I've got a theory -- GGG is trying to get rid of most of us.

they dont care people , my build bug i posted and no any answer, we are just trash for them ? so many people leave this game due to nerf . all nerf, i dont understand what they thinking. i spend so many money because i love this game, but they don't love us ? they hurts me every patches about nerf.
im sure that a lots of people leave this game. and will much more when d4 come out
Last edited by sivagorn on Apr 19, 2023, 5:08:10 PM
Chris got so much cash from Tencent, I seriously doubt he cares if we all quit. He'll die a very, very wealthy man regardless.
they dont care if people leave because they know people will come back for poe2 and thats all they care about now. sometimes i wish there was no poe2 because the quality of the current game would be so much better,and who knows when it will even come. they have been teasing us with it since 2019
Last edited by Lyutsifer665 on Apr 19, 2023, 5:17:29 PM
Amazing the number of mind-readers on this thread. They all know, with absolute certainty, the thoughts and motivations of GGG devs, and it's all churning darkness in those brainpans, apparently. =9[.]9=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
Last edited by Raycheetah on Apr 19, 2023, 6:56:21 PM
Of course, you want non-paying players to leave the game. They don't pay server bills or developer salaries. That's the point of f2p games. Give an edge to paying customers (e.g., stash tabs) and make life difficult for non-paying ones. Some will still sink time in PoE without tabs, but they are a minor nuisance.
"
ZazenSatori wrote:
He'll die a very, very wealthy man regardless.

Eh, he's got plenty of time to lose it yet.

And no wealth ever comes without cost.

Doesn't he sound...tired to you?

"
DoubleU wrote:
I will be playing PoE until they turn the lights out.

I miss that. OTOH I'd rather feel that way about shit that really matters to me than a game that gives so little back and isn't even really made 'for me'. There is virtually no intersection between the sorts of games I enjoy and whatever PoE is now. So for me the lights went out a while ago, I suppose you could say. I wish it were as neat as the moment GGG stopped being owned-and-operated locally, but that sort of neatness belongs in fiction, not real life. In real life, everything is a matter of degrees and gradation. Erosion rather than landslide. Suffocation rather than immolation.

Where DS44 sees toxic positivity in your affirmation (and toxic positivity is a real thing), I see someone content with their lot and comfortable with their relationship with a pastime. I doubt you will be playing PoE until they turn the lights out (because the lights usually stay on well after the players are given the boot), but it's a lovely sentiment nonetheless.

Currently playing on:
Ps5 - - Predecessor, Warhammer 40k Inquisitor, Dungeon Encounters, Assassins Creed Origins, Deep Rock Galactic/Remnant 2 (MP w mates);
Tablet - - Buriedbornes 2, Dawncaster, Loop Hero, Fate GO;
and,
PC - - Word and winamp ~_^
Last edited by Foreverhappychan on Apr 19, 2023, 11:02:10 PM
"
Artaniz wrote:
there is a classic adage that applies here .

Never attribute to malice what stupidity can explain.

The people in charge at GGG are no longer the ones that understand the game in any meaningful way.

You can just tell so many changes have that middle manager i had to have my hand in this feel. Gutted breach for example what purpose does it serve?

Anyhow its not a conspiracy its just dumb , ignorant , and lacking in creativity from the people that now control the decisions.

that's exactly what it is. most worth comment on this forum.
"

"
DoubleU wrote:
I will be playing PoE until they turn the lights out.

Where DS44 sees toxic positivity in your affirmation (and toxic positivity is a real thing), I see someone content with their lot and comfortable with their relationship with a pastime. I doubt you will be playing PoE until they turn the lights out (because the lights usually stay on well after the players are given the boot), but it's a lovely sentiment nonetheless.

Idk maybe I'm far too cynical, but when I see unqualified sentiments like that it just comes off as white knight gaslighting. In general, not calling Ux2 out here specifically, although it seems that way. It's just a recent example.

I mean love bombing PoE doesn't accomplish much, but I also dont what to minimize people that are actually enjoying themselves at the moment. If you still enjoy PoE I'm probably more envious than anything, or nostalgic about a time PoE did that for me. It's just not that any longer...the game just doesn't respect the players time. It's so anti-player in its design nowadays, in the hopes of maximizing monetization conversions through raw time played.

Over the years I've seen many a developer fall from grace. Whether it's reprehensible personal transgressions from leadership, poor business/ design decisons, losing their grip on ethical monetization, and more. PoE and CW are no different imo. They don't get carte blanche from me.

Hell in 2012-2013 if you told me GGG would later sell out to a Chinese Mega Publisher, introduce gamble loot boxes, and a seasonal paid battle pass, I would have thought you were insane.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
Last edited by DarthSki44 on Apr 20, 2023, 10:06:02 AM
Don't be the reason they can't have nice things, DS44. :)
Currently playing on:
Ps5 - - Predecessor, Warhammer 40k Inquisitor, Dungeon Encounters, Assassins Creed Origins, Deep Rock Galactic/Remnant 2 (MP w mates);
Tablet - - Buriedbornes 2, Dawncaster, Loop Hero, Fate GO;
and,
PC - - Word and winamp ~_^
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info