time for 20% death penalty

"
jsuslak313 wrote:
all credit to chatgpt....which seems to have an oddly specific and wide knowledge of PoE lore

All credit to poe reddit, where chatgpt was born :)
Last edited by Echothesis on Mar 1, 2024, 2:13:55 AM
"
Nomancs wrote:
Power creep is insane, glass cannons are more popular than ever (and lets be honest - no one with at least minimum skill and not random build care about portals) so GGG it is about time to change death penalty to 20%.

Ultimate solution: death on any mode is voiding your PoE account. Not your character - full account. If you play on Steam then full Steam account is voided including other games ofc. Will this satisfy you?
"
Ultimate solution: death on any mode is voiding your PoE account. Not your character - full account. If you play on Steam then full Steam account is voided including other games ofc. Will this satisfy you?

Shit, this would be tense like holy. I am IN.
"End of March makes 3 months and 21 days which is almost 4 months and not 3 1/2, get your math right hoho."
"
starczek wrote:
"
Nomancs wrote:
Power creep is insane, glass cannons are more popular than ever (and lets be honest - no one with at least minimum skill and not random build care about portals) so GGG it is about time to change death penalty to 20%.

It should take actual money from your bank account when you die and use it to mail you obscene literature at work.
"
starczek wrote:

Gaben comes to your house personally and slaps the shit out of you.

Seriously though, I think the death penalty is fine as it is now. I disliked it at first, but then I've grown to appreciate it. I don't play hardcore so that threat of xp loss gives a nice amount of tension in the later levels without the ridiculous scenario of being one-shotted and restarting the whole game from the beginning. I'm not...hardcore enough for that. I wouldn't mind if maybe the 20% penalty could be implemented at level 99, but a lot of people would flip out.

Restricting portals is a terrible idea due to crashes, disconnects, loot hauling etc.
"
Mmmannn wrote:

(…)

That would be legendary moment. On the other hand, imagine how skinny Lord Gaben will be after visiting so many houses.

GGG, -20% is needed.
Biggest compliments for my crafted items - "bs, they must have been RMT'ed"

I'm disabled, I have rare case of semperduravera, so I can write things that may look rude, but it is because of disability - I'm forced to tell truth using words you may not like.
"
Nomancs wrote:
"
Mmmannn wrote:

(…)

That would be legendary moment. On the other hand, imagine how skinny Lord Gaben will be after visiting so many houses.

GGG, -20% is needed.

he's gonna be wheeled in by an intern by the time he's done lmao
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/artcrusader
"
Echothesis wrote:
"
jsuslak313 wrote:
all credit to chatgpt....which seems to have an oddly specific and wide knowledge of PoE lore

All credit to poe reddit, where chatgpt was born :)

You say this and it reminds me of a time when I posted the idle speculation that SOME of the bad faith hate pile going on over there might be chat/misinformation bot training to see how authentic they could get their bots posts.

I was immediately told by a couple people that I was being unhinged and delusional. When I tried to explain that they must not be very aware of whats going on with AI at the time they doubled down.

This was something like a month before the big ChatGPT reveal.

Strangely I never got an apology from them.

On topic: I could totally go for 20% penalty but GGG would have to do something about the genre worst time to live balance of the game.
"only 10% of players care about melee" - Aesop's Fox if he was a GGG dev
"when you die in this game, typically you're getting one shot, you're dieing in one frame; almost always" -Ben_
Last edited by alhazred70 on Mar 6, 2024, 9:23:00 PM
bump
Biggest compliments for my crafted items - "bs, they must have been RMT'ed"

I'm disabled, I have rare case of semperduravera, so I can write things that may look rude, but it is because of disability - I'm forced to tell truth using words you may not like.
The last thing this game needs is more "You can't have fun unless you are miserable 99.5% of the time" design decisions.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info