time for 20% death penalty

Because you refuse to, not because there isn't.
Ruthless should be [Removed by Support].
Last edited by AdRonZh3Ro on Oct 16, 2023, 6:14:00 AM
If there would be a single one I bet you would give it already - but there is none. 20% exp on death will solve plenty of problems.
Biggest compliments for my crafted items - "bs, they must have been RMT'ed"

I'm disabled, I have rare case of semperduravera, so I can write things that may look rude, but it is because of disability - I'm forced to tell truth using words you may not like.
If there would be a single one I bet you would give it already - but there is none. 20% exp on death will solve nothing.
"
AdRonZh3Ro wrote:
If there would be a single one I bet you would give it already - but there is none. 20% exp on death will solve nothing.

"
Nomancs wrote:
Power creep is insane, glass cannons are more popular than ever (and lets be honest - no one with at least minimum skill and not random build care about portals) so GGG it is about time to change death penalty to 20%.

I'm disabled, I have rare case of semperduravera, so I can write things that may look rude, but it is because of disability - I'm forced to tell truth using words you may not like.
"
Nomancs wrote:
If there would be a single one I bet you would give it already - but there is none. 20% exp on death will solve plenty of problems.

"
masskillers wrote:
For all these tryhard Masochists, theres something called ruthless and hardcore. Go play that rather than ask for your deranged desires in the base game.

"
Baharoth15 wrote:
Better not. Veteran players might think it's too easy to make 100 at this point but 9 out 10 players struggle to level past 90 so for the vast majority of people the bar is too high rather than too low.

As for the glass cannon topic, increasing XP penalty isn't going to solve it. There are plenty of ways to level safely to 100 even as a glass cannon, the XP penalty doesn't matter if you don't die anyway. If GGG wanted to stop glass cannons roaming supreme there are much better ways to so.
Plus if you are sick of SC glass cannon meta you can always go and play a zdps tank build in white tier 16 maps with logout macro at the ready for the real "hardcore" experience.

"
vio wrote:
yeah, how do you punish players without them feeling punished or being discouraged to go on.
in this regard, a 20% penalty would be hard, i rather like the ruthless implementation of bosses recovering health if you fuck up the fight.

but back to the xp penalty: players are levelling to 100 easily in safe groups doing legion runs or whatever.
this needs fixing cause there should be only one: safe xp or great rewards. why do players get massive xp and items for their solely purpose of buffing the one who deals damage without taking any risks?

"
Toforto wrote:
Honestly the exp penalty is just annoying and pointless, losing portals is already enough of a punishment in this game. And losing all your portals to a boss invitation loses you SO much time and currency too, just delete the exp penalty and the people who want pain can just go play hc ssf ruthless.

I don't care either way though, I'm playing my 200 mil dps zhp zero defences glass-cannon totem build that can melt ubers and any boss, I've died over 300 times and only got to lvl95 with normal mapping, now I'm almost 99 and aiming for 100 from only running Sanctum all day. The bosses give lots of exp, leveled several sets of gems to 20 already.

So even if the exp penalty was 20% players like me would just buy a 5-way carry or do sanctum all day lol. Can't die if I delete the boss in 0.1 seconds and don't let it do a single mechanic or attack.

"
sidtherat wrote:
if you want 20% - after your char gets killed, just die another time. voila, -20% and you didnt even need to download a patch. restartless hotfix, just for you
Since the glass cannon thing seems to be your only argument, how about some prove that a higher death penalty would actually do something about it? Or at least a single plausible argument.

Because fact of the matter is we have 10% penalty and xp needed for level up past 98 is immense already and yet there are thousands of glasscannons making level 100 every league. Why is that? You literally can't make it to hundred if you die every 10 maps, nevermind more.

The fact that you refuse to acknowledge is that people don't care how high the penalty is if they don't die anyway and you won't be going for the 100 grind if there is even a minuscule chance of you dying even now.

You probably made hundred paying for 5 ways or the like yourself so i doubt it would have any sort of effect on your own progression. Or are you going to tell me that you got there farming full juiced 100% deli maps, simulacrums and uber bosses? If so i'd like some vids of you doing that.
Last edited by Baharoth15 on Oct 16, 2023, 6:43:21 AM
"
AdRonZh3Ro wrote:

"
masskillers wrote:
For all these tryhard Masochists, theres something called ruthless and hardcore. Go play that rather than ask for your deranged desires in the base game.

"
sidtherat wrote:
if you want 20% - after your char gets killed, just die another time. voila, -20% and you didnt even need to download a patch. restartless hotfix, just for you

Those are one of my fav quotes so far. Do you think those ideas solve it on grand scale?

"
Baharoth15 wrote:

Because fact of the matter is we have 10% penalty and xp needed for level up past 98 is immense already and yet there are thousands of glasscannons making level 100 every league. Why is that? You literally can't make it to hundred if you die every 10 maps, nevermind more.

Yes, it will slow down leveling if someone will die too often. That is the point.

"
Baharoth15 wrote:
You probably made hundred paying for 5 ways or the like yourself so i doubt it would have any sort of effect on your own progression.

You will have to make a topic about 5way if you want to discuss it in details.

"
Nomancs wrote:

Yes, it will slow down leveling if someone will die too often. That is the point.

Except it doesn't because there plenty of ways to cheat past it that everyone is using already. Unless those cheats are dealt with first you have no basis whatsoever.

Also really interesting how you are dodging my question. Guess that means i hit the nail on the head. Bitching about leveling being too easy while abusing 5 ways for leveling. That's some first rate hyprocrisy there, gz.
Again, you would have to make a topic about 5way leveling, I may support you there.

You are the one saying leveling is too easy. If you really cared about that instead of just wanting to flex then making a topic about 5 ways getting removed is what you should have done first. This topic here is utterly pointless until 5 ways and other "alternative methods" are out of the way.
Last edited by Baharoth15 on Oct 16, 2023, 7:17:03 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info