⛵☁️[3.25] The Arachnophobia Allstars| Chaos Guardian CI|The dirty Scorpion-tail|Herald of Agony 100M

"
chaoswind7 wrote:
Hi,

Thanks for the great build. Its really tanky and fun because I rarely died.. Definitely the tankiet build i played so far.

However in POB the damage seem very low & i've already completed 2 minion damage cluster setup. Can someone help me out?

Also need some advise to improve the build further. I'm at level 92 with 6.6k ES & 52k armour.

https://pastebin.com/mqNPtQF4

Your pob setup shows inactive hoag gem in weapon swap (284k dps). Your real hoag dps is 1.6 million, which is fine. Your hoag damage isn't improved at all by Summon Phantasm, so your total dps is higher (also not including spiders of course).

You can get small dps boost by getting quality on gems. Alternatively you can get Awakened Minion Damage. Empower 4 gives 0.2m dps increase.

After you take Sovereignty (and three travel nodes) and two travel nodes towards Influence, you can ditch both small clusters. Since small clusters take 4 points, you need only two levels for this (and upcoming third level gives the Influence for 131 es and 4671 armor). This frees two jewel sockets and you can get stuff like Fortress Covenant.

Buy 1/20 Desecrate for faster casting. It's couple of chaos.

You have two curses, but no way to apply both. Also the other one is Elemental Weakness, which does nothing. Switch out the other ring.

There are many skill and support gems, which would gain bonuses from alternative quality versions. Check them out (check my profile for example).

I'd swap one Quicksilver flask for Basalt flask.
Last edited by Wermine on Aug 31, 2021, 5:48:57 AM
Thanks for the quick reply. Actually i've been buying new Shield, boots, glove & belt jewel for quite cheap surprisingly and now my ES is 7.2k.

Total spend now is about 15ex (including everything -body ,amulet all jewel et) which is very very cheap considering this built is very tanky and easy to play.

1. Thank for the advice on small cluster drop after Sovereignty & influence Gonna do this next.

3. About the curses, i actually bought the 2 ring becuae HOAG reduce reservation. the ele weakness comes with the ring.

4. I'm thinking to change split personality to int+mana (6ex) but not sure it will be worth it, i mean the ES increase from my current split personality (int+armour).

5. About the other enchant HOAG fire additional projectile, how much is damage increase to single target? or is it just for mapping only?

Last edited by chaoswind7 on Aug 31, 2021, 6:50:52 AM
"
chaoswind7 wrote:
Thanks for the quick reply. Actually i've been buying new Shield, boots, glove & belt jewel for quite cheap surprisingly and now my ES is 7.2k.

Total spend now is about 15ex (including everything -body ,amulet all jewel et) which is very very cheap considering this built is very tanky and easy to play.

You can also play this with Skin of the Loyal and use +1 skills amulet and it's even cheaper. At this point of the league, it's very cheap build to get to T16.

"
chaoswind7 wrote:

1. I was wondering that too becaus my reseve mana was too high. How to enable HOAG in POB? It already ticked at skill tab

HoaG is selected correctly in POB. But Vaal Discipline has to be set manually. Now POB selects the vaal skill by default and normal skill is not selected at all. Unselect vaal version and select normal version. Then your reserved mana is shown correctly.

"
chaoswind7 wrote:

3. About the curses, i actually bought the 2 ring becuae HOAG reduce reservation. the ele weakness comes with the ring.

Unfortunately that curse implicit renders that ring unusable. You need to get new one. But those are cheap.

"
chaoswind7 wrote:

4. I'm thinking to change split personality to int+mana (6ex) but not sure it will be worth it, i mean the ES increase from my current split personality
(int+armour).

Search all alternatives from the trade site, copy item and paste into POB. Write down how much you get es and armor from each and decide which version you're going to buy. The budget versions are very cheap and are barely worse than the best one. Personally I use one armor+es and one mana+es.

"
chaoswind7 wrote:

5. About the other enchant HOAG fire additional projectile, how much is damage increase to single target? or is it just for mapping only?

You can't shotgun with HoaG. So that enchant is only for clear. But since 3.15 introduced increased mana multipliers, I don't think we can afford to take anything but reservation reduction helmet enchant.

Edit: If you can fit another skillgem, Defiance Banner gives nice armour boost. It needs Charisma for it though. And you'll be left with "too much" mana (around 300). You can mitigate this by taking Aura Effect near Sovereignty and regretting one Reduced Reservation node. Then you're left with 12 mana and you need one jewel with reduced reservation corruption. Personally I just play with 155 unreserved mana. Used to be ~300 with my old setup.

DISCLAIMER: Check all the things in POB before buying or doing anything. You might be left with negative mana or too little mana if I calculated things wrong.
Last edited by Wermine on Aug 31, 2021, 7:05:10 AM
Thank for the explanation.

I dont understand below part though. What do you mean unusable? the ring stat like reduce reservation and HOAG damage still count right? How does it effect my character?

"

Unfortunately that curse implicit renders that ring unusable. You need to get new one. But those are cheap.

"
chaoswind7 wrote:

I dont understand below part though. What do you mean unusable? the ring stat like reduce reservation and HOAG damage still count right? How does it effect my character?

"

You curse enemies with Sniper's Mark when you're stunned (or blocking stunning hit). That's good. But you also curse enemies with Elemental Weakness when you hit them (with Ball Lightning). That's bad. Your Elemental Weakness overrides Sniper's Mark constantly, thus your good curse is never active.

If you get Whispers of Doom and ring with Vulnerability on hit (zero on sale, even accounting offline guys), you'd be golden.
Last edited by Wermine on Aug 31, 2021, 7:32:27 AM
"
Wermine wrote:
"
chaoswind7 wrote:

"

You curse enemies with Sniper's Mark when you're stunned (or blocking stunning hit). That's good. But you also curse enemies with Elemental Weakness when you hit them (with Ball Lightning). That's bad. Your Elemental Weakness overrides Sniper's Mark constantly, thus your good curse is never active.

If you get Whispers of Doom and ring with Vulnerability on hit (zero on sale, even accounting offline guys), you'd be golden.

Ok. Now i understand. Thank you for the explanation.
Hello, fellow Guardians.

Im stuck at lvl 91 and i dont have a lot of currency(so no aul's no skin of the lords). I die(not a lot, but frequently) and, while my clearing speed seems semi-ok, my single target damage is ridiculous.

Here is my pob https://pastebin.com/Cvk9vPR9

What do you think? Thank you very much.
Last edited by kalim8 on Aug 31, 2021, 10:48:24 AM
"
kalim8 wrote:
Hello, fellow Guardians.

Im stuck at lvl 91 and i dont have a lot of currency(so no aul's no skin of the lords). I die(not a lot, but frequently) and, while my clearing speed seems semi-ok, my single target damage is ridiculous.

Here is my pob https://pastebin.com/Cvk9vPR9

What do you think? Thank you very much.

You have very respectable 2m dps. Your poison apply method is interesting: Cyclone, Chance to Poison, Cast while Channelling and Ball Lightning. Since you're asking about single target; how many virulence stacks are you sustaining on single target?

If it's way less than 60, you need to change setup. And if you want damage, you can craft +2 skills amulet. But then you need to get tons of dex. Amulet can roll that too and I guess you'd have to change gloves too. But that only makes sense if you're gonna lose Astramentis's stat boost.
Hi, like to seek advise again. I have whisper of doom, but sniper mark in gem link, enfeeble in gloves and vulnerability in rings. does it means sniper mark will become useless? somehow i noticed it activated from time to time. if become useless, what gem should i replace?

as for storm brand. does it use it for single target? as i seldom use it. does it better if i replaced it with added lightning support gem?
"
ericng010 wrote:
Hi, like to seek advise again. I have whisper of doom, but sniper mark in gem link, enfeeble in gloves and vulnerability in rings. does it means sniper mark will become useless? somehow i noticed it activated from time to time. if become useless, what gem should i replace?

as for storm brand. does it use it for single target? as i seldom use it. does it better if i replaced it with added lightning support gem?

It would be easier to help if you set your profile public.

You have three curses and ability to keep two active. So the methods that apply curses faster, override the ones the apply curses slower. You have to think about the pros and cons of each curse and then choose two:

Sniper's Mark
PRO: helps clear with splitting projectiles, helps single target a lot, gives you Writhing Jar charges in boss fights.
CON: takes gem slot

Enfeeble:
PRO: more tankiness, no gem slot
CON: no dps, no utility

Vulnerability
PRO: is applied to every enemy (unlike Sniper's Mark), no gem slot
CON: just dps, no utility

Personally I'd ditch Enfeeble. We should be tanky enough. That's the gimmick of this build after all.

Storm Brand is indeed used for single target. Ball Lightning alone can't keep 60 virulences up against single target, so you need to cast Brands at the feet of the mob. Always keep an eye on Virulence stack number while doing bosses. You're losing significant chunk of dps if the number is way below 60.
Last edited by Wermine on Sep 1, 2021, 8:02:06 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info