Blizzard is so out of touch with the concept of "hack and slash"

Not really getting what this thread is doing here in General Discussion? If it would be a comparison between PoE and D4 fine, but what do I, as a solemn PoE player, care at all if Blizz is out of touch with anything?

Put that stuff in off-topic, where it belongs. If I wanted to read D4 news I'd go in THEIR Forums.
"
Gopstop22 wrote:
I been playing Diablo 4 for a while i didnt spend my own money on the game but my brother bought it so i play from his account anyway apparently blizzard is nerfing every single dungeon in diablo 4 where was high denisity of monsters blizzard doesnt realize that in hack and slash rpg games you are suppose to kill bunch of monsters on your screen becuz its fun and satisfying and you get loot explosion but not in diablo 4 they want you to kill 5 monsters on screen at a time and kill 1-2 rare elites per dungeon it is crazy how out of touch they are with their game and the sad part is diablo 4 will have several times more active playerbase with their sorry state of the game than PoE 2 with their 100x times more endgame content

d4 Game is a turd.
horrible gameplay.
dont buy and wait for path of exile 2
I want my money back blizzard
"
Destructodave wrote:

WoW was such a cultural phenomenon I believe most/some of those celebrities actually played WoW for a bit.

William Shatner and Mr. T? Yeah nah. I know a certain generation of celebrity did play it or other nerdiness (Vin Diesel is well known to have played a lot of D and D; Cavill is the world's most famous cosplayer) but boomers and the silent generation, not so much.

As for Whoopi, who knows. Celebs are people too. Just because you have a lot of money (or seem to) doesn't mean you can't enjoy or even get addicted to fairly pleb pastimes. There's probably a good hour or two of a clickhole on the matter of low key celeb geekiness into which I may fall sooner or later.

I'm failing not to cringe at the weirdly antiquated "non-gaming-related woman" though. What a hilarious bundle of assumptions. Apparently lack of overt precedent is the same as extremely unlikely. I reckon all things being equal, Whoopi having played a Diablo game is more likely than Shatner playing anything. I mean the dude is a big...big horse nerd.

Okay so I googled the Whoopi thing. If she says she played other Diablo games on Mac and is annoyed that IV isn't, I can believe that. Who would pay her to take that stance? Seems pretty personal an opinion to me. Not like she was just shilling the game. Non-gaming-related woman. Give me a fuckin' break. Not everyone has to show their power level 24/7. Especially when they have already proven themselves in other ways.
The name says it all.
Last edited by 鬼殺し on Jun 15, 2023, 5:01:08 AM
as someone who likes diablo 4 significantly more than d3, i would say d4 is not meant for POE audience.

their audience are parent gamers who have a small amount of time to game. it also is a great game to buy as a present.

its a commercial success.

its really not meant to satisfy any POE-er's needs.

i did get it and i did enjoy it.

but i have to accept it for what it is. i cant compare to poe.

d4 is truly a game to chill
[Removed by Support]
"
Better stay away from POE and LE too.... They nerf too and people hate on them like you are doing on D4 lol

they nerf only AFTER league the only times they nerf mid league is when they find something extremely game breaking what wasnt intended to work that way the only thing i can think of is delirium league how aura effect increased tailwind effect but they dont nerf usually builds mid league and they have never nerfed mob denisity in PoE
Last edited by Gopstop22 on Jun 15, 2023, 11:21:35 AM
hoho parent gamers made me chuckle not gonna lie.
-Official Forum Dweller-
-I started the hoho movement-
-Exploit Early - Exploit Often-
-Moderators are absurd and OP-
"
xPiranha wrote:

on the subreddit, there are alot of parent gamers sitting on high horses dissing "hardcore/nolifers" for wanting the game to have a better end game/to be better.

someone on reddit said d4 is very frontloaded. i cant agree more.

it still aint a bad game just it aint poe. chris was right when he said theres a place for diablo and poe to coexist.

and yeah a lot of "parent gamers" are circle jerking themselves about how absolutely grand D4 is while shitting on no lifers.
[Removed by Support]
"
exsea wrote:
"
xPiranha wrote:

on the subreddit, there are alot of parent gamers sitting on high horses dissing "hardcore/nolifers" for wanting the game to have a better end game/to be better.

someone on reddit said d4 is very frontloaded. i cant agree more.

it still aint a bad game just it aint poe. chris was right when he said theres a place for diablo and poe to coexist.

and yeah a lot of "parent gamers" are circle jerking themselves about how absolutely grand D4 is while shitting on no lifers.

Meh that's a pretty awful take on casual gamers.

To call D4 front-loaded a week out of launch, when season 1 hasn't even started, is such an obtuse argument. You were here when PoE came out of closed beta, it's nothing like that now. Its an absurd premise. This is the beginning, not the end, for D4. The game is super solid, runs fabulous, and has almost zero bugs. Some balance tweaks to be sure, but that was inevitable. This launch, given the scope, is nothing short of miraculous. If you don't like it, it's cool, but have some perspective.

And quite frankly, the no-life 20 somethings living at home, clocking 100hr per week gaming times, will never be satisfied... with anything. They will blow through content in 15h+ gaming sessions in a week, and then complain there isn't anything to do. Sorry bro you finished the game, thats it. Come back when there is more. Or don't.

When did we actually jump the shark that having a life outside gaming makes you a "parent gamer". How utterly sad for the younger generation.

It's like a meme a saw last league on PoE subreddit. It was just a brief 4 panel picture animation about this guy's parents at 25, having jobs, getting married, buying a house and starting a family. He at 25 is smoking weed in the basement theory crafting on PoB and his character goes brrrrr. And this was a positive post. What a time to be alive.

Edit: like this: https://www.reddit.com/r/diablo4/comments/149zeka/most_of_you_need_a_reality_check_hot_takes_from/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=android_app&utm_name=androidcss&utm_term=1&utm_content=share_button
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
Last edited by DarthSki44 on Jun 15, 2023, 2:05:42 PM
god reddit is hilarious sometimes.

Spoiler
had to leave a hoho while I read that.

-Official Forum Dweller-
-I started the hoho movement-
-Exploit Early - Exploit Often-
-Moderators are absurd and OP-
Last edited by xPiranha on Jun 15, 2023, 2:28:04 PM
Definitely hoho in this case
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info