3.21.2b Patch Notes

Deleting shader cache won't do a darn thing when the game accesses all accessible renderer options at the same time, in tandem.

Tested as of 5 minutes ago, and found now.
Last edited by bvanharjr on Jul 30, 2023, 6:14:26 AM
Deleting shader cache and increasing shader cache limit to 10GB in NVIDIA control panel worked for me. It basically takes longer to load stuff for the first time, when you've already loaded it however; it'll reach for the shader file and wouldn't take as long. Base limit of shader cache for Nvidia is 1GB, which is reaaallly low for all games combined. So I increased it to 10. Shader performance graph still spikes when loading something new, but it gets increasingly better the more it loads.
Another solution is limiting your CPU usage. Yes, sounds stupid, but it worked. Basically POE might take over all of your CPU if you leave it at 100%, leaving no room for other programs to work, causing the lag.
I have 1650 and i510300, and it works a lot better now that I've optimized it a bit. Still getting lag spikes for juiced packs and gigantic yellow glowing clusters of mobs, but hey, 70% of the time, the game worked fine.
Need to get Tier 5 Crucible armor set before league's end. No time to grind OSRS smh.
"
ziipher wrote:

Looking over the page there are less than 100 people posting to GGG about their technical problems.

Weird right? You would figure the support page would have threads with 50+ pages if it was affecting a large group of people. I guess no one really wishes to have their client working as they need it to be.

this guy is HILARIOUS!
theres plenty of people here complaining about the problem.
theres even a guy in a guild with 140 people claiming that MAJORITY of them suffers from the same problem....and yet

ziipher: nuh uh.They wont make another patch because 99.9% of the base have no issues.

it really baffles me.
i thought people who played POE are good at math as well.
well....i guess thats not always the case.LOL!
Stop feeding the troll then. You guys keep feeding him, he will keep coming.

Anyway, I can't believe that the forced installation of a patch requires players to read pages of reports to find out they have to go dig into C: and look for folders to find temp, sometimes hidden files, deleting them, managing video card driver specific options, and having to replay all campaign areas/all maps for hours to be able to enjoy the game again. And BTW this is only player's feedback, nothing has been said by GGG on that matter.
EDIT: And it's not even sure all that will fix the problems.

I have never seen that in thirty years of gaming, it has some unfortunate timing for sure, but putting people's computers at risk with crazy CPU loads like that, and just ignoring less fortunate/wealthy players completely is another insane move from a videogame company, especially from GGG who always been a model for anyone else and not used to shady AAA moves like that.

Very sad to see this happening and watching the game, years after years, just ostracizing a specific group of players, maybe the same one who have been supporting GGG since day one and help them grow in the first place.

As I said already, this was the last nail in the coffin, you won't get anything else from me. Was about to close on reaching 10k hours on Steam (not counting closed and open betas obviously) but I guess it is not gonna happen after all.
https://www.youtube.com/user/PeipeMasta
Last edited by DjParagon on Jul 30, 2023, 9:55:56 AM
"
lordzelzard wrote:
"
ziipher wrote:

Looking over the page there are less than 100 people posting to GGG about their technical problems.

Weird right? You would figure the support page would have threads with 50+ pages if it was affecting a large group of people. I guess no one really wishes to have their client working as they need it to be.

this guy is HILARIOUS!
theres plenty of people here complaining about the problem.
theres even a guy in a guild with 140 people claiming that MAJORITY of them suffers from the same problem....and yet

ziipher: nuh uh.They wont make another patch because 99.9% of the base have no issues.

it really baffles me.
i thought people who played POE are good at math as well.
well....i guess thats not always the case.LOL!

If u consider a POE player the player that only does acts and white maps without alching. Then sure, look at his gear.
Last edited by Rex_Inferno on Jul 30, 2023, 10:05:38 AM
I don’t know what they wanted to improve there, but it’s the fault of ggg, before the patch I watched a stable 120 fps in afk mode, but in big skirmishes the fps squandered a lot, but not like now...
Now I have at best 80 fps in afk mode, but the graph jumps like crazy...
I found a small problem that fixes the jumps... but this is not a solution!
multi core enable

multi core disabled

as you can see, my graph became stable after disabling multi-core, and I don't see such problems in more than one game... Therefore, it's stupid to look for problems on your part when everything is stable!
And given the fact that an exile con is currently underway, we will not see a solution to the problem in the coming days, because everyone is "very busy"
Last edited by poe2smurf on Jul 30, 2023, 10:22:51 AM
Kirov reporting:

Rogue's Harbour is a same. FPS drops to 3-5 frames, i think it's because of other players. Endless loading screen. Maps works fine, fast loads.
I have a potato PC but the game works well before the patch (a few freezes at times). but now it's unplayable. I tried the solutions posted here. Nvidia settings, emptying shader caches, all the solutions but nothing. I am currently in 800x600 to be a minimum playable while I could in 1920x1080 before. And for the jokers who say change pc, we do not have a whole ton of money to throw out the window. Each expense is calculated to be able to finish the month and eat. So be compassionate towards those who are not as lucky as you. sorry for my bad english
From a joyful, flawless performance to "playable". stutters, fps-drops to 1 digit opening legions, a few crashes, random loading times from super fast to 30 seconds and so on.
Updating the engine with a 6gb patch may cause problems. But what I find very strange is the iron curtain when it comes to communication from ggg´s side - to that point forum trolls are blaming players. It has been a bad week for a lot of exiles so start talking, for heaven´s sake.
nothing interesting here
just casual pray for good ending for potato pc users

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info