Content Update 3.23.0 -- Path of Exile: Affliction

Haven't seen anyone in this thread aknowledge just how impactful the loss of helm enchants actually is.

Helmets are literally a breakpoint item for many build to be functional
I rely on the helm enchant to reserve all the auras I MUST have to be able to run my build
Every single league it gets harder to play my build, more expensive more stressful and it seems to not be able to keep up with power creep.

I run pure phys stone golems, with only 2 support golems.
no other minions just me and the boys.
The problem is GGG seems to absolutely hate this build.
Every single league it is nerfed despite not being meta.
Been playing the same build since harvest league I'm at 9k hours with more or less the same build and I was still having fun.
Except now it's worse and I've stopped having fun.

due to changes over the last year or two I've had to invest more and more into reservation, giving up sources of damage and my own character's survivability.

For context back in ultimatum league I was running the following auras:
-Pride
-flesh and stone
-dread banner

Since then I have had to add purity of elements AND determination just to try match my previous tankiness, only problem is, I had to drop from 7-7.5k life to 5.8-6k life in doing so while also losing 60% of my damage.
Oh and now level 5 awakened gems are mandatory for the build to still have fraction of my old damage.
The reservation was so tight that I couldn't get it to work without the lab enchant for one of my 50% auras on top of the helm having a reservation suffix and the eldritch implicit too.
To top that off I'm no longer at my phys reduction break point because the build simply isn't damaging enough to do the content if I take the primordial chain.
To make things even worse the build is mostly unique jewels and cannot function without them.... guess what GGG did, they made the jewels drop disabled and hid them behind the delve or the div card which they made harder to drop and the maps they drop in were red maps.
Seriously WTF

The requirements for builds to become functional keeps going up, while the ceiling keeps getting lower... feels like chore list:
- stun immune
- ailment immune
- bleed/ CB immune
- minimum of 5k life
- 90% phys reduction
- chaos res capped
- some defensive layer like divine flesh or transcendence
- Large regen pool

But now to add insult to injury we lose the cdr from the alt quality gem instead getting the buff effect while also losing +1 golem from anima stone
The only non conditional rule from anima stone was the +1 golem.

The reasoning in these patch notes makes no sense, "we want people to be less reliant on it" yet they haven't given an alternative, simply made it worse,like what they did with threshold jewels where they simply lied to us saying we'd get the threshold rules back but we never did.
As a player of the game I want more tools to improve my existing build not simply to be told to play a different build.

And finally the game has been an absolute mess of performance since the last patch from crucible league.
How can I be hyped if I can't even play the game.
"
Grungehog wrote:
Haven't seen anyone in this thread aknowledge just how impactful the loss of helm enchants actually is.

Helmets are literally a breakpoint item for many build to be functional
I rely on the helm enchant to reserve all the auras I MUST have to be able to run my build
Every single league it gets harder to play my build, more expensive more stressful and it seems to not be able to keep up with power creep.

pretty sure people are waiting for all the transfigured gem info to say much, very possible auras will have a transfigured version with some res. efficiency to offset the loss of helm enchants.
I wasn't sure whether to play ssf or trade in ruthless because of the "get trans. gems only in eternal lab", but when they changed it to "every lab" that's literally what I was hoping for so I don't have to play trade league and try every new gem. Great change, thanks GGG!
Everything looks amazing as usual, yepge
Poggies changes
Freezing Pulse:

No longer has 0-19% increased Projectile Speed.

Why? :(
Where is the updated changes to LA and tornado.
Love it when people with no supporter packs complain ahahahah
Last edited by Hemzokuken on Dec 3, 2023, 9:40:10 PM
"
Hemzokuken wrote:
Love it when people with no supporter packs complain ahahahah

Now i'm almost tempted to turn off the one title i'm still showing, do some complaining, wait for you to open yer yap again, and then turn them all on. Just to make you look like the d0rk you are.

Almost.

:)
"Boah, is echt lächerlich, wie schnell das hier lädt, wenn nich irgendwelche Penner mit MTX hier rumhängen."
I'm excited but so sad at the same time. I have ben WAITING for ever for them to make lightning golem good again since it was my favorite build. I feel like ball lightning of static is exactly what they should have given lightning golems an fix the cooldown rates.

I know no one will see this from GGG but I can't express how badly I want lightning golems fixed so thy are at least a contestant for end game build.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info