Last Epoch is POE Killer now

"
Shagsbeard wrote:
It sure is taking it's own sweet time.

and its not bad! need more competitions
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead
"
Hackusations wrote:

You do realize that's literally just a criticism of trade and not PoE inherent progression right?

There isn't going to be a PoE killer until an ARPG comes out that revolutionizes or defines a new sub-genre because anything new in the same game space as PoE is never going to compete with the volume of content and systems this game has accumulated over a decade.

Lol what is the progression in PoE? FFS your item filter now has a non-render option because the game is so full of shit...literally.

Or I guess you could spend hours div farming areas, or idk, close your eyes and craft slam.

PoE is killing itself. And while it will never totally die, I think total irrelevance isnt far off. So sure a few thousand might play the game, but nobody will really care.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
Last edited by DarthSki44 on Sep 17, 2021, 1:31:01 PM
Any game in a state good enough to have people with thousands of hours played posting about how dead and irrelevant it is instead of playing another game in the genre, or any other game at all, or literally doing anything else with their lives is probably neither dead nor irrelevant.
"
innervation wrote:
Any game in a state good enough to have people with thousands of hours played posting about how dead and irrelevant it is instead of playing another game in the genre, or any other game at all, or literally doing anything else with their lives is probably neither dead nor irrelevant.

Right because lurking a game forum takes all of 30 fucking seconds.

Hell I look at this on my phone while the FFXIV login loads.

And especially this forum, where the traffic has dwindled to a crawl, it's so easy to stay current with General Discussion and new posts.

I'm mean come on.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
"
Hackusations wrote:

You do realize that's literally just a criticism of trade and not PoE inherent progression right?

There isn't going to be a PoE killer until an ARPG comes out that revolutionizes or defines a new sub-genre because anything new in the same game space as PoE is never going to compete with the volume of content and systems this game has accumulated over a decade.

No it's PoE's core progression mechanic and you certainly feel it whether or not you trade. PoE's core design is that the primary way you should achieve any goal is trading first and foremost and doing it constantly.

Anyway also the bloated game isn't the draw you might think it is. There's no need to try and compete with PoE's bloat just make a solid game with solid mechanics and a coherent direction.
Last Epoch has a chance. A small one.

Diablo 2 had a pretty long life span, because it was (and remained) the best of its genre for many years. PoE holds that role now, for lots of people. And while gamers these days have the attention span of a toddler, GGG have made themselves a pretty nice recipe to make each league semi-unique, making people wanting to come back for that "new" experience. They also revamp their endgame once a year, to enhance that "new" experience.

I think "progressive" and "endgame" are two VERY important keywords to make a successful (lasting) ARPG these days. Give players enough reasons to keep coming back for more (progressive), while at the same time give them enough reasons to stay (endgame). If Last Epoch can nail both of those, who knows?

Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
imagine using the word poe killer unironically
"
DarthSki44 wrote:
"
Hackusations wrote:

Lol what is the progression in PoE? FFS your item filter now has a non-render option because the game is so full of shit...literally.

Or I guess you could spend hours div farming areas, or idk, close your eyes and craft slam.

PoE is killing itself. And while it will never totally die, I think total irrelevance isnt far off. So sure a few thousand might play the game, but nobody will really care.

Dude, you are literally arguing with someone who has supporter packs AND has 21 challenges sunk into the worst league of all time.

They desperately need to be right, and prove how much "nuh uh this league is best ever and the playerbase leaving means NOTHING"

Because if that's not true, that means they have wasted all this time on a trash league and game that's circling the drain that they could have spent doing something else.

People can't admit it to themselves when they have made the wrong choice, and will double down as hard as they possibly can just so they don't have to admit to themselves that what they have chosen to do or to purchase was the worst possible option.
"
TheDarkKhan wrote:
"
DarthSki44 wrote:
"
Hackusations wrote:

Dude, you are literally arguing with someone who has supporter packs AND has 21 challenges sunk into the worst league of all time.

He's also arguing with me, who satisfies neither of those characteristics. And btw, he has 13 supporter packs himself. So how does your cute little model account for all that huh? Or are you just concocting explanations out of thin air to discount people who disagree with you?

Ironically, your closing paragraph makes for a fitting rejoinder -

"
People can't admit it to themselves when they [are wrong], and will double down as hard as they possibly can just so they don't have to admit to themselves that [they're wrong]

Apparently including reaching for any explanation they can think of to discredit those who think differently. That's a weak tactic, and it's telling that you felt the need to stoop to it.
Last edited by Exile009 on Sep 19, 2021, 11:46:42 PM
"
TheDarkKhan wrote:

They desperately need to be right, and prove how much "nuh uh this league is best ever and the playerbase leaving means NOTHING"

Because if that's not true, that means they have wasted all this time on a trash league and game that's circling the drain that they could have spent doing something else.

People can't admit it to themselves when they have made the wrong choice, and will double down as hard as they possibly can just so they don't have to admit to themselves that what they have chosen to do or to purchase was the worst possible option.

Doesn't it hurt to be this narrow minded?

Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info