'Legacy' items policy, re:patch 0.10.5

"
guidoo wrote:
"
Rodvik wrote:

Other gear isn't making a HUGE impact on the race ladder like silverbranch is currently doing, due to the simple fact that Silverbranch can mow down groups of mobs in a matter of seconds.

You cannot honestly believe that it has any significant impact to be honest.

I personally don't run races, but I do know the power of a +2 Psn Cloud with a Silverbranch, I can run into a zone shoot 1 arrow and kill 10 mobs in the process of running to the next pack without even looking back.

So yes I believe it makes a huge impact on races for people who are lucky enough to get one as a drop. Especially at lower levels.

Even with a group of two its OP. You should test it out yourself in softcore with someone if you know anyone that has one. I'd demonstrate but I'm at work.
Last edited by Rodvik on Apr 7, 2013, 9:43:47 PM
"
Rodvik wrote:

I personally don't run races, but I do know the power of a +2 Psn Cloud with a Silverbranch, I can run into a zone shoot 1 arrow and kill 10 mobs in the process of running to the next pack without even looking back.

So yes I believe it makes a huge impact on races for people who are lucky enough to get one as a drop. Especially at lower levels.

Even with a group of two its OP. You should test it out yourself in softcore with someone if you know anyone that has one. I'd demonstrate but I'm at work.

I'll explain. You can't possibly believe that silverbranches drop often enough in races to have any significant impact. Because it's just not true. You can look at the results, generally the people who end up in the top are the same. If silverbranches were that big an issue during races, you'd notice it.

You can shoot 1 poison arrow and 1 fire trap and you'll still kill any group of 10 mobs, so there's barely any difference there. I don't need a silverbranch to test that out, you can do it with any bow.

RNG in races is a huge factor. If you are lucky enough to get a unique, good for you. It's no different from the guy who gets movement speed on his boots, or any other powerful low level unique.
I wish you would change all of the Volls protector to all one consistent item type as well instead of having pre patch and post patch volls? Why not just change the item across the board? I dont think anyone having an old Volls is going to complain and it just seems frustrating/unnecessary for trading or any function at all honestly.
"
Wagpaw wrote:
I wish you would change all of the Volls protector to all one consistent item type as well instead of having pre patch and post patch volls? Why not just change the item across the board? I dont think anyone having an old Volls is going to complain and it just seems frustrating/unnecessary for trading or any function at all honestly.

They did, it would have been very time consuming from them not to as they changed the mechanics of the Volls special property.
"An it harm none, do what you will"
I'm more in the camp of it's ok to create legacy items.

I don't see why "Unique" (the defined term) items shouldn't come in vastly different flavours over time.

In fact, I'd go a step further and say there should be special times (eg days or weeks) where, for example, a [insert unique item here] drops with certain large + or - variances against its base. Could make for fun madcap farming.

Let's try and make uniques more...unique!

Petrov.
Last edited by mrpetrov on Apr 8, 2013, 5:02:57 AM
"
guidoo wrote:
"
Rodvik wrote:

I'll explain. You can't possibly believe that silverbranches drop often enough in races to have any significant impact. Because it's just not true. You can look at the results, generally the people who end up in the top are the same. If silverbranches were that big an issue during races, you'd notice it.

You can shoot 1 poison arrow and 1 fire trap and you'll still kill any group of 10 mobs, so there's barely any difference there. I don't need a silverbranch to test that out, you can do it with any bow.

RNG in races is a huge factor. If you are lucky enough to get a unique, good for you. It's no different from the guy who gets movement speed on his boots, or any other powerful low level unique.

See, this is really where I am coming from as well. It seems to me that they are creating a huge issue out of something very small. Why not just lower the drop rates of Silverbranch a bit? Or not worry about it?

I explained earlier that this is no different than if I find a bunch of alchs and chaos before reaching Brutus.

If I am running a race and I find the unique Woodsplitter I'm going to have a huge advantage right? Better nerf it!
Team Won
Last edited by ggnorekthx on Apr 8, 2013, 9:43:59 AM
I'm adding my voice, I say bully to legacy items as well. Either don't change it, or change it across the board! Now it's "play early to win", if you will. Those who got a silverbranch already have an easier time of it. If it's too powerful then just change it.

-Aaron
"
aaronsan wrote:
I'm adding my voice, I say bully to legacy items as well. Either don't change it, or change it across the board! Now it's "play early to win", if you will. Those who got a silverbranch already have an easier time of it. If it's too powerful then just change it.

-Aaron

This is another part of the issue. If it's too powerful, then change them all, otherwise it defeats the purpose of the nerf. If it's not too powerful, then why nerf it at all?
I also don't think, 'legacy' items should exist. If any item is op enough to nerf it, all of it should be nerfed.
(Not like i see the problem with silverbranch now, i just hate the idea of seeing: "WTB ver10.4 silverbranch" and stuff like that)
IGN: Maelifica
"
Arrogant wrote:
"
Chris wrote:
There are already time-limited things in the economy like Demigod's Presences and Triumphs.

There are many, many types of changes that we will have to do over the years that will leave items in a state they can't currently spawn in. This is very difficult to avoid, unfortunately.

Why is it necessary to keep the old ones as is? The new bow is no longer a silverbranch it is now Silverbranch B, a worthless item. I do not see why nerfs should only affect new items while buffs are retroactive.

Indeed. Why not just change them *all*?

Invited to Beta 2012-03-18 / Supporter since 2012-04-08

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info