I've got a theory -- GGG is trying to get rid of most of us.

After Chris exclaimed they only need 10k players.. Circle back to Chris and GGG having nothing to say about their design decisions. How they stopped doing Manifestos (lets be real, every manifesto basically went like this -- We are right, sorry you don't like it, too bad).

Yes, it's their choice to make the game as they want, obviously -- but it's also for us, and they repeatedly pretend to ask for our thoughts and then ignore us. GGG and most the player base want a different game.

The easiest way to do this is get rid of us, by making everything tedious and rare. 50c unique gems should not be 10div. Then they continually nerf currency drops almost every single league. Nerf rewards, nerf leagues, remove power, etc etc.

You have content creators and QA testers who broke NDA's saying they worked with GGG and throughout all their work/testing everything they've mentioned was absolutely disregarded. I think Ghazzy even stated he was working with GGG on minions, and they essentially used all his information to gut minions further lol

Not sure about you guys, but the more tedious the game is, the less I enjoy it. And that means less time spent playing POE. This doesn't make me play more, it makes me hate the game.

They're actively trying to get rid of us by moving the goalposts, making it harder every league to attain what you just did 3 months ago. League after league. And they will not stop.
Last bumped on May 1, 2023, 4:38:55 AM
Mhm. Mhm. Mhm. See you next league.
It is sad to see the game going on the current direction. PoE's fast game pacing was the best I ever played and after tasting it at its peak, is really hard to like something else.

But if they want to slow the crap out of the game, reduce loot and in the future reach near ruthless level of boredom, fine, it is their game after all. We just have to play something else.

There's nothing fundamentally wrong with what they wanna do, I am sure there are ppl who likes that game style. Unfortunately not me, and that was not why I liked PoE in the first place.

The worst part is, I don't see any arpg going down that road, and the sweet zoom + overpowered crafts is just gonna be a memory. What a great time...

hoho
-Official Forum Dweller-
-I started the hoho movement-
-Exploit Early - Exploit Often-
-Moderators are absurd and OP-
you could be onto something. it seems like every time players ask for something GGG does the exact opposite. if players enjoy something, they nerf it. if they hate something, they buff it. for casual players unfortunately the game gets worse every league and i dont think it will change
The Vision™

It do what it do.
“If freedom of [censored] is taken away, then [censored] and [censored] we may be led, like [censored] to the [censored].” - George Washington
Too many people have been playing this game for too long. These people are burnt out; you cannot please a burnt out player. Take time off, or quit; it's healthier for everyone involved.
"
Rakie1337 wrote:

Yes, it's their choice to make the game as they want, obviously -- but it's also for us, and they repeatedly pretend to ask for our thoughts and then ignore us. GGG and most the player base want a different game.

Tltr: "They didn't changed the game in my favor, now I'm upset ;( "

"
The easiest way to do this is get rid of us, by making everything tedious and rare. 50c unique gems should not be 10div. Then they continually nerf currency drops almost every single league. Nerf rewards, nerf leagues, remove power, etc etc.

But I don't know what you are talking about. We had plenty of currency with the past leagues. People got upset about loot goblins henced they got removed.
LoK and Sanctum offered a pretty strong power spike with mirrored jewelry and the sanctum relics. Crucible gives you even more power than we ever had in any other patch. Loot's been the same since leagues, you either get lucky with plenty of divine drops or you don't. Been the same story since years.
You can improve your chances by target farming certain league content which is designed to reward you with raw currency drops. But it's your fault if you fail to pick the proper farming content for your own needs. Which is quite hard cause you can pretty much earn currency with trading via almost every league mechanic lol
Flames and madness. I'm so glad I didn't miss the fun. hoho
Last edited by Pashid on Apr 17, 2023, 7:05:04 PM
"
lupasvasile wrote:
Too many people have been playing this game for too long. These people are burnt out; you cannot please a burnt out player. Take time off, or quit; it's healthier for everyone involved.

I agree. I feeling the burnout hard so just staying away from it. That said I do agree that they are taking the game in a poor direction. It has gone steadily downhill since I started playing.
when they implement Ruthless as the standard league (which they are going to do), they will be successful.

and if you don't think Ruthless will be the standard league then you don't know better. Chris Wilson didn't damn near have an orgasm on the stream talking about Ruthless for it not to be the main game mode.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info