Content Update 3.23.0 -- Path of Exile: Affliction

"
"
3XE wrote:
"
TizeNO wrote:
Righteous Fire "No longer Deals 39-2447.9 base Fire Damage per Second. Now deals 70% of your Maximum Life and Energy Shield as Base Fire Damage per second (both previously 35%)."

Lmao so you get back that dmg with 12k life or shield which is kinda ok, but if you played RF you know that RF dealt dmg because you had lvl 27 skill gem, with which RF dealt 7167.2 base dmg hahaha
I expected nerf and was ready for it, even big one but this is like insane nerf :) You now effectively lost like80% dmg.
Anyone know how we could replace this to have decent clear speed now, is flame dash now viable to replace with something i highly doubt it but maybe?

Not idea if you are trolling?

70% of 12.000 is 8400.

With 5k Life you get 3500 fire damage, so that's around 21% more damage than before. (2447)

Time to get back to elementary school to learn basic math?

7167.2 is a level 28 RF, not level 27, so level 21 gem, +2 from amulet, +2 from scepter, +2 from empower, +1 from shield; very achievable on a moderate (10-20 div) budget. You could get a few more levels, but it starts getting a lot more expensive for just a little bit more damage; you might get a few hundred thousand more DPS where a lot of other builds would get tens or even hundreds of millions of DPS on the same investment.

That's only the gem level damage though, it's not counting the additional 35% of life and ES, which at 5k life (a typical amount) would be another 1750 base damage, bringing the total to 8917.2 base damage. That 5k life RF player will now need 12,739 life just to get their clearing skill to do the same amount of damage, all the while their single target gains nothing from that extra life and still requires investing in gem levels.

If the RF player instead had 8k life (a well above average amount), it'd instead provide an additional 2800 base damage, for a total of 9967.2 base damage. That 8k life RF player will now need 14,239 life to get their clearing skill to do the same amount of damage, and again their single target gains nothing from that type of scaling.

Realistically, someone playing RF and doing gem scaling and still managing 8k life is already doing a higher investment build and would probably have already gotten their RF to level 30 (or higher) rather than level 28, so that means an extra 2,163.4 base damage, bringing the total up to 12,130.6 base damage (for a level 30 RF with 8k life). To achieve the same damage with the change to RF, that same RF player will now need 17,329 life, and it's again worth repeating, all that life investment does nothing for their single target, it just gets their clearing skill up to where it can comfortably clear the trash.

Yea that guy bragging about math can't even use one brain cell to know that you need to do 7167.2/0,35 not 0,70 because buff was 0,35 not 0,7.

RF was having problems clearing even before that insane nerf, especially delirium. But now its totally dead skill. Its ok maybe early and mid game when the damage stays on some levels like before but after calculating +skill levels in late game its beyond trashed.
I was actually 100% sure and expected Fire Trap nerf because Fire Trap carried RF build. Balance changes on GGG sometimes makes no sense. But whatever i just hate how people respond with stupid answers and still attack you just because they think you cry about "your" build. I actually don't even care about RF i just stated something that makes zero sense.
More stronger and less white pollution screen mobs = heathier game experience.
Last edited by TizeNO on Dec 1, 2023, 8:54:39 PM
Ultimatum was meh. Bringing it back will prove to be a mistake.
"
3XE wrote:
"
MLGonthorian wrote:
"Anomalous, Divergent and Phantasmal Quality Gems have been removed from the game. Existing alternate Quality Gems now have the base Quality effect found on the respective Gem."

Awful decision. Could have just kept the alt gems, lab enchants, etc. and then add the new gems you spoke of

Why remove Metamorph?

Removing Perandus was a mistake

Removing Prophecy and Metamoprh especially were mistakes.

Prophecy allowed you to modify your maps in a somewhat deterministic way. Frogs, rats, tempests.

Perandus gave you a chance to get a unique deterministically.

Metamorph gave you more challenging mobs that you can get in a map and gave you an extra boss you can fight on top of another boss you can fight later with combining the pieces.

Removing alt gems from Heist makes no sense either. Like, why? Legitimately, why? They can't keep it on top of adding new content?

There is no reason to remove previous content considering the engine CAN handle it and the devs stated multiple times that it can. Runescape for instance has content that is still in the game that was released back in 1998.

The whole "league popularity" argument makes no sense either and sounds like another easy cop-out reason to remove content.

Like I legitimately don't understand these decisions. It's not content bloat, this is just an easy cop-out way for you to remove more content that your team would have to keep track of in upcoming updates.

It's not up to you to understand their decisions.
It's their game, they have the data, they know what the engine can or cannot do, and only they know what kind of vision they have for the game.

If you honestly cannot find anything exiting in the Affliction league, then I guess this game is no longer for you.

Time to move on perhaps?

This is your take? So when everyone else who play the game are also scratching their heads and are confused as to why they are getting rid of genuine good game systems, are all of these people also delusional and can't question anything? If your claim is that people who play their game should have no say or opinion, why should they have this game public in the first place? Close the game and have the game only available for Chris, Jonathan, and the others on the dev team if this is your outlook.

By the way, in games like Runescape, there's players polls every month where players who actually fund and give money to the developers, have choices as to whether something gets implemented or removed from the game. Instead, on this platform, we get polls as to which MTX looks best for them to put out so that they can profit most from people who find it most aesthetic. Let that sink in.

Also, I don’t play leagues. I view that as something reserved for beta testers & masochists. If I was forced to start over with a new league every 6 months, I would’ve quit the game a long time ago. I play Standard where there’s decent gear left to play with. For now at least until they decide to remove player power from Standard players too.
🔷🔶🔰🌀✨Standard>Leagues✨🌀🔰🔶🔷
🔷🔶🔰🌀✨Make trade like the Grand Exchange from RuneScape✨🌀🔰🔶🔷

Let us zoom out more. Bring back: 32:9, Heist Alt Quality Gems, Sextants, Gear Enchanting, Prophecy, Perandus, Metamorph, Scourge, Sentinel, Kalandra & Crucible. Stop removing content from the game.
Re all the arguments over Righteous Fire,just check out CaptainLance9 on YouTube, who will explain why you are wrong far better than I can.
The builds it is beast played on have changed, and It will likely benefit very strongly from the newly reworked Simplex amulet they just instroduced.
As far as hes concerned it's actually a large buff.
Last edited by Ruddski on Dec 1, 2023, 9:51:55 PM
"
Ruddski wrote:
Re all the arguments over Righteous Fire,just check out CaptainLance9 on YouTube, who will explain why you are wrong far better than I can.
The builds it is beast played on have changed, and It will likely benefit very strongly from the newly reworked Simplex amulet they just instroduced.
As far as hes concerned it's actually a large buff.

CaptainLance is not the only person who understands RF builds. He happens to like the change because the way he builds RF is with Ivory Tower these days. His build was good, and he is a brilliant player. But that doesn't mean his take is the correct opinion. After all, he blasted hinekora as the worst node ever - that didn't age well for him. Hinekora was incredibly powerful and fun.

The thing I dislike about most of his builds, is they rely on coruscating elixir. Not a fan of any build that relies on flasks for defence, as once you nullify flask charges the character dies. Certainly you can build around it, but to each their own. Additionally, I don't like the idea of the body armour being locked in with ivory tower. I think without ivory tower, the gem is probably going to be weaker overall for RF and will likely provide less freedom in gearing choices. If you really look deep into this, you will see just how constrained the build is. Not a lot of flexibility at all. You must have several pieces of gear that are mandatory.

The fact is, this is purely opinion as to whether you like the way the new gem scales vs the old way. It comes down to how you build your character. I don't think anyone has claimed you can't build it differently, but you lose a lot utility by this change. I mean, do you want to use legacy of fury with no life? Trade off for clear now. Do you want to use Mageblood? Then no lif. Basically you have to pick between utility and stacking life. Not a fan. But, I am open to seeing the creative things people will do to work around it. The old way had a lot of flexibility with what gear you could use in various slots. I fear this new way is going to lock people in to gearing a very specific way and not leaving room for extra flexibility. But again, who knows, maybe we will see something different, or maybe the transmogrify will allow us to get it back to how it was. That is my preference - to allow someone to play it the new way vs the old way.
Last edited by ArchAngelGabe777 on Dec 1, 2023, 11:45:16 PM
I'm confused. Patch notes and information say that you can craft Transfigured Gem in "Eternal Labyrinth". Eternal Labyrinth is a level 75 Labyrinth.

However, in the Q&A, it was said that Transfigured Gem can be obtained even in the lowest level Labyrinth.

What is correct? Could it be that "The Lord's Labyrinth" was incorrectly written as "Eternal Labyrinth" in the Patch Note and Information?
"
I'm confused. Patch notes and information say that you can craft Transfigured Gem in "Eternal Labyrinth". Eternal Labyrinth is a level 75 Labyrinth.

However, in the Q&A, it was said that Transfigured Gem can be obtained even in the lowest level Labyrinth.

What is correct? Could it be that "The Lord's Labyrinth" was incorrectly written as "Eternal Labyrinth" in the Patch Note and Information?

I can confirm this. You can find the Q&A on Twitch, https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1991430288 and starting at 02:42:45 timestamp. Mark says that you can start getting these at lvl 30, which means the FIRST LAB.

So, which one is it?

EDIT: AND he even says that the option to get these Trans-gems is ALWAYS there, so which to me means ALL LABS, not just the first or the last one.
Last edited by Yorkki on Dec 2, 2023, 12:12:43 AM
It's either a huge nerf to almost all existing skill gems by removing lab enchants or I didn't quite understand what's going on.

Basically lab enchants migrated to basic quality of a gem, removing previous quality effects. New gems are not all out yet, as usual, even in patch notes.

Some skills got nerfed again, barely any buffed, good uniques nerfed, nothing useful been buffed, and those that has been, would not become useful with these so called "buffs".

As usual, nerfs by 60%, buffs by 5%. How many years are we waiting for build diversity by buffs now?
"
Possibly the greatest path of exile patch.

Certainly the greatest bait in the history of path of exile, when it comes to making the community think there has been a significant meta shakeup; and people are falling for it.

Deadeye, Pathfinder, Tornado Shot, Lightning Arrow, Enraged strongbox, Ambush map device, Crimson Temple, here we go again... GGG's refusal to both nerf and buff outlier skills and ascendancies is baffling, and so is people's acceptance of said fact.

Sigh, won't be expecting anything from GGG moving onwards.
Affliction and Necropolis are the worst leagues ever to exist. The current game design and direction is atrocious.
what is the fuss about all the alernate quality gems I dont get it. Except a few there were no game breaking insane dps increasing alternate quality gems. Stop crying. It's your fault if your build was functioning based on precise numbers you worked so hard to perfect over POB. This is certainly a huge buff overall for the jack of all trades players. and a well deserved nerf for the elite. If you are so elite in this game you will figure out so stop crying. Oh of course those who were too lazy to work their brains and just copy pasta the elite builds are fucked too but that's well deserved too.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info