⛵☁️[3.25] The Arachnophobia Allstars| Chaos Guardian CI|The dirty Scorpion-tail|Herald of Agony 150M+

"
ZRzAJBlvNx wrote:
just trying to boost damage to level up faster.

Chance to poison instead of culling strike.
Lvl 21 hoag instead of div hoag lvl 19 (until u get div 21).
Triad grip with 4 white sockets.

Edit: Chaos mastery for +1 to all chaos skill gems too (from Corruption notable ring).

Problem solved.
Last edited by monik390 on Jul 9, 2022, 2:14:11 AM
Hey! I just wanted to thank you (and everyone else who worked on the build) for the work you put into this build. I've played it several leagues now and have gotten 40/40 with it twice in a row. I really enjoy scorpion bro.

I made some light alterations, as one is meant to, to fit my playstyle, which is definitely into tankyness a lot more than damage. Managed to get pretty indecently tanky by the end of it.

Me and uber eater had a fun 10-min dance where I ignored him and he ignored me until he ragequit the match due to scorpion annoyance :)

https://pastebin.com/4Zv7BJrd

Thanks again. Maybe the above can give you some insight or inspiration. I'm definitely a megalomaniac fan. There's plenty of min-maxing upgrade room left, but I can't be bothered at that point. Either way, cheers!
"
ZRzAJBlvNx wrote:
Quick question about a weird problem. Just cobbled this together and it's not finished (flasks, jewels etc) and it's already tanky as a battleship. When I was puttering around and switched off Grace my recoverable ES goes from 4100 or so down to 84. I was going to switch off grace for purity of elements to do a synthesized map and to temporarily boost the damage until I get more levels using mothers embrace belt and vinktars etc. Figured in my current configuration it needs a damage boost as t16 and guardian bossing is tedious at under 1 million dps. Anyways removing the grace gem doesnt seem to help. When I change instances it goes down to 84 energy shield. https://pastebin.com/fXhnuxq4 POB shows the recoverable ES dropping to 84 also when grace is turned off but I dont see where that interaction is coming from. Any help appreciated.

Solved. Ghost Shroud. Might have to get another Skin or work around it. No biggie just trying to boost damage to level up faster.

Hi ZRzAJBlvNx!

You have on your boots-implicits chance to avoid poison, that will stop 50% the effect of the jewel the golden rule and you get much less HoA virulences and much less damage singletarget. Change it out.

Unaffected by poison is okay, avoidance poison lowers damage (also of mobs in maps/ invitations). As CI you are poison-damage-immune, but need the poison (with zero damage taken) to generate virulences.
Last edited by Chromino on Jul 9, 2022, 2:18:37 PM
"
bouture wrote:
Hey! I just wanted to thank you (and everyone else who worked on the build) for the work you put into this build. I've played it several leagues now and have gotten 40/40 with it twice in a row. I really enjoy scorpion bro.

I made some light alterations, as one is meant to, to fit my playstyle, which is definitely into tankyness a lot more than damage. Managed to get pretty indecently tanky by the end of it.

Me and uber eater had a fun 10-min dance where I ignored him and he ignored me until he ragequit the match due to scorpion annoyance :)

Thanks again. Maybe the above can give you some insight or inspiration. I'm definitely a megalomaniac fan. There's plenty of min-maxing upgrade room left, but I can't be bothered at that point. Either way, cheers!

Congratulations Bouture! 100 lvls and 40-40 challenges won are totally champion awesome! Arachnophilia!

This shield of yours is unmatched and never seen before! Woooow! B.o.b.i.s. (best of best in slot).
Helmet is best, forbidden Flame and flesh totally great! That is Allstars-style!

I need to check your pob close later! But (in poeninja-rankings) your a bit longer pathing collecting another jewel-slot and another cluster-slot is great and looking perfect for your setup!

In change for loosing 5 passives, when I counted correct, you get more flexible in clusters and jewels. I fear the forbidden Flame and flesh and helmet is important for the manamanagement, but it's looking perfect! 8.5 k es - you can always tank one hit more on top!

But you're going without anti-bleeding flask?

Thank you a lot! Very interesting and top well done!
Last edited by Chromino on Jul 9, 2022, 2:19:01 PM
I was rolling mods on my boots and ran out of ichors for the moment so was stuck with the silly poison mod. TBH it doesnt seem to affect stacks much. I switch out culling strike to chance to poison for bosses as in longer fights mana is an issue if you just stand and facetank for more than a few seconds. I cannot switch to a triad white setup due to dex at the moment. I have other cluster jewels I am rolling to get better mods when I swith out some of the mediums clusters with mana reservation small clusters to get more virulence. Being stuck at 50 virulence for the moment but getting to 60 then 70 is the end goal.

The build is so tanky it doesnt need flasks really IF you can get immune to ignites and corrupted blood. It's why I considered the mothers milk route since the flasks can boost damage 30%+ overall. Charges and coralitos and such are just so good on minions.
"
ZRzAJBlvNx wrote:
I was rolling mods on my boots and ran out of ichors for the moment so was stuck with the silly poison mod. TBH it doesnt seem to affect stacks much. I switch out culling strike to chance to poison for bosses as in longer fights mana is an issue if you just stand and facetank for more than a few seconds. I cannot switch to a triad white setup due to dex at the moment. I have other cluster jewels I am rolling to get better mods when I swith out some of the mediums clusters with mana reservation small clusters to get more virulence. Being stuck at 50 virulence for the moment but getting to 60 then 70 is the end goal.

The build is so tanky it doesnt need flasks really IF you can get immune to ignites and corrupted blood. It's why I considered the mothers milk route since the flasks can boost damage 30%+ overall. Charges and coralitos and such are just so good on minions.

Storm burst lvl 1, ball lightning lvl 1 - mana problems solved (if not - get Mystic Bulwark node).

It seems I should probably explain some stuff.

1) Reaching hoag lvl 31 is mandatory and must be done asap - there is a huge damage spike there. Lvl 21 hoag is better then lvl 20 div hoag in this case. A lot.

2) Those things I listed in my previous post are all mandatory. And all of that will solve your damage problem completely.

3) Stable 60 virulence is easy to get with 100% chance to poison. Just Storm Burst + Chance to poison alone would do the job. Linked with cwc + ball lightning it would instantly max virulence regardless of maximum virulence possible.
If you are not stable on maximum virulence - you are loosing crapload of damage.

That is why it is important. Get normal lvl 21 hoag, do gem setup properly, add a couple of pure agonies, add coralito and you'll double your hoag damage.

Triad grip will add about 30% more damage on top of that. Consider getting dex from a better ring and passive tree.

I don't know what's your elegant hubris adds, but I clearly see 12 passive points that could do a better job.

Edit: Due to lvl issue, 55 virulence are fine. At page 334 (check it tho, some useful stuff there) there was my old pob I started 30/30 simulacrums with.

UPD: here - https://pastebin.com/KyejHZ5E
For lvl 91 remove cult leaders/serp spellslinger and Deep Thoughts mana node. With all of that, at lvl 91 It has 8m dps, 6.2k es and completely mana/virulence stable.

UPD2: It's a Simulacrum 30/30 dedicated build, some stuff can be dropped/altered like tempest shield instead of purity of elements, boots, etc.
Last edited by monik390 on Jul 9, 2022, 2:42:29 PM
rerolled ring so now I'm corrupting triad grips as 4 white sockets are 20+ exalts atm. The elegant hubris is a 320% damage jewel. Currently pathed for 160%. It was laying around and worked for the moment. I'll add the coralitos as I have some. Rerolling some other jewels to add an agony and keep mana reservation in line. I went with survivability and other than ignites am immortal atm. Thanks and will keep you posted.
"
Chromino wrote:
"
bouture wrote:

Congratulations Bouture! 100 lvls and 40-40 challenges won are totally champion awesome! Arachnophilia!

This shield of yours is unmatched and never seen before! Woooow! B.o.b.i.s. (best of best in slot).
Helmet is best, forbidden Flame and flesh totally great! That is Allstars-style!

I need to check your pob close later! But (in poeninja-rankings) your a bit longer pathing collecting another jewel-slot and another cluster-slot is great and looking perfect for your setup!

In change for loosing 5 passives, when I counted correct, you get more flexible in clusters and jewels. I fear the forbidden Flame and flesh and helmet is important for the manamanagement, but it's looking perfect! 8.5 k es - you can always tank one hit more on top!

But you're going without anti-bleeding flask?

Thank you a lot! Very interesting and top well done!

Hey, thanks!

I went for another cluster because I needed more gem sockets to fit in melding and go 90 all res. I use a crappy cluster with +2 cold res (along with purity of ice & aegis) to get to 90. If it wasn't for melding I wouldn't grab that third bottom left cluster :)

As for the bleeding flask.. I'm lazy and it hasn't been a problem? But good call haha :)

Cheers!
"
monik390 wrote:
"
Chromino wrote:

Of course it's beside also a question of favour - which skill is most fun to play for yourself.

How is animate weapon doing as guardian? A very nice old skill.

Agree on that.

As for AW - kinda felt nostalgetic (built a very strong inquisitor in 3.13 with ~90m dps) and decided to try it this league.

Didn't push it far, just killed some ubers and got in poe.ninja rankings as the only guardian using animated weapon xD

Mostly was doing research about mechanics, variations and stuff without investing hundreds of exalts in 1 build. Got some nice ideas, and that's it. Will keep them for future.

Still strong and clunky as always, nothing changed.

Your build was a great experience for me. All that work, discussions and theory helped me to get a deeper understanding about defensive mechanics and some useful interactions, so i can build my characters in a better way now.

And yep, i had a really smooth start w/o any issues at any stage of the progress with my AW guardian bc of that.

Thanks a lot.

Currently, i'm not sure if i will play herald of agony next couple of leagues bc there are too many things i want to try with AW, but i'm sure i will contribute to this thread again some day (p.s. like, ugh, today...xD)

The concept of hoag guardian is just too good, and i can't deny that.

As for page 334, I think I'll add Valsacars build there, since right now it's just better than mine was. He played that variant for 3 leagues in a row now, and done more than me with it =)

Oh, and I will also add some other pobs too, with melding flesh and another body armor. Basically, will share some stuff I came up with while discussing things with Valsacar.

Hehe!

I love animate weapons too - it's only complex when you reenter fights to spawn again. I am extreme curious how you will build it up and for your new ideas!

Yes, overall the allstars remain by far the most strong and tanky guardian minion build. We need more compettition! Hehe!

But I hope your arachnophil passion is everlasting - when GGG means with the new announced balances of skills not only nerfs next, the upcoming league will be amazing for much optimizations. Page 500 is in close reach and your variations, optimizations and ideas are needed!!
I hope that zombies or phantasms are buffed to be utilized top!

Yooo, with new eldritch boots and melding of the flesh/ purity of ice the old page 334 lost some upsides of it's 3.16 charming stuff like the choice of stampede or purity of elements.

Valsacar does so many great tipps and great details and possibilities too!
The allstars-community benefits so much of you and your skills! And for me it's always so interesting to see your optimizations! Thank you so much!

Last edited by Chromino on Jul 11, 2022, 3:45:09 PM
"
Chromino wrote:

Yooo, with new eldritch boots and melding of the flesh/ purity of ice the old page 334 lost some upsides of it's 3.16 charming stuff like the choice of stampede or purity of elements.

Actually, not xD Both purities of elements/ice are fitted like a charm, and stampedes are actually a requirement for that xD

I added some new pobs there. Definetely not as tanky as your build, but still able to utilize cyclone with stampede boots. Real downside is a budget tho, but whatever. Some allstar whales probably would be interested.

I definitely will keep in check 3.19 patchnotes for hoag and will share my thoughts here.

Really can't wait for next league =)
Last edited by monik390 on Jul 11, 2022, 4:20:31 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info