3.23 EXPLOSIVE ARROW BALLISTA ELEMENTALIST - League-Start to End-Game. Easy mode.

"
Vendetta wrote:

I understand that very well my bow is a short bow, and what I was saying is that no one stacks AS beside the generic tree + short bow + AS on bow/quiver...
Am I missing something ?

Everyone worth their Salt is trying to stack Attackspeed like crazy.
It just hard to balance it in sometime (Acc/HP/Res needs).

For the Rest you can blame PoB for not beeing able to calculate Fuses.

They just set Fuses to 20, forget about it, and take whatever Items is giving them higher +% ignite dmg. While not realizing they actually never reach 15+. And totally ignore/undervalue the APS (which isn't included in the POB DPS at all)
Okay, hear me out on this one: How about a combo of Emberwake and The Taming? PoB gives me like 38% more combined damage with Taming added, 15% total dmg per ignite.
Currently switched my Atlas from Mapping to Bossing based.
And adjusted my build a bit. Hell..Bossing is relaxed with this build

Tried not to fall under 5,5k HP while still mentaining around 20M ignite

-Most Expensive Gear is the Awakened Burning-Gem, by far. Rest is mostly self-crafted.
-No super-fancy/expensive Stuff like Unnatural Instinct or expensive +3 Bows
-Ele-Bows scale like hell.

https://pastebin.com/fp5T4yhL

Should be around ~18 Fuses atm, I think. So the 20-Fuses Number from PoB aint reached and number is inflated by 10-15%.

atm looking to fix my Accuracy (93%) somehow.

Very happy with the result so far, especially considering the kinda low investments.

"
Okay, hear me out on this one: How about a combo of Emberwake and The Taming? PoB gives me like 38% more combined damage with Taming added, 15% total dmg per ignite.

Good find! Taming is an +%Dmg-Beast and fits the build perfectly imho. +92% DMG with +20% Quality. Wouldn't even pair it with emberwake. Bit to Glasscannon otherwise :)

Last edited by Schejian on Feb 13, 2022, 6:52:02 PM
"
Schejian wrote:

-Most Expensive Gear is the Awakened Burning-Gem, by far. Rest is mostly self-crafted.

Should be around ~18 Fuses atm, I think. So the 20-Fuses Number from PoB aint reached and number is inflated by 10-15%.

Very happy with the result so far, especially considering the kinda low investments.

"

Good find! Taming is an +%Dmg-Beast and fits the build perfectly imho. +92% DMG with +20% Quality. Wouldn't even pair it with emberwake. Bit to Glasscannon otherwise :)

The idea behind Taming are the obviously good stats, but also since Emberwake lets you double ignite, you should get another 20% dmg boost since you always ignite twice, and maybe even proc shocked with shaper of storm.

Edit: Im feeling like this is getting out of hand, if we dont stop, GGG will just insta nerf us :(
Last edited by Deadbystruggling on Feb 13, 2022, 6:44:05 PM
"
brunowa wrote:
hahahah, my first boss test of going full DPS mode (still with amazing defence btw):

https://youtu.be/yBpRdIvNapc

Just stand and observe his igniting death. Oh this could be fun... things are just heating up for this build guys :)

Hi Bruno,

would u mind sharing ur current used gear in this vid? And maybe current pob?

I am sitting on around 30 ex and want to improve from where instand now.
(Still low level like 72 and just reached maps)
"
Schejian wrote:

"

Is a bow with high ele dmg better than a +3 to gems? In the past I had a good ele bow but got instantly told to switch off it.

Also, does The Taming give you that damage effect per freeze/ignite/shock or just once regardless of what ailment you have going on the enemy?
Last edited by velvetpaws12 on Feb 13, 2022, 6:55:43 PM
"

The idea behind Taming are the obviously good stats, but also since Emberwake lets you double ignite, you should get another 20% dmg boost since you always ignite twice, and maybe even proc shocked with shaper of storm.
Edit: Im feeling like this is getting out of hand, if we dont stop, GGG will just insta nerf us :(

Keep in mind that one is just a flat (boring) +20% Damage modifier, not a more modifier. And according to PoB this whole line never even applies..so not quite sure if it works with Totems applying the Explosion.

But even without that, Ring is still great.

And yeah, the Build will be nerfed ofc, it's too meta atm. Everyone's playing it. (Wasn't invented in this thread)
"
Schejian wrote:
"

Keep in mind that one is just a flat (boring) +20% Damage modifier, not a more modifier. And according to PoB this whole line never even applies..so not quite sure if it works with Totems applying the Explosion.

But even without that, Ring is still great.

And yeah, the Build will be nerfed ofc, it's too meta atm. Everyone's playing it. (Wasn't invented in this thread)

Okay, thats good to know I guess.
Are you sure that Taming is better than Emberwake?
Because PoB gives me a slight dmg loss over Emberwake, or is this just one of those things thats not calculated right?

Maybe its because im still using a 6-l Quill Rain?
Last edited by Deadbystruggling on Feb 13, 2022, 6:59:28 PM
Most people play the build also because it's new. Caster skelly necro performed just as good, perhaps even better for me last league, so right now, I personally don't feel where the OPness of the build comes from. Maybe it scales ridiculously good with gear into the hyper endgame but I personally had a far easier time with skelly mages. The build also had better survivability, far easier playstyle because you never had to worry about accuracy/atk speed, and its clear and bossing potential was insane.

Meanwhile this build requires quite some investment to get off the ground. It only started to feel good for me after lvl 90 and unnatural instinct. And even now with like 12 mil ignite dps it still doesn't feel on par with my skelly mages on similar investment.

It's a strong build but it has pretty steep requirements to earn the OP title imo.
@exec85, here you go

https://pastebin.com/GZcwMhAL

This is actually updated from that last vid. My next post (on next page) shows a new vid with it for Eater of Worlds.
Last edited by brunowa on Feb 13, 2022, 7:17:48 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info