[3.25] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

Guys I have a question. How all this namelocking works as I am an idiot... if I click on a boss and start casting icestorm, how long do I have to do it to namelock that said boss? Does it mean I can then hide in a corner or move around freely and keep casting icestorm anywhere, and it will keep hitting that boss until is dead? Or do I have to keep an enemy in my sight for this to work? Csn someone explain it carefully before I take on end game bosses please?
"
CptJesus wrote:
So I'm kind of stuck on int% rings. They're pretty unaffordable right now, so I'm looking at alternative upgrade paths. I'm going to continue to farm divs to try and buy a couple of those rings, but right now I would have to liquidate pretty much everything to afford one.

https://poe.ninja/pob/dOP

Is there any other recommended upgrade paths I could pursue in the meantime?

Had some time to look over your PoB. I thought you meant ring upgrades, but I see you already have corrupted Heup of Alls.

Your Body Armour doesn't have the right implicit. Crit multi for spells is more damage.

Your rare jewels are a tad subpar. A pair of Forbidden jewels could be better, or if they're too costly, a Nature's Patience and a better rare jewel would be an upgrade.

Your attributes mastery would give you more int if you allocated "int per mastery" instead of "5% incr attributes".

Tranquility is 14.5% more damage. Not having that annoint hurts. Get a Hatred/PoE reservation mastery enchant on your helmet and you can ditch Charisma annoint. Enlighten 4 is another option, but you're on a budget.

Don't forget to go into config for a better estimation of your damage. Your PoB doesn't take into consideration Power charges, the enemy being chilled, Arcane Surge and Unnerve. That doubles your average hit.

Hope that helps!
"
cancera wrote:
Guys I have a question. How all this namelocking works as I am an idiot... if I click on a boss and start casting icestorm, how long do I have to do it to namelock that said boss? Does it mean I can then hide in a corner or move around freely and keep casting icestorm anywhere, and it will keep hitting that boss until is dead? Or do I have to keep an enemy in my sight for this to work? Csn someone explain it carefully before I take on end game bosses please?

If you cast on the boss with the self-cast (with the name showing), as long as you hold the button, you're going to cast on top the boss even if they've move and are not where your mouse is pointing. The "always attack without moving" options needs to be turned off.

Try it out on a tanky rare or a Shaper/Elder boss first.
"
WinterHiko wrote:
"
CptJesus wrote:
So I'm kind of stuck on int% rings. They're pretty unaffordable right now, so I'm looking at alternative upgrade paths. I'm going to continue to farm divs to try and buy a couple of those rings, but right now I would have to liquidate pretty much everything to afford one.

https://poe.ninja/pob/dOP

Is there any other recommended upgrade paths I could pursue in the meantime?

Had some time to look over your PoB. I thought you meant ring upgrades, but I see you already have corrupted Heup of Alls.

Your Body Armour doesn't have the right implicit. Crit multi for spells is more damage.

Your rare jewels are a tad subpar. A pair of Forbidden jewels could be better, or if they're too costly, a Nature's Patience and a better rare jewel would be an upgrade.

Your attributes mastery would give you more int if you allocated "int per mastery" instead of "5% incr attributes".

Tranquility is 14.5% more damage. Not having that annoint hurts. Get a Hatred/PoE reservation mastery enchant on your helmet and you can ditch Charisma annoint. Enlighten 4 is another option, but you're on a budget.

Don't forget to go into config for a better estimation of your damage. Your PoB doesn't take into consideration Power charges, the enemy being chilled, Arcane Surge and Unnerve. That doubles your average hit.

Hope that helps!

Thanks so much! I took your advice, messed around with a bunch of stuff. I picked up a Nature's Patience, spent 2 skill points on a reservation efficiency passive for now until I get either enlighten 4 or a helm enchant. Fixed my configs + anointed tranquility and ended up here:

https://poe.ninja/pob/dSl

Next steps are going to be to save up for the synthesized int rings and possibly the Ambush/Assassinate jewels, as well as roll my body armor implicit correctly
This build caught my eye and I started playing again since Sentinel league. It's so satisfying!
I made a few affordable changes and managed to shoehorn Hatred at lv 94 with Enlighten 3
https://pobb.in/SvAs3xzpKYwR

It has been a blast. Thank you so much for revitalizing my love for this game. It facetanks so many things that used to blow me up with other builds and does really good damage on both crowds and big bosses.
Last edited by Remixex on May 17, 2023, 5:40:48 PM
Enlighten 4 is my next big upgrayedd.

Here's a video of how it feels with only HoI, Disc, Purity of Ele and Clarity.
Yes I have a pretty sweet staff. It is not SUPER noticeable, but you absolutely notice all that extra juicy ES and such.

Spoiler
https://kick.com/video/4d769725-bcfa-4060-8ff2-66b611563e4e
Hello,

Mind to have a look at mine? Trying to get higher up on all, but not sure in which end to beging..

https://pobb.in/0P5KuIofWy0t

Cheers
"
Wahots wrote:
Hello,

Mind to have a look at mine? Trying to get higher up on all, but not sure in which end to beging..

Cheers

Awakened Cold Penetration would let you inflict Cold Exposure on your boss staff (plus you'd get more res shred from the gem).

Get Whispers of Doom. That second curse is huge and you're just missing two points.

You should really allocate the ES mastery for stun threshold. It'll save your life, plus it's 3% more damage from Polymath. For one point, it's really a bargain. Plus, your Corundum flask doesn't do much without it (it raises the stun threshold by a %).

Your top rare jewel does literally nothing right now. "Damage with staves" does not apply to spells cast (only attacks with staves), 8% allres is useless when you're overcapped by 50% in each res and projectile speed does not interact with Ice Storm.

Your Clusters could use upgrading to add Blanketed Snow (with CttC, of course). If you don't have the budget, exalt slam both for additionnal free stats, there's an open affix.

Allocate Charisma instead of Wisdom of the Glade, allocate the Sovereignty wheel and activate Hatred. Huge difference in damage.

Your body armour really could use upgrading for huge gains. For example, I found a Carnal Armour for sale right now at 180C that would give you 1290 ES, 4% evade chance and 2% more damage. Plus, the eldritch implicit are cheap and you can get an additionnal 1% less damage taken per 230 int (already crafted) and a total of 4% more damage with crit multi for spells. That's a cheap option that will help your survivability tremendously. There's even better if you look closely. If you want to craft yourself, you can hit Essences of Spite on a good base worth a couple of chaos.

Rolling your second implicit on gloves to Unnerve on hit is also a priority, as it is cheap and very efficient.

Don't forget to quality your flasks and jewellery.

Your Diamond flask doesn't have a prefix, which dents its uptime a lot.

Hunter influence on your helmet could give you +7-10%int for relatively cheap too.

Hope that helps!
"
WinterHiko wrote:
"
Wahots wrote:
Hello,

Cheers

Awakened Cold Penetration would let you inflict Cold Exposure on your boss staff (plus you'd get more res shred from the gem).

Get Whispers of Doom. That second curse is huge and you're just missing two points.

You should really allocate the ES mastery for stun threshold. It'll save your life, plus it's 3% more damage from Polymath. For one point, it's really a bargain. Plus, your Corundum flask doesn't do much without it (it raises the stun threshold by a %).

Your top rare jewel does literally nothing right now. "Damage with staves" does not apply to spells cast (only attacks with staves), 8% allres is useless when you're overcapped by 50% in each res and projectile speed does not interact with Ice Storm.

Your Clusters could use upgrading to add Blanketed Snow (with CttC, of course). If you don't have the budget, exalt slam both for additionnal free stats, there's an open affix.

Allocate Charisma instead of Wisdom of the Glade, allocate the Sovereignty wheel and activate Hatred. Huge difference in damage.

Your body armour really could use upgrading for huge gains. For example, I found a Carnal Armour for sale right now at 180C that would give you 1290 ES, 4% evade chance and 2% more damage. Plus, the eldritch implicit are cheap and you can get an additionnal 1% less damage taken per 230 int (already crafted) and a total of 4% more damage with crit multi for spells. That's a cheap option that will help your survivability tremendously. There's even better if you look closely. If you want to craft yourself, you can hit Essences of Spite on a good base worth a couple of chaos.

Rolling your second implicit on gloves to Unnerve on hit is also a priority, as it is cheap and very efficient.

Don't forget to quality your flasks and jewellery.

Your Diamond flask doesn't have a prefix, which dents its uptime a lot.

Hunter influence on your helmet could give you +7-10%int for relatively cheap too.

Hope that helps!

Indeed it helps, now what I need to upgrade/change, and I do need to farm some currency :D
Need to get hold of both opalecent, and golden oil (only have 1 golden atm) for Charisma.
So again many thanks from Bacon!
Currently leveling this, Imi about to be 38, If I switch to CI, I have like no ES. Do I wait until second lab?? the POB shows 54-58 switch to CI, so im a bit confused, im about to get cyclone, not sure how I will manage the mana for it.

Also, I have 6 sockets in my staff, you have 5 skills linked for getting to when you first use icestorm before cyclone

Cyclone - Cast while Channelling, Inspiration, Concentrated Effect, Power Charge on Critical

whats the 6th gem when I start cycloning? Energy leech if CI (but im not CI yet) os what, mana leech? Running clarity and purity of ele per your leveling guide.

Edit - so I am cycloning while leveling but I feel like insta cast may be better (as your guide notes) but is it possible to sustain mana even with clarity running? It also seems like I really have to cyclone for a few seconds before anything casts, maybe thats from the lack of gem levels/quality?
☼ Unlock Sandwraith Map mod Tracker Thread #3461595
☼ Remove Deli Music Option #3450767
☼ Improve Beastiery Window beast/trading Management #3380585
☼ Add option to upgrade regular tabs to quads from store #3452458
☼ Buying Veiled Scarabs On Standard 2c Per 24/7 #3508339
Last edited by KingExodusGG on May 18, 2023, 4:00:27 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info