[3.14 No Nerf]Blazing Salvo Hierophant -Totem Bombardier -10m+ Sirus DPS -Newb Friendly

"
Kasspa420 wrote:
While this guys build is decent you might want to give my version a look and see how you feel. It does more damage (5 blazing salvo totems, 2 wave of conviction totems, 2.10mil dmg sirus at 5x totems versus this builds 2.8m sirus with 4 totems). I have much more HP at 5k, 1600ES, and 3200mana which none is reserved so MoM actually works. I also annointed Dynamo and use Steelskin on mouse1 like move only and then literally every single time you move and cast steelskin your regenning 20% of mana over 1 sec, then plus your mana flask and your MoM actually works. I started with the dual kikazuru and the node with the extra 20% reduced curse effect but in the end the mana flask with warding I'm using is always up and I'm never cursed granted on bosses without many adds your going to die once or twice due to the curses, its inevitable I guess. Dunno why the guy doesn't incorporate fire wall self case in either, throw it on your totems so they fire through it and its increased 80-135 added fire dmg to projectiles, its a ton of extra dmg and has a configuration for it even in PoB, if you check mine its in the top right section

Also for the argument about conc effect above, it absolutely works for blazing salvo, it affects the area damage not the initial projectile dmg so it doesn't buff your tooltip DPS numbers, this has been verified multiple times now on reddit by Bex and others.

Gear is beleow and PoB here https://pastebin.com/0GC8qf4q
https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds/char/Kasspa420/BlazingKasspa?i=1&search=class%3DHierophant%26skill%3DBlazing-Salvo%26sort%3Ddps

Interesting, thanks for the information. I'll try the skill again soon. Theoretical DPS is higher than Flameblast but you would need all the projectiles to hit through flame wall - difficult in reality. Sanctuary of Thought's 5k mana threshold buffing AoE to 100%+ would help, but I'm guessing true DPS would be half of PoB's numbers.

My test PoB -

https://pastebin.com/byAnUsgc

No Vaal RF, didn't use awakened gems, 21/0 Blazing Salvo and Flame Wall are < 5c. Self curse # set to 5, could easily be higher through WoC totem spam. High eHP and defense thanks to 3.2k Arcane Cloak on rotation on left click, ~5k MoM, 75% base MS, and 20% attack/spell dodge. PoB looks promising.
Last edited by Crackulous on Oct 5, 2020, 11:02:30 AM
I am going to play this build but could you tell me how do we get power chargers? I don't see any spell/eq/node that would give us power charges on kill
"
oskarkxyz wrote:
I am going to play this build but could you tell me how do we get power chargers? I don't see any spell/eq/node that would give us power charges on kill

It comes from a hierophant ascendancy. Im not sure the exact % chance on summon but you get them rapidly as you summon totems.
I've made some changes, overall I'm now just slightly less tanky now at 4800life and 1300es, 2900mana. However im up to 3m per totem sirus dmg with 5x totems, and then 150k WoC totems x2, and that's without any fuckery like covered in ash and things you can't apply during the boss. You ignite/burn boss with WoC totem, your projectiles all fork due to snake pit, map clear is a breeze now. I have done A6 Sirus, Catalina, shaper/elder, and all guardians/conq's in 5seconds or less (not the aforementioned bosses only conq/guardians). The warding flask is up enough to not have to deal with the self curses it's hardly ever a problem except on bosses like Sirus without any adds that take a while (that boss takes a death usually). I swapped out steelskin or Arcane Cloak (version with %dmg taken gained as mana) and it works just like the steelskin did on mouse1, moves when it cant cast and casts for constant arcanecloak uptime and constant 20% mana regen. The build is insane, everything melts, conqs/guardians are 5sec or less on a7 right now, half the time I've killed the boss before I even realized there was a boss present (map bosses)

PoB is here, I have vaal RF turned off, but that takes it to like 4.1 per totem https://pastebin.com/zt1vSyZp

Last edited by Kasspa420 on Oct 7, 2020, 5:23:57 PM
Anybody ever consider slotting holy flame totem for the built in curse immunity and not having to rely on flasks? I could be wrong, but I was thinking just drop a single HFT during a fight and you can stand on it for regen and immunity or weave in and out of it.
"
Slammedsvt wrote:
Anybody ever consider slotting holy flame totem for the built in curse immunity and not having to rely on flasks? I could be wrong, but I was thinking just drop a single HFT during a fight and you can stand on it for regen and immunity or weave in and out of it.

Due to the nature of being a hierophant, you'll be dropping 2 out of your 5(maybe 6?) or so totems on it. So it'd be a bit of a DPS loss having as many as a third or so of your totems being that rather than Blazing Salvo totems.
I was thinking like an unset ring and just a single socket holy flame totem. I wanted to try and expirament with it but figured I'd ask first, it's been awhile since I've played totems.
"
Crackulous wrote:
"
Kasspa420 wrote:
While this guys build is decent you might want to give my version a look and see how you feel. It does more damage (5 blazing salvo totems, 2 wave of conviction totems, 2.10mil dmg sirus at 5x totems versus this builds 2.8m sirus with 4 totems). I have much more HP at 5k, 1600ES, and 3200mana which none is reserved so MoM actually works. I also annointed Dynamo and use Steelskin on mouse1 like move only and then literally every single time you move and cast steelskin your regenning 20% of mana over 1 sec, then plus your mana flask and your MoM actually works. I started with the dual kikazuru and the node with the extra 20% reduced curse effect but in the end the mana flask with warding I'm using is always up and I'm never cursed granted on bosses without many adds your going to die once or twice due to the curses, its inevitable I guess. Dunno why the guy doesn't incorporate fire wall self case in either, throw it on your totems so they fire through it and its increased 80-135 added fire dmg to projectiles, its a ton of extra dmg and has a configuration for it even in PoB, if you check mine its in the top right section

Also for the argument about conc effect above, it absolutely works for blazing salvo, it affects the area damage not the initial projectile dmg so it doesn't buff your tooltip DPS numbers, this has been verified multiple times now on reddit by Bex and others.

https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds/char/Kasspa420/BlazingKasspa?i=1&search=class%3DHierophant%26skill%3DBlazing-Salvo%26sort%3Ddps

Interesting, thanks for the information. I'll try the skill again soon. Theoretical DPS is higher than Flameblast but you would need all the projectiles to hit through flame wall - difficult in reality. Sanctuary of Thought's 5k mana threshold buffing AoE to 100%+ would help, but I'm guessing true DPS would be half of PoB's numbers.

My test PoB -

No Vaal RF, didn't use awakened gems, 21/0 Blazing Salvo and Flame Wall are < 5c. Self curse # set to 5, could easily be higher through WoC totem spam. High eHP and defense thanks to 3.2k Arcane Cloak on rotation on left click, ~5k MoM, 75% base MS, and 20% attack/spell dodge. PoB looks promising.

It's really easy to make the projectiles go through flame wall, you just cast the flame wall on top of the totems. I made changes to gear, swapped steelskin for arcane cloak, same guardian skill works the same with it on mouse 1 like move only but casts it when its up and provides the 20% mana regen instantly from Dynamo. Dps numbers are up to 3.1m without RF, 4m with and the survivability actually feels better now with arcane cloak versus steelskin. I've done a7 sirus now, working on a8 still but everything melts literally. If I die its because I couldn't do a mechanic like an idiot or the boss has so many phases without adds I'm unable to get any mana flask charges back to remove curses, it's not often.
"
Kasspa420 wrote:
"
Crackulous wrote:
"
Kasspa420 wrote:

My test PoB -

It's really easy to make the projectiles go through flame wall, you just cast the flame wall on top of the totems. I made changes to gear, swapped steelskin for arcane cloak, same guardian skill works the same with it on mouse 1 like move only but casts it when its up and provides the 20% mana regen instantly from Dynamo. Dps numbers are up to 3.1m without RF, 4m with and the survivability actually feels better now with arcane cloak versus steelskin. I've done a7 sirus now, working on a8 still but everything melts literally. If I die its because I couldn't do a mechanic like an idiot or the boss has so many phases without adds I'm unable to get any mana flask charges back to remove curses, it's not often.

Agreed, Arcane Cloak is the best guard skill if you're invested in MoM for both offense and defense.

Transitioned to Blazing Salvo. Compared to Flameblast, Salvo has higher bossing DPS and less delay for mapping, but Flameblast is better at running reflect maps. Both skills can run all map mods. For no regen maps, I substitute Omeyocan for Dance of the Offered and use Steelskin and a mana flask.

Killed my first A8 Sirus with Salvo deathless. Did not use Concentrated Effect as it would reduce the % of projectiles hitting the boss, causing a DPS loss. On paper it's the best support gem, I'll test it more.

Unavailable

Items -

Last edited by Crackulous on Oct 8, 2020, 5:01:40 PM
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
"
Blue2sue wrote:

This build can work but if you actually understand how to use path of building you would know his dps is a scam. While his dps is still good his survivability is also lacking. He turns on frenzy charges, enemy covered in ash and enemeys are ignited but yet uses elemental focus so no ignite. no a chieftian or scion or have a xophs blood so no way to cover somthing in ash. and No way to generate your frenzy charges. I wouldnt say either build is better or not cause both could work but honest and real path of buildings would be nice. The use of void battery is a cool concept though i wonder if you can get more power charges also getting damage per power charge on gear/ jewel.

The frenzy charges come from heirophant. if you looked at the build you would know this.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info