[3.25] CWDT Ward Loop Scion

even with flask tattoos? i think with the new armor bases you can get some insane values on body armor like 4k+ ? i think its gotta be better than the skin at the higher end.
"
rozakk wrote:
even with flask tattoos? i think with the new armor bases you can get some insane values on body armor like 4k+ ? i think its gotta be better than the skin at the higher end.

Take the following with the caveat that I could be missing something.

I don't think you want to use an armour base because it would mess with the cwdt calcs.

For a pure EV base the highest on market is 3757. Lets say after the buff you can get to 4.5k evasion and 60% gets converted to ward. That would be 2700 ward from the chest.

Looking at a current build from POE ninja, you have the following values on gear

helm - 750
gloves 491
boots - 451

With the 100% increased from the chest brings the total value to 3384 and with the staff mastery brings it to 3892 before Olroth's. With 70% less that brings the total to 1305.

If we take those same values on gear and multiply them by 1.2 for the both (not bothering to remove the effects of the current quality) we get the following.

helm - 900
gloves - 589
boots - 541

So with the chest and just the 30% increased with the staff mastery we would have a total of 6149 before olroths and 922 with it. That is a loss of nearly 400 ward and that is without taking into consideration the current quality should be taken away from the old values before applying the new quality.

Even if the new Ev chest allows for an extra 2000 on top of that you're looking at something like 250 ward added to that at the end. Maybe if there are new tiers of ward bases as well. But when you are multiplying everything by .15 at the end of it all, it's hard to added flat really compensate.

Longshot hope is that there is a new anoint that basically says "allow wardloop to work" and whatever that would take.
rest in pepperoni
Even assuming there are new ward bases, and they get the same 50%-ish increase to base ward the way other bases from reveal got, it is not looking that great.
Unless I made a mistake somewhere, new top roll values would be:
helm - 1112
gloves - 755
boots - 624 (1 prefix used for movespeed)
-> 2491 total from gear, 200 from Olroth, 130% increased from Skin and mastery, and it comes to 6189 ward, so 928 ward after Olroth. Bleh.

As for the belt - new bases should get to around 6k evasion on chest (but the dex requirement would be hell), so 3000 base ward from that would bump it to 1100-ish final ward.
Decent increase, but try sustaining Olroth without reduced flask charges on belt, and you will see why it is not a great idea, even though math says it should work on average.

Oh, and if you want 4 flasks after the Iron flask duration nerf, it now takes something like 140% duration / 140% increased charges... And you can´t "cheat" it with Careful Conservationist, because it now kills 30% of your ward instead of 11%:P

So... about that "wardloop now works" annoint?:)
Reduced effect of flasks modifier

Find a belt and use Kalandra refection, get minus flask effect!

Don't think Kalandara reflection is allowed on belts.
Pouring out a 40oz for my favorite build ever, no fun allowed.
Didn’t they change armor quality? Won’t that change ward amounts quite a bit?
"
Hzbbaum wrote:
Didn’t they change armor quality? Won’t that change ward amounts quite a bit?

Mine and lvtwentyswd´s calculations assumed the new quality at 20%.

"
Akshay wrote:
Reduced effect of flasks modifier

Find a belt and use Kalandra refection, get minus flask effect!

Don't think Kalandara reflection is allowed on belts.

Reflections were amulet and ring only.

Reduced flask effect with the new Olroth would be hilarious, something like the old jewel with 20% reduced would more than double ward:)
"
rozakk wrote:
what about the new belt ? seems insane for gaining ward or am i missing something??

You would have to make up the flask mods and lightning damage at least. Are you talking about the belt that gave 50%

Yeah not sure what Mark was talking about. I've done all of the math and wardloop seems near impossible now. Even if it was enabled with an annoint it is a massive nerf. What another 25%? I didn't calculate that since I didn't have any concrete data to check. My ToTA char was 300M dps and after the removal of anomalous skeles it was cut down to 100M dps. I did have 3x 3 crit multi and 1x 4 crit multi jewels then though. Build is completely dead now.
Last edited by kabooms on Jul 21, 2024, 12:31:53 AM
Of all the things that could have been addressed, Wardloopers needed to be nerfed/destroyed? Was there some other broken use for Olroth that forced this?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info