3.23 EXPLOSIVE ARROW BALLISTA ELEMENTALIST - League-Start to End-Game. Easy mode.

I'm still leveling (just entered act 8, around 60ish in level), but I feel like i might be doing something wrong. Specifically, gem levels. What should each of my gems be leveled to? So far I just been leveling everything each time but I get the feeling I probably shouldn't be doing that, but the guide didn't mention where to stop on each.
"
Could this build profit from Emberwake Ruby Ring?
Mathematicly it should give a nice damage boost, or does it not?

Item Class: Rings
Rarity: Unique
Emberwake
Ruby Ring
--------
Requirements:
Level: 16
--------
Item Level: 76
--------
+24% to Fire Resistance (implicit)
--------
30% increased Fire Damage
6% increased Cast Speed
10% chance to Ignite
40% less Burning Damage
You can inflict an additional Ignite on an Enemy
--------
Leave the world in flames behind you.

Pob shows more them 40% dps increased with that ring. Not sure if is right tought.
"
pra-lima87 wrote:
Got to maps finally. First time doing a totem build. So far dps is good. But I'm a glass cannon.
Still biggest problem is mana management. Not a big fan of using a mana flask.
Any node we could take to improve mana management?

Current gear:
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable

mana -> clarity aura, scrap wrath
survive ... well, starter gear ;), but the MAJOR issue: no life on helmet, boots, gloves etc etc ... this is a flaw, fix this first ... later you want to have 100% spell suppression on top ( via items + tree nodes ).
... anything else can be done later ( i hope you have capped res 75@ at least ).

in general about my feeling as a former FP totems player :
i currently run juiced t16 usually deadless with no issue at 4.500 life ... 100% spell supp and of some course properly set up defensive flasks - ok, i have "a bit" more dps than you, so everything dies, and this compares not fair.
but its a progression towards the mentioned defensive part, offense will later not be a major problem.

sure, we do usually not try to facetank everything and try to dodge, this has to be learned ( while still the build feels really tanky for me )
Last edited by bex_HB on Feb 13, 2022, 5:43:21 AM
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
"
pra-lima87 wrote:
Could this build profit from Emberwake Ruby Ring?
Mathematicly it should give a nice damage boost, or does it not?

Was thinkinh about Emberwake too.

It's a nice DPS Boost on Bosses. Instead of one ignite doing 100% dmg, you'll get two doing 60% each.

But comes with two Downsides:

1, No RES/Life. We'r already HP starved.

2, 40% Less Dmg on single Explosion, so you'll slow down on trash.

For mana issues:

You can also just go for Lifetap and ignore mana altogether, at the loss of some DPS (Lifetap is just a +19% more DPS, other Supports are stronger)

Bit it will also free up one Flask Slot (no mana flask anymore) and with Enlighten you can try to fit in all 3x 50% Auras

Last edited by Schejian on Feb 13, 2022, 6:12:23 AM
Had a go at Simulacrum, managed to do 30 Waves, albeit not deathless.

Here's a vid of waves 28, 29, and 30 for those interested:

https://youtu.be/QmaGy4qL0gs

Just hit 97 too. So I'm now going to spec into full DPS mode (will double my DPS) and see how it feels :)
My damage feels bull compared to the vids :( ... Don't even know what is wrong :( ... https://pastebin.com/gvSAGn3g
Never invite Vorana, Last To Fall at a beer party.
hahahah, my first boss test of going full DPS mode (still with amazing defence btw):

https://youtu.be/yBpRdIvNapc

Just stand and observe his igniting death. Oh this could be fun... things are just heating up for this build guys :)
"
Schejian wrote:

It's a nice DPS Boost on Bosses. Instead of one ignite doing 100% dmg, you'll get two doing 60% each.

How does the math works on Emberwake? Using the reduction only to burning damage? On pob emberwake provides a huge dps gain.

"
Schejian wrote:

You can also just go for Lifetap

Can I go lifetap while still levelling? Lv 75 now. Most guides only go on endgame
"
brunowa wrote:
hahahah, my first boss test of going full DPS mode (still with amazing defence btw):

https://youtu.be/yBpRdIvNapc

Just stand and observe his igniting death. Oh this could be fun... things are just heating up for this build guys :)

true, i am not even close to maxed, but did both the new bosses ( the voidstone droppings ) easily ... only died because i did watch the wrong boss "howto" and did not know the area effects, yet lol

... at 4.5k life

this build is a beast ^^
"
Vendetta wrote:
My damage feels bull compared to the vids :( ... Don't even know what is wrong :( ... https://pastebin.com/gvSAGn3g

Attackspeed is very very low. You only get up to 8 Fuses.
Might think about switching to faster attacks gem.

You can get up to +25%Attackspeed on Quiver, +18% on Gloves.

Also buy an lvl21 EA gem.

Keep Essence Crafting your bow. Right now it's an empty +2 gemlvl bow.

Last edited by Schejian on Feb 13, 2022, 8:36:20 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info