[3.25] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

"
KingExodusGG wrote:
Currently leveling this, Imi about to be 38, If I switch to CI, I have like no ES. Do I wait until second lab?? the POB shows 54-58 switch to CI, so im a bit confused, im about to get cyclone, not sure how I will manage the mana for it.

Also, I have 6 sockets in my staff, you have 5 skills linked for getting to when you first use icestorm before cyclone

Cyclone - Cast while Channelling, Inspiration, Concentrated Effect, Power Charge on Critical

whats the 6th gem when I start cycloning? Energy leech if CI (but im not CI yet) os what, mana leech? Running clarity and purity of ele per your leveling guide.

You can't switch to CI too soon, because your gear will not provide enough ES for your pool to be big enough. The loss of your HP will be too hard on you for minimal gain, especially without the ascendancy nodes that give you ES.

If you do have six link available and can spare the mana, just use the conpleted build's recommended setup. Energy Leech is still great without CI, as you won't have less ES anyway. Without overleech it's harder to keep the buff on at all times, but honestly, if you're on a 6 link, you don't need that much more damage anyway.
Yeah im using a 6 socket with cyclone right now (level 38) but feel like self cast may be better, will keep posting, thanks for feedback. I am hoping this build will be able to farm legions with a grand design atlas. I might try and change a few things to get more of a spread going for AOE pops, maybe that one flask will do it.
☼ Unlock Sandwraith Map mod Tracker Thread #3461595
☼ Remove Deli Music Option #3450767
☼ Improve Beastiery Window beast/trading Management #3380585
☼ Add option to upgrade regular tabs to quads from store #3452458
☼ Buying Veiled Scarabs On Standard 2c Per 24/7 #3508339
"
KingExodusGG wrote:
Yeah im using a 6 socket with cyclone right now (level 38) but feel like self cast may be better, will keep posting, thanks for feedback. I am hoping this build will be able to farm legions with a grand design atlas. I might try and change a few things to get more of a spread going for AOE pops, maybe that one flask will do it.

When you get to high-end, do look at Whiterockxx's earlier post about Herald of Ice.
"
WinterHiko wrote:
"
KingExodusGG wrote:

When you get to high-end, do look at Whiterockxx's earlier post about Herald of Ice.

Yeah I can see herald of ice scaling into some explosions, I have an obsession with grand design because I love the pack density it provides, problem is, im relying specifically on plain mob kills, not league mechanics really and its not working, I can play 5 hours, farm essences, and not make ONE divine in a day, I am doing alot wrong and I need some experienced people to give me feedback and advice.
☼ Unlock Sandwraith Map mod Tracker Thread #3461595
☼ Remove Deli Music Option #3450767
☼ Improve Beastiery Window beast/trading Management #3380585
☼ Add option to upgrade regular tabs to quads from store #3452458
☼ Buying Veiled Scarabs On Standard 2c Per 24/7 #3508339
Hi, I'm a new player, just finished campaign 2 days ago, I may need some suggestions on which budget gear I could get to replace on what I currently have, you may check my profile or I have a link, https://pobb.in/RPeYO2TYGVD6 , I would also love to know if there's something wrong with my current setup or any adjustments should be made, I easily die on low tier maps. thank you :)
"
KingExodusGG wrote:

Yeah I can see herald of ice scaling into some explosions, I have an obsession with grand design because I love the pack density it provides, problem is, im relying specifically on plain mob kills, not league mechanics really and its not working, I can play 5 hours, farm essences, and not make ONE divine in a day, I am doing alot wrong and I need some experienced people to give me feedback and advice.

Well, that's your problem right there.

PoE is a game about stacking multiplier. The same way builds get to high damage by stacking multiple sources that multiply each other, so does the profits by stacking multiple sources of revenue that play off each other.

Essences do not benefit from density at all. More than that, Essences do not even benefit from map tier. People who farm them as a main mechanic often run white T1s, rush the essences and get out of the map as fast as they can.

If you like density, you can use Growing Hordes/Grand design or top hat of the tree/Fortune Favors the Brave with the special node in the tree. However, you then need the other sources of loot to work off of those bonuses.

Take for example Harvest. Pack size means more Harvest mobs means more juice. In parallel, you run blue altars. Pack size will increase the amount of Altars. You pick every altars you can with bonus quantity. Now each of your Harvest mobs will drop more juice. The pack size and quant multiply each other now.

You have room for another mechanic. What mechanic will benefit from quant and pack size? Could be Delirium. Could be Expedition.

Top it off with some extra juice with your remaining points. Lab wheel to get free improved trials. Couple of special maps nodes for the occasionnal 25C map from the boss. Maybe even Essence, which is now just a top-off.

If you're into Sextants, get more multipliers in there. Guaranteed grove. Double juice (which, again, multiplies quant and pack size) with yellow juice more likely (multiplies worth of your loot drops).

Now you have (pack size increases amount of drops) X (quant increases amounts of each drop) X (doubling sextant) X (yellow juice is worth more and drops more often). Now you're making bank by selling Yellow juice at 1 div every 4-5 maps.

Killing random mobs will not provide good revenue. You need a game plan. you need to get a strategy where you get multipliers working off of each other or something that you can run super-optimized for guaranteed rewards.

And then there's the small time-savers. For example, sell in bulk. If you can make one trade instead of ten, then maybe you have saved 15 minutes. Now you're farming more efficiently. Essences? Sell stacks of 10 deafening at first, then when your build gets going, sell tabs worth a few divines. Currency? Sell when it reaches a divine's worth.

Another example : roll 5-10 maps in a row, then run them all. Now instead of clicking scour/chisel/alch/scour/alch then times, you're doing ScourX10/ChiselX10/alchX10 and the clicks are super fast. Every stack of ten maps, you might save 2-3 minutes. During that time, you're running more maps. And then when you do get out of the map, you just put another one in the machine without even looking or thinking.

Hope that helps! The game is so obscure, it really can be difficult to understand how to make profit and I certainly did not figure it out fast or by myself, so if you have questions, do not hesitate.
"
Kízu wrote:
Hi, I'm a new player, just finished campaign 2 days ago, I may need some suggestions on which budget gear I could get to replace on what I currently have, you may check my profile or I have a link, https://pobb.in/RPeYO2TYGVD6 , I would also love to know if there's something wrong with my current setup or any adjustments should be made, I easily die on low tier maps. thank you :)

Welcome to the game!

It's normal that you die quite a bit when you get to maps. I don't know what your current budget it, but I'll assume that it's something like 20-30C for now.

Get a nice helmet with 150+ ES and some resistances. That should cost 1-3C.

Get a Body Armour with EV/ES instead of Armour/EV. This is going to significantly increase your ES. For example, by inputting "1000 EV" and "300 ES" in the trade site as minimums, I got a 4C Carnal Armour that literally gives you 80% more ES and 15% evade chance. This is absolutely huge. Don't fret on the six-link. You only really need a five-link, and even then, four is quite enough for now (just remove Punishment and Culling Strike). You'll feel an immense difference for a few chaos.

You still have a lot more levels to go, which will help.

Le Heup of All is a great unique ring that gives damage, defenses and a lot of resistances. Once again, a few chaos each.

Use alteration orbs to roll 45%+ increased Evasion and 45%+ increased armour suffixes on your flasks. It'll help a lot with your survivability too and costs next to nothing.

Get the conversion jewels for the tree. This is an int-stacking build and it'll help your damage and survivability if you put them in the leftmost and rightmost slots.

With that, you should be able to clear white maps easier, then move up the ladder and buy more upgrades.

Hope that helps!
Last edited by WinterHiko on May 18, 2023, 6:56:57 PM
Hey, guys!

I am feeling quite comfortably, managed to kill uber maven / sirus / elder without issues.
Can someone suggest things I can improve my build with apart from mega amulet with %int / %attributes / %damagePerInt, I am farming for it right now, but maybe there are less expensive upgrade.
Last edited by alajvad on May 19, 2023, 6:54:12 AM
"
alajvad wrote:
Hey, guys!

I am feeling quite comfortably, managed to kill uber maven / sirus / elder without issues.
Can someone suggest things I can improve my build with apart from mega amulet with %int / %attributes / %damagePerInt, I am farming for it right now, but maybe there are less expensive upgrade.

You can Divine your Cyclone staff to 18% int and your helmet to get 10%int.

Charge on crit on your flask would be the best prefix, especially against bosses.

You can try to find a more expensive Watcher's Eye with two Hatred mods, but honestly, that's going to be super pricey. Maybe a Discipline mod. Something like Hatred/Clarity/Discipline.

You should spend a point on the ES mastery for stun threshold. 3% more damage from Polymath, for starters, and your Corundum flask does little if your stun threshold is super low. Entirely worth it, especially for Ubers who will stun you often without it and prevent blinking to safety.
"
WinterHiko wrote:
"
alajvad wrote:
Hey, guys!

You can Divine your Cyclone staff to 18% int and your helmet to get 10%int.

Charge on crit on your flask would be the best prefix, especially against bosses.

You can try to find a more expensive Watcher's Eye with two Hatred mods, but honestly, that's going to be super pricey. Maybe a Discipline mod. Something like Hatred/Clarity/Discipline.

You should spend a point on the ES mastery for stun threshold. 3% more damage from Polymath, for starters, and your Corundum flask does little if your stun threshold is super low. Entirely worth it, especially for Ubers who will stun you often without it and prevent blinking to safety.

Oh, didn't notice I don't have max rolled %int on staff and helmet, thank you!

Better watcher's eye is expensive too, I think I'd benefit more from mega+amulet.

As for the stun threshold, I am using awakened CwC for stun immunity while mapping and bosses do not seem to stun.

Than you!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info