3.22.1b Patch Notes (restartless)

So the crashing problem persists.

I am playing (trying to play actually, but it is non viable now) on Linux (Ubuntu 22.04) via Steam, and it was simply perfect. I had not a single issue like this... until this league arrived (actually I didn't play 3.21...) but up to 3.20 it all was fine.

Well, now I'm stuck at Prison, and I noticed the crash happens on the very first attack I receive specifically from the skeleton arc/electric archer. (Looks like its literally one shot one kill for the game's client).

(I tried changing from Vulkan to DirectX11 and the game also crashes instantly. Which makes me wonder, what if some effects on the game, are trying to call a DirectX file/API/whatever instead of a Vulkan one, even the game configured to use Vulkan...)
Last edited by xgotardim on Sep 13, 2023, 6:28:37 AM
Particle performance is hardly efficient. On RTX3060, my cold dot character has 60 fps (capped) in combat, and my ice spear coc has less than 30 fps as soon as combat starts and all those projectiles appear. Needless to say this same build worked on better fps before particle system change.
I dont know what GGG did,but this patch add lagspikes to my game...
STUPID BEAST
Do you lose all your gear if you die in tota? Nope.

Hence +1 to AG not losing gear if it dies. It is very expensive to re-do AG. No1 else needs to pay for tota (except league currency obviously), so why should AG.
"
ERROR502 wrote:
I dont know what GGG did,but this patch add lagspikes to my game...

Same for me
"
"

If somebody else will say this is STABLE performance - get OUT from your hideouts and play the REAL game, first of all. Don’t ever speak for everyone whether this has been fixed globally or not, thank you in advance!

Your shaders are compiling, just wait for them to finish.

I understand you tried to help with this quote, but they're actually NOT. I already ran more than a 1000 Dunes and if you combine league-mechanics together (that's what I did last league too and had no issues with that in compare to what I see now) - it's DEAD. This bar is jumping ONLY in some scenarios, it's not constant, so don't think something like I dont know something what I'm talking about in general. It's just bugged af for me and for a lot of my friends/other users too.
"
blinddog wrote:

Some of us have been waiting for 3+ weeks now... How long does it take? :p

I think there's a misconception about shader compiling. It's not a start once end completely process. When your game sees a new particle, object, monster etc. it will start compiling shaders for that asset. This will go on until, well, practically nothing new is seen anymore.

Now GGG could make a force compile everything option, then maybe we wait 6-7 hours without doing anything, and then things could run smoothly. Or, they could do it at the HQ, release compiled shaders for DX11, DX12, Vulkan respectively in a downloadable format as well, as to why they won't, I don't know.

But what they did when the game changed was literally wipe out ALL the previously compiled shaders, that has accumulated since you first installed the game. It is definitely going to be a lengthy process, as it is.

What I wish is GGG releases a force compile or downloadable pre-compiled shaders, but what I/we can do for now is basically to keep F1 open for performance graphs, if I see the shader graph constantly topping the green bar, wait until it completes, then continue the map basically.
"
bvanharjr wrote:
"
c0mrademisha wrote:
Nice, but same question as always, when is the performance fix..? It's been over 7 weeks and it's still uplayable

Performance was fixed with 3.22.0, and again with 3.22.1. It's 100% stable now.

Lol, no.

In 3.21 I needed 5s to load a map and now it varies between 20s and 45s... So you can't say it's stable now.
Just let me disable particles and shadows god dammit. Waiting for months and we got nothing, I just wanna play the game. Sadge.
"
When your game sees a new particle, object, monster etc. it will start compiling shaders for that asset. This will go on until, well, practically nothing new is seen anymore.

This should not take weeks, nor should it happen every time you exit Lioneye's Watch in Act 1 even though it's your 30th character, nor should it freeze the game for 15 seconds each time it happens.
It is not the normal shader compilation after an update.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info