[3.25] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

"
Returning player here, how'd you get two implicits on the body armour with the tailoring orb? That's actually neat that you can go as high as you can on the defenses without having to get more Dex stats. I must have been pretty lucky with only one slam of the orb onto it and got this mod.

The 6% Defences/25% Reduced is just a single mod. It's one of those that provides 2 stats because it provides 2 worse versions of the single stat (Either 8 defence or 40 reduced)

What you said about the split with Int/Dex is actually a good point for the higher bases as well. I used one for a bit at the start and its more than possible to get more ES out of having a Int/Dex split and using a better base than you lose saccing the Int/ES splits.

There is ways to get a bit more Str/Int as well with dropping the conversion gems in the spots that hit 2+ stat nodes as well, but it gets pricey to get a jewel where that doesn't lose you a big chunk of damage for dropping that much Int.
what content do we need those "really good" rolled high dex bases for ?

Im currently sitting at ~12800 es and fail to see how an increase will benefit me that much. im already very lazy with the mob mechanics as it is.

for the lulz id want to push the int higher by getting an armor with the int % modifier in addition to the % attributes. just need to get that mirror :D
"
Gottwurm wrote:
what content do we need those "really good" rolled high dex bases for ?

Im currently sitting at ~12800 es and fail to see how an increase will benefit me that much. im already very lazy with the mob mechanics as it is.

for the lulz id want to push the int higher by getting an armor with the int % modifier in addition to the % attributes. just need to get that mirror :D

Need? Nothing.

Useful? Basically everything. Getting the chest I have took me from 14.1k ES to 16.2K ES. It means i can be less picky with map mods, push things further, take riskier ultimatum choices etc. There have been countless times I've seen my ES drop to 2k from big hits or a barrage from something. Every single time that happens this chest saved me by nature of the absurd defences the new bases offer and that's ignoring the total unkown of how much of a boost the extra evasion chance gave me.

More defense is never a bad thing when it's free. (Free as in terms of power/gear budget not currency obviously) The question is which ways you want to work to make it free and between things like tailoring orbs, the kalandra rings, and even a Dex/Int split over an Int/ES split its a free upgrade to go to the 1st or 2nd best base because for each.

The tailoring orb even if you JUST hit 40% reduced attri. That's more ES from upgrading base than hitting 8% on a lower.

Kalandra rings. They give so much res and you have other slots for res with the chest and belt that you have a suffix spare to hit stats.

Dex/Int split gives more ES than an Int/ES split if it lets you upgrade base tiers while also giving more evasion.
Last edited by mysticturtle12 on Aug 6, 2024, 2:35:03 AM
I think `Torturer Garb` is better than `Necrotic Armour` since with Necrotic, your strength will always be less than your dex and due to this will you miss the `consecrated ground` you get from the end-game `rational doctrine` jewel.

@mysticturtle12 how did you get that enchant on that body Armour? I think with that enchant it would be possible to use Necrotic Armour rather than Torturer Garb.

EDIT: oh, it's Tailoring Orb. can we use Tailoring Orb on fractured item? that would be really awesome..
Last edited by gruumine on Aug 6, 2024, 9:31:10 AM
"
gruumine wrote:
I think `Torturer Garb` is better than `Necrotic Armour` since with Necrotic, your strength will always be less than your dex and due to this will you miss the `consecrated ground` you get from the end-game `rational doctrine` jewel.

If you are playing this build and your Str is higher than your Int, you are doing something really wrong.

You are never going to get Consecrated Ground off from Rational Doctrine, it will always be Profane Ground.

But don't fall to desperation, Zealotry has "You and nearby Non-Minion Allies have a 10% chance to create Consecrated Ground on Hitting a Rare or Unique Enemy, lasting 8 seconds"
"
Cjin wrote:
"
gruumine wrote:

If you are playing this build and your Str is higher than your Int, you are doing something really wrong.

You are never going to get Consecrated Ground off from Rational Doctrine, it will always be Profane Ground.

But don't fall to desperation, Zealotry has "You and nearby Non-Minion Allies have a 10% chance to create Consecrated Ground on Hitting a Rare or Unique Enemy, lasting 8 seconds"

oh shit! i miss-read Rational Doctrine!!!
okay, nevermind me, I will disappear.
yeah, str can never be more than int.
"
Gave up on this, wasted more then 400+ Essence of Spite, the amount of currencies I could have bought Enlighten Support instead, to make that gamba happen. Tried alt spamming method but no luck here.

Dude, that was 8d worth of essences. You could have bought new bases and and an Awakener's Orb to deterministically craft the amulet, with 6d left over...
"
As for the chest yeah I think the IDEAL is hit a kalandra ring with Int/Dex/Res, but those honestly are seeming harder to find and more expensive than hitting the tailoring orb

I'm not yet at the point where I can fit Aspect of the Spider, but doesn't a ring with Int/Dex/Aspect (and no prefixes) only have a 50% chance to brick when Misted? This seems an easy craft that solves all dex issues?
-
Last edited by darkroxxx on Aug 6, 2024, 1:26:24 PM
"
1. Are there any map mods aside from ele reflect that bother us?

No Regen is obnoxious, but manageable if you adjust your play pattern. I like to run Vaal Clarity to smooth over mana issues in no regen maps.

No Leech can be deadly if your DPS isn't high enough to instant-delete packs of tanky monsters (from beyond, blight, etc.) since you have to lean on Polymath for ES recovery.

Reduced Aura Effect can also be dangerous if it uncaps your elemental resistances.

"
2. Additionally, could you take a quick look and advise on upgrades for better dps/survivability? I'm doing t16s confortably but anything further than that is rough. I'm on close to 20 on some gems and I'm thinking about getting the two expensive clusters. I have aspect of the spider 20 in the amulet but no mana yet.

Craft yourself a better helmet with more ES and the top-tier 10% Hunter mod.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info