3.21.2 Patch Notes (restartless)

my processor began to load at 80-90% and the video card became under 100%, it sometimes crashes with errors, the memory accessed the memory, etc. will the optimization be fixed or can I quit the game?
Anyone else getting this with the Steam client on a Mac? After patching, it'll just let me know that there's a patch to download when attempting to log in.

"There has been a patch that you need to update to. Please restart Path of Exile."

Ends up in a constant loop of validating files before launching PoE.
Last edited by stangrila on Jul 24, 2023, 2:04:04 PM
Before patch 3.21.2

DX11 - was good, a bit spiky/laggy on loading after entering the map for first few seconds.
DX12 - kinda meh, was playable, but DX11 was much better
VULCAN - was smoothest, no spikes and lags when entering the map, but problem up to 2 times longer loading screens when entering map/hideout. I could hear sounds in the map, but still was on loading screen for 2s, that was supper annoying.
So played on DX11.

After patch 3.21.2

DX11 - almost unplayable - lags/spikes even in hideout.
DX12 - smooth, good, no lags/spikes.
VULCAN - good, but DX12 feel a bit better. No more twice as long loading screens anymore.

RTX 2070 super, i7-9700K CPU
Last edited by eedve on Jul 24, 2023, 11:45:40 AM
"
eedve wrote:
Before patch 3.21.2

DX11 - was good, a bit spiky/laggy on loading after entering the map for first few seconds.
DX12 - kinda meh, was playable, but DX11 was much better
VULCAN - was smoothest, no spikes and lags when entering the map, but problem up to 2 times longer loading screens map/hideout. So played on DX11.

After patch 3.21.2

DX11 - almost unplayable - lags/spikes even in hideout.
DX12 - smooth, good, no lags/spikes.
VULCAN - good, good time on loading screens, but D12 runs better.

RTX 2070 super

lag spkikes/longer loading depends on CPU not GPU, what is your CPU? (dx12(beta) still works incorrect, Engine have problems with multithreading, this Patch on DX12 its realy works better(before was lag spikes and high load 40%+ in HO, now 5ms stable 20-25% load)
Obviously on DX11 will be still lag spikes. On Vulcan very long loading ( 20 sec from SSD) I have 13100f
I was suffer 4 leagues in a raw - now its fine(little longer loading) on DX12, finally

1070-1660 gtx is enough gor 1080p max settings
Last edited by KoTLIIpeguHrePa on Jul 24, 2023, 11:48:54 AM
"
skjutengris wrote:

I suspect people need to upgrade their computers a bit especially for poe2
game is changing

No issues for me, runs better actually.
4k, dx12 win 11 7800x3d and a 6700xt

2k, dx12 or 11, win10, i5 13400, 6650xt, 32GB and a NVMe SSD, I don't feel I need any upgrade for a game like POE.

Everything was smooth right before the patch with max settings.
The game is unplayable now (I mean, death caused by massive lag spikes comes with every dense mob groups), even in LOW settings.

No, it is not a players' hardware issue. I don't think so, no.
Last edited by Toleda on Jul 24, 2023, 11:44:14 AM
The game no longer launches for me (Linux). No errors whatsoever.
looking really smooth for me now. On maxed out settings in T16 delerium map I was sustaining around 45 fps, previously it would drop down to <10 fps a lot of times.

rtx 3080 gpu
ryzen 5600 cpu
S L O W E R
Last edited by ampdecay on Jul 24, 2023, 11:52:30 AM
how do i update poe? kinda new but when i open it and just tells me the same thing, to restart it which is what i did over and over
5800x3D watercooled [Arctic 280mm]
1080TI
16GB 4400Mhz
SSD m2

Before:
stable 72 fps everywhere [only juiced blighted maps were an issue+ 100% delirium]

Now:
I am in town, act 10- already fps drops + 82oC on my cpu
"
how do i update poe? kinda new but when i open it and just tells me the same thing, to restart it which is what i did over and over

If you run Steam client i suggest restarting entire steam so he will detect the new update. but i do not recommend ;D old version were much better

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info