Last Epoch is POE Killer now

"
Nubatron wrote:
Ummmm....did it die yet?

It's an Early Access.
CASUAL GAMER
Hello!

Well I have played LE once in 2020 when granted me access to the game since it passed it's official release day and I had pre-purchased it for 10 bucks in 2019 pre-alpha state.
It was a terrible game with many visual issues including performance and blinding people's eyes. Content wasn't there at all, just some arena and some monolith without the today's mono web designs etc.
But i was not surprised, just an early access game.

A month ago heard about upcoming Multiplayer update 0.9 patch or whatever they are calling it and logged in to catch up on the game and see how it's doing.
Believe me or not, a lot has improved but there is still some visual issues and performance issues but only in certain zones. In most of the zones performance is ok, as well as most visuals perform well BUT there is still some specific ones that eat your FPS like hungry bears also blinding you.

And despite the announcement about future plans for trading... current Multiplayer release won't have it. Also there is one singular channel in the game called "All" where you just can't read anything since everyone is spamming.
There is no party search engine, or just UI board to allow people to post "Looking for group or player(said dps,etc )" so others can see and connect.
Just basics - add a friend, invite them.

Not gonna talk about the unpolished loot system .. But overall LE is far from killing anyone.

Believe me or not I do not like where PoE was heading to in the past few years and played very little of it but that wouldn't change the fact that I still think PoE is the best game out there in this genre.
I dislike current PoE because of too much focus on power-creep and bloated gameplay. I do understand they need to sell stash tabs but the amount of quantity of items you see and even Need to pick up is ridiculous. Also PoE have sped up so much compared to end-game in 2014-2015 for example that you can't even see stuff anymore. 1 shot blast fiesta until you get one shot, eh some might like it... I personally don't..

Conclusion : Don't worry, PoE is still the best. I have never played PoE through Steam so +1 on the counter for whoever is counting. :D
"
BobsynS wrote:
Hello!

Not gonna talk about the LE unpolished loot system .. But overall LE is far from killing anyone.

LE shits bricks on PoE loot system. It's far more simplified and satisfying.
"
Imaginaerum wrote:
at this point I'm not even convinced Diablo 4 will do any damage to Path of Exile. It'll probably boost PoE's player numbers, I mean I learned of PoE on the Diablo 3 forums those many many years ago

Well technically you cannot damage what is already broken. Probably a little over 100k (steam charts + players playing stand alone version) players when d4 launches

Years and years of "we are happy on how it turned out", without actually listening to anything, will eventually bring the demise to Chris's vision of hard.

But on the bright side, he can now try his version of "we don't need a large player base"...Now he can actually see how that feels like.
Never invite Vorana, Last To Fall at a beer party.
Last edited by Vendetta on Mar 9, 2023, 1:11:37 AM
"
moedexter wrote:
"
BobsynS wrote:
Hello!

Not gonna talk about the LE unpolished loot system .. But overall LE is far from killing anyone.

Entire point of poe is not be simplified that's satisfying not this baby shit that you see in d3 LE and all that shit.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
moedexter wrote:
"
BobsynS wrote:
Hello!

gets kind of boring just waiting for the right exalted mod to drop on the right base as the only upgrade path you have tbh....
(سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س
"
Coconutdoggy wrote:
"
moedexter wrote:
"
BobsynS wrote:
Hello!

Entire point of poe is not be simplified that's satisfying not this baby shit that you see in d3 LE and all that shit.

+1
Got to agree with I_NO
"
Coconutdoggy wrote:
"
moedexter wrote:
"
BobsynS wrote:
Hello!

there is a middle ground between simplified and the over-bloated, over-convoluted, overly complex just for the sake of complexity ... bull**** that is POE
These threads on LE inspired me to look it up, and it's still in early access. I really hate this trend of trying to sell 'early access' games rather than having finished products. Especially when it's apparently been in early access for years; it's one thing if you're say selling something in late beta that's coming out in a couple months but still needs some polish and bug-fixing. But stuff that's years away? boooooo.
Watching Pohx and others stream LE what I hope to see is PoE adopt some of the features. Buying stash tabs with in-game currency instead of real $ is great. Fully baked in UI for a loot filter? great. Trade factions? Fantastic! Just bring back legacy Harvest in an SSF-like faction and trade leagues can continue to exist without that.

The game looks fun but they still don't compare to PoE's character animation and sound to-date (not forgetting that it took GGG years to perfect in order to get to this point). LE reminds me of Grim Dawn movement and spell casting - even though the spells themselves look pretty cool in LE. They did say they will continue to improve but a lot of devs seem to fail to get some fundamentals just right and this is where PoE nailed some of that attention to detail really early on. I hate characters that look like they are meant to walk on the ground but they look like they are floating instead because their steps aren't in sync with their movement speed or whatever else. These types of details are enough for me to never try a game.

D4 on the other hand already looks like it will surpass PoE character UI and overall immersive environments. You can really feel the weight in the barbarian's movement and steps and the Blizzard team has always had developers with an eye for detail. The spells look absolutely incredible in D4. D4's incinerate vs. PoE's incinerate? Yeah... Also, PoE is long gone from it's "dark" roots and I don't think they will ever bring that back without some hard decisions. However, PoE2 looks like it's on par or not far behind in some of these areas. I was blown away when GGG rolled out the new water tech years ago but the art direction of their MTX and spell effects broke a lot of that immersion. All that said, D4's fun factor and complexity is to be determined but I am pretty hyped to try out early beta that's right around the corner.

Anyway, LE has a ways to go before it reaches the caliber of PoE or even D4, but they are catching up quick and they are certainly coming up with innovative solutions to things like trade and crafting which I hope get adopted by the competition.
✰CARD✰ The Survivalist
I can’t buy any more big supporter packs because the forum only supports showing 7 legacy tags.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info