn't show a link to other two.

I will test it the way you explained it, thank you!

For the cast order, it's mentioned in the wiki (takes a little digging to find).

https://www.poewiki.net/wiki/Trigger#Trigger_order

"If multiple skills trigger simultaneously, they follow a set priority. First, skill gems in socket 1 of any piece of gear will apply before any skill gems in socket 2. Items with fewer than 6 sockets still follow this pattern from socket 1."

"For skills that are dependent on another skill (e.g. Summon Skeletons and Dark Pact), it is advised to place the dependent skill in a later socket to ensure smooth functioning."
Running heists fully zoomed in... because
Hi Wrecker!
There is something messed up with the builds, poeplanner shows only one group of skills. Righteous Bond and Flesh Zombies has this for sure.

I wanted to check which skill gem to buy and found only one gem
"
Spoiler
I gave up on the build. I was hardstuck in t9 maps. Absolutely impossible to go higher. Main reason was that the damage for the current league is extremely too low. The build would need more flat damage sources which can be scaled.
Also you need more armor or the defense crumbles.

In the end it could be a nice build but from my experience I highly doubt you are able to do any higher content with this unless you have really expensive gear.

I can see that the build could've worked in the past and the core is really nice and relaxing but not anymore I guess.
"
Spoiler
Ya if you want to have zombies and stuff you should probably go full zoo and have at least 4 Ghastlies with Flat Phys + Chaos (dunno if minionskill recently would fit too, if yes that too) and a proper cluster-setup. That should give the build a leap.

I am now on Bama and can progress properly
Sorry it didn't work out for you. It sucks to feel like you wasted your time.

For sure the build needs armour. For that reason, we have a decent armour investment in the tree.

I've been playing the build on no problem in T16+ maps with no problems, so I'm not sure where your hiccup was for your progress. But, I'm glad you found something you seem to be enjoying now! Have fun!
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info