[3.25] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

Honestly, you're going to want to buy it from trade.

It's a T3 unique so you might be waiting a long time if you're hoping for a natural drop or to Chance it. You can target-farm The Incantation or The Tower (check the wiki for the maps where they drop), but unless you're SSF it's more trouble than it's worth.

EDIT: For what it's worth I plan to league-start a Pyroclast Mines Trickster and then respec once I'm in maps and can afford The Whispering Ice and Astramentis.
Last edited by evouga on Jul 25, 2024, 11:43:43 AM
"
evouga wrote:

It's a T3 unique so you might be waiting a long time if you're hoping for a natural drop or to Chance it. You can target-farm The Incantation or The Tower (check the wiki for the maps where they drop), but unless you're SSF it's more trouble than it's worth.

EDIT: For what it's worth I plan to league-start a Pyroclast Mines Trickster and then respec once I'm in maps and can afford The Whispering Ice and Astramentis.

I also plan to use some other skills until I got the Ice Staff, I really hated the leveling last league with the suggested mine skills. Could Power Siphon be a good alternative?
"
tritoch6969 wrote:
Hi being following ur guide since forever , love that build and the playstyle even my 6 years old daughter can play it and have a blast .

I got a question tho were is the best place to get a whispêring ice staff early on ?? is there a zone i should farm for it or card or ?

because from league to league early on the staff sometime cost alot of chaos orb early in the league.

thank you

I'm really bad at currency and I've never had a problem buying WI staffs. Be sure you know how to use live search on the trade site and just buy them for 1c-2c when that trade spawns. You'll have a few chaos available if the currency drop rates remain the same.
Had really fun building at this league for this build ;)

keep the good work ;)
Last edited by Majin111 on Jul 25, 2024, 1:55:25 PM
If it says everything, does that mean that it should also be able to conquer the Hall of the Grandmasters? Because if it can, then I'm settled on my build for this league.
"
evouga wrote:
Some notes about map mods:

No Regen: technically doesn't brick the map because of mana recoup, but I consider Vaal Clarity almost mandatory for running no regen maps since running out of mana while traveling across the map or during boss invulnerability phases is so annoying. Also, in the very likely event you have an open prefix on a ring, you can craft "Channeling skills have -3 to total mana cost," allowing you to phase through packs of monsters with Cyclone even when completely out of mana.

No Leech: not a problem so long as you have enough DPS to continuously kill monsters. Bosses, Essence rares, red beasts, and tanky Expedition or Blight packs become a lot more dangerous and require hit-and-run tactics if you don't have the DPS to simply delete them.

Reduced Aura Effect: Even with pretty decent gear I'm only able to get around 50% elemental resistances without Purity of Elements or The Wise Oak. Reduced aura effect can thus be very dangerous in combination with damage mods as high amounts of it can uncap your elemental resists while also reducing your ES pool.

I am patiently waiting to see how the map runners feature will work, hoping the npcs are not affected by physical or elemental type of damage, because in that case, I know where my reflect maps will go instead of the guild stash to rot all league.

Honestly, I haven't been excited for a league like this in a long time.

I'm also thrilled that my go-to build survives league after league (watching my husband search YouTube for a starter build has been a bit painful lol; I know the struggle, hence why I am glad for IDQ)! Thanks Kelvynn for keeping it going and adapting whenever necessary.

Another thing I love is that this build usually becomes my sole one, transitioning well from starter to league-long staple. Given that we play at our own pace and not rush (we do have 5 kids, so time is limited/we afk alot), I couldn't ask for anything better. I don't like bossing much, though I always make a point to learn a little more and practice with each league, and my guildies/friends know this. Same for my husband, so we always have agreements with them for help in getting our voidstones, extra map device slots and sometimes even favorite map slots. In exchange, I tend to help run merc/uber labs, do some shopping sessions, use some of my extra stashes to sell stuff for others (I'm also the seller for my husband and I). Works well.

I'll never be as amazing ad Kelvynn, Gaiaule, Winterhiko etc...but I still have tons of fun.
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
Tecken1407 wrote:
Can this build easily do ultimatium etc? all mods or so

Ultimatums are trivial with this build. They just take way too long to be worth your time.

Agreed, though I will do some when the fancy strikes me. Corrupted blood immunity and being CI helps so much!
"
Anhyvar wrote:
If it says everything, does that mean that it should also be able to conquer the Hall of the Grandmasters? Because if it can, then I'm settled on my build for this league.

Yes---I just tried in Standard with endgame gear, and easily cleared three hallways, but died three times in the fourth.

CI and Culling Strike are great assets in the Hall, but sometimes you will get unlucky and draw a really rippy Grandmaster. I wouldn't use this build to farm HoGM, but if you're dead-set on running the map, you can clear it.
"
evouga wrote:

hey, I was also wondering about leveling since I will play in a smaller league, I won't have quick access to the staff.

do you have a pob for the pyroclast mines trickster by any chance? thanks!
"
Anhyvar wrote:

I used to do it while it was on the Atlas. There are some enemies there using the CI + max block + ES recovery on block mechanics. You MUST use Block Chance Reduction support. Instead of CE. Reducing the area of Icestorm is not very good there cause of all the super mobile enemies. BCR is green, so you need a staff with RGGBBB. Just get a 3rd staff for HoGM if you want to farm it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info